Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Mets Nats opener cancelled due to COVID issues.

Sox-Orioles PPD due to weather.

I want to enjoy this season because the CBA expires after this season and the union and owners have shown zero ability to work anything out to eithers satisfaction, so I am expecting an extended work stoppage beginning with what would be next season, with 2022 possibly being a lost season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Flip a Coin for Field of Dreams or The Natural for my favorite.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Mets Nats opener cancelled due to COVID issues.

Sox-Orioles PPD due to weather.
    Watching Blue Jays-Yankees on ESPN. According to the crawl, the former won't be rescheduled for Friday after another positive test was found in Washington's clubhouse while the latter will be played at 2 p.m. tomorrow.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Happy Opening day, got to watch probably the only Tigers game I'll be able to watch legally (seriously screw sinclair). Nice 3-2 win. Despite the snow it was nice to see fans in the stands (20% capacity).
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Here in Philly, there's a tad over 8,000 at Citizen's Bank Park as the Phillies lead Atlanta 2-0 in the fifth behind Aaron Nola who's dealing against the Braves.

Ultimate Member

Well so far my Cardinals are beating up on the Reds...

Extraordinary Member

HOW many home runs does Cody Bellinger have now?

Seems to me that Justin Turner might have some 'splaining to do...

Extraordinary Member

Wow, the Rangers allowed as many people as wanted to be there on opening day into the ballpark. Later, the club admitted that allowing in both their fans was probably a bit too scary...

Nationals and Mets will have their first two games at least postponed after the Nationals had a COVID outbreak

It is 2:00am local. I have been watching baseball since 1 yesterday. Spring break was perfectly timed this year.

Pretty awesome finish in Seattle to end my day of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Wow, the Rangers allowed as many people as wanted to be there on opening day into the ballpark. Later, the club admitted that allowing in both their fans was probably a bit too scary...
    That was flat out foolish. I hope that doesn't end up being a super spreader event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Nationals and Mets will have their first two games at least postponed after the Nationals had a COVID outbreak
    Like last season, there's every reason to believe (unfortunately) other teams might suffer outbreaks.

my Reds got beat by the Cards yesterday. And while I was pissed at a 6-0 score in the first inning there were some good take a ways. The bullpen had 5 scoreless innings to end the game, hitting was decent. The new guys in the booth did decent, though Barry Larkin was a bit stiff it was however his first game in the booth so I am sure he will get better. Our young kind Indy did pretty solid in his big league debut.

Not the outcome I wanted but it was not god awful.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My Phillies opened their season with 3-2 win over Atlanta in 10 innings yesterday. Here's an interesting stat I heard on the radio this afternoon: the Phils won a game that was tied in the late innings. Last year, thanks to our firestarter bullpen, that happened only ONCE.

No baseball for the Mets and Nats this weekend as it's been reported that four Washington players tested positive for the virus while five others are in quarantine.

Extraordinary Member

I think the Cody Bellinger/Justin Turner "home run...oh, sorry, I mean....ulp....single with an out" thing was an early highlight/lowlight of the season. Imagine if Bellinger misses an incentive clause by one HR...