Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

My big question mark about the Phillies is why ever since 2018 when they were supposed to start seeing results out of their rebuilt they've been utterly incapable of winning on the road. Every year they play well at home and have the home record of a good contending team, but the road record of a basement team, and it's trending the exact same way yet again this year

Someone might want to tell Steve Cohen that getting mad and trashing your players over twitter isn't going to do you any favors in attracting free agents
    Last edited by Hiromi; 08-19-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    My big question mark about the Phillies is why ever since 2018 when they were supposed to start seeing results out of their rebuilt they've been utterly incapable of winning on the road. Every year they play well at home and have the home record of a good contending team, but the road record of a basement team, and it's trending the exact same way yet again this year

Someone might want to tell Steve Cohen that getting mad and trashing your players over twitter isn't going to do you any favors in attracting free agents
    I have ZERO idea why the Phils are so damn hapless on the road. Getting swept by the worst team in baseball is absolutely unacceptible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Hate to bring this up, but I'm unclear on the Otahni thing. From what little I gather, broadcaster Jack Morris, said something, or perhaps said it in a way that was frankly racist. Mostly in the fake Asian accent, (ignoring that there about 100 different such accents).

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Hate to bring this up, but I'm unclear on the Otahni thing. From what little I gather, broadcaster Jack Morris, said something, or perhaps said it in a way that was frankly racist. Mostly in the fake Asian accent, (ignoring that there about 100 different such accents).
    I heard about that the other day. Clearly the Tigers quickly decided to be proactive and suspended Morris for what he said.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I heard about that the other day. Clearly the Tigers quickly decided to be proactive and suspended Morris for what he said.
    Good on them, And good on Otahni for his classy response.

Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo is buying an ownership stake in the Milwaukee Brewers. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Atlanta's Max Fried did his best impersonation of Greg Maddux, shutting out the hapless Orioles on just 90 pitches, giving up just three hits in a 3-0 Braves win last night. Meanwhile, my Phillies broke their three game slide with a 4-3 win over the Fathers, as for the Mets, their slide continues with a 3-2 loss to the Dodgers.

Mets have now dropped 10 games in the standings in 20 days and are two games under .500

I have ZERO idea why the Phils are so damn hapless on the road. Getting swept by the worst team in baseball is absolutely unacceptible.
    I haven't even watched them at all the last couple of games.

I just need a little break. They've been so bad.
    Last edited by cable guy; 08-21-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone care to pick a Series favorite? I've got no clue at this point, with players falling left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Anyone care to pick a Series favorite? I've got no clue at this point, with players falling left and right.
    I'm going with the Dodgers, as, to quote the immortal Ric Flair, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!" With L.A. having traded for Max Scherzer and Mookie Betts bound to return sooner or later, the Dodgers remain the favorite to come out of the National League, if not repeat as champions.

Extraordinary Member

I'm going with the Dodgers, as, to quote the immortal Ric Flair, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!" With L.A. having traded for Max Scherzer and Mookie Betts bound to return sooner or later, the Dodgers remain the favorite to come out of the National League, if not repeat as champions.
    Kershaw is on the IL, and who knows how well he'll pitch IF he makes it back this season--but yeah, assuming things break right for them, they're strong in the hunt . But then there's the Giants...

Before the Nats "trade---aka fire sale", I had my doubts, now, the Dodgers have a real shot.
    Last edited by achilles; 08-22-2021 at 04:39 AM.

Miguel Cabrera just joined the 500 home run club, less the 50 hits away from also joining the 3000 hit club, instant first balloter

With today’s sweep of the horribly hapless Orioles, Atlanta won their franchise setting 13th straight road game to maintain what might be an insurmountable five game lead over my Phillies in NL East.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Miguel Cabrera just joined the 500 home run club, less the 50 hits away from also joining the 3000 hit club, instant first balloter
    Awesome! Apparently there's a game, this year between the Angels and someone else, doesn't matter. What mattered is that all the teams partcipating in the Little League World Series to sit in the front row to watch and talk and interact with the big leaguers. Must have been a dream come true for the kids, and that's one great way to get people into ballparks again on the level they used to.