Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    hey look Cole Hamels is out for the season again, who could have predicted that
    Phillies fans screamed bloody murder when the team passed on Hamels. For the record, I wasn't one of them because I knew better since EVERY other team in MLB, playoff contenders included didn't give Hamels so much as the time of day until the Dodgers took a flyer on him. I can't wait to hear what those fans have to say today.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Big series for the Red Sox and the Yankees starts tonight. Should be good.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Freddie Freeman hit for the cycle tonight becoming the fifth first basemen to do it more than once since 1900. After an unusually slow start to the season he's now slashing .301/.399/.520 so he's back with a vengeance

Braves also extended their winning streak to 6 with a second consecutive sweep and also now have a 10 game road winning streak, and if Arizona can hold on for 3 more outs may soon enjoy a 3.5 game division lead
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-18-2021 at 09:15 PM.

The Red Sox are dead in the water from here until next season starts. Pretty sad.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Freddie Freeman hit for the cycle tonight becoming the fifth first basemen to do it more than once since 1900. After an unusually slow start to the season he's now slashing .301/.399/.520 so he's back with a vengeance

Braves also extended their winning streak to 6 with a second consecutive sweep and also now have a 10 game road winning streak, and if Arizona can hold on for 3 more outs may soon enjoy a 3.5 game division lead
    You got your wish as my Phillies lost 4-2. After an eight game win streak, my squad have now lost 6 of their last eight, including two to the worst team in baseball. Unlike us or the Mets, at present, I don't see the Braves giving up their lead. URGH!

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    The Red Sox are dead in the water from here until next season starts. Pretty sad.
    Talk about taking a wrong turn. This is a freaking disaster.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I feel slightly uncomfortable for saying this as a Mets fan, but I love Freddie Freeman. Easily my favorite player on a rival team right now and possibly of all time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I feel slightly uncomfortable for saying this as a Mets fan, but I love Freddie Freeman. Easily my favorite player on a rival team right now and possibly of all time.
    The guy brings it, he seems friendly, and he's mostly consistently great. What's not to like? Even if fans of many teams secretly wish he was their first baseman...

Though your Mets have that one covered.
    Last edited by achilles; 08-19-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I'm a Phillies fan, and Freeman is the ONLY member of the Braves whom I like. From everything I've heard and read, he's a genuinely good guy, not to mention a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Talk about taking a wrong turn. This is a freaking disaster.
    Exactly!!! A giant disaster. Anyone saying this organization is "building the farm system and looking forward to the next 10 years" is very wrong. Should have made better trades at the deadline. This team had potential. Now? They are dead in the water. Very sad.

Former Detroit Tigers All-Star catcher Bill Freehan, who helped lead the team to the 1968 World Series title, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

On August 8th, my Phillies completed a sweep of the Mets for an eight game win streak, were 59-53 with a two game lead over Atlanta. Eleven days later, my squad has flat out collapsed, going 2-7, lowlighted by a sweep today at the hands of Arizona, baseball's worst team. Now the Phils are four games BEHIND the Braves who've taken off and have what might be a stranglehold on NL East. Talk about pathetic! I've watched a lot of bad baseball with the Phillies: early 70's, late 80's, nearly all of the 90's, the early 00's and nearly all the 10's, but this version is flat out horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    On August 8th, my Phillies completed a sweep of the Mets for an eight game win streak, were 59-53 with a two game lead over Atlanta. Eleven days later, my squad has flat out collapsed, going 2-7, lowlighted by a sweep today at the hands of Arizona, baseball's worst team. Now the Phils are four games BEHIND the Braves who've taken off and have what might be a stranglehold on NL East. Talk about pathetic! I've watched a lot of bad baseball with the Phillies: early 70's, late 80's, nearly all of the 90's, the early 00's and nearly all the 10's, but this version is flat out horrible!
    So it sounds like bad baseball for pretty much 9/10th of Phillies existence?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So it sounds like bad baseball for pretty much 9/10th of Phillies existence?
    Yep, pretty much. There's a reason the Phils have won the World Series just TWICE in the one hundred plus years of their tortured existence.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yep, pretty much. There's a reason the Phils have won the World Series just TWICE in the one hundred plus years of their tortured existence.
    Hey I watch the Bengals. I get it

And The Reds fan base wont stop talkign about the Big Red Machine and the wire to wire season in the 90's yet get pissed when Cubs fan brings up 2016 because it is in the past lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.