Page 37 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Final from Atlanta: Reds 12, Braves 3. Phils up by a game in NL East.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So here is a question. if you can take a team out of the division your team is in and add a different team who would it be?

For me I would Switch out the Pirates with the Phillies, and The Cub would get dropped for the White Sox.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So here is a question. if you can take a team out of the division your team is in and add a different team who would it be?

For me I would Switch out the Pirates with the Phillies, and The Cub would get dropped for the White Sox.
    For me I think its lunacy that baseball doesn't just get rid of these leagues and go geographical. Its nuts that the Yankees and Mets are not big rivals. Or the White sox and Cubs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Baltimore Orioles 1st baseman Chris Davis has retired.

The Chicago Cubs have released Jake Arrieta. Article Link
    I mean that Chris Davis thing could be a novel in and of itself. What a disaster.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The Field of Dreams game was awesome. Well done, Iowa.
    White Sox 9, Yankees 8.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    For me I think its lunacy that baseball doesn't just get rid of these leagues and go geographical. Its nuts that the Yankees and Mets are not big rivals. Or the White sox and Cubs.
    That's what interleague play is for. I for one have no problem with the divisions the way they currently are. Besides, I believe that anything in the way of realignment has to pass muster with the player's union, and heaven only knows if they'd agree to that.

Ultimate Member

Some teams not playing each other had more to do with the when the different teams came into play and such, the Mets haven't been around NEARLY as long as the Yankees have...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Some teams not playing each other had more to do with the when the different teams came into play and such, the Mets haven't been around NEARLY as long as the Yankees have...
    Indeed. The Yankees began in 1903, and the Mets in 1962.

Ultimate Member

That and where some teams are now is not even close to where they started as well, and yeah my fellow Iowans did put on a good show, the players helped...a little...I guess...

This Sports Illustrated article on Atlanta Braves manager Brian Snitker was a darn good read.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    The Field of Dreams game was awesome. Well done, Iowa.
    White Sox 9, Yankees 8.
    I enjoyed the game. but Since the Black Sox scandal happened with the Reds why not do an Interleague game between the Reds and White Sox?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I enjoyed the game. but Since the Black Sox scandal happened with the Reds why not do an Interleague game between the Reds and White Sox?
    Because they want the movie. Keirmeir for the Rays hit an inside the park home run against the Twins! Nice one! Are they rarer than stealing home?

Speaking of the movie, the FoD game took the highest rating for any MLB regular season game since 2005! Do it again, guys; that game charmed the hell out of me.

Nice to wake up and find the Braves managed to move back into a first place tie after a long rain delay(Delay was actually 10 minutes longer than the game itself), right now they're at a soft spot in the schedule while the Phillies and Mets are in rougher ones, so it's an ideal time to make a run

My Reds beat the Phllies last night. I am pretty happy with the result because the Phillies had one of their best starters on the mound.

In the feeling of community togetherness I will with hold Smack talk on WPP

Also because I am pretty sure if I do talk crap my Reds will get blown out the next two games.

I am looking forward to the next two games though because I enjoy when we play the Phillies. They have a nice park and it is always a fun set of games

Chris Sale is set to make his return from TJ surgery tonight for the Red Sox. This could be make or break for the Sox' stretch drive as they seem to be counting on Sale to be a shot in the arm for the playoff race. If he is, it's a big boost for the Six, if he fizzles or has a setback, it will be a big blow for Boston.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato