Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With today’s sweep of the horribly hapless Orioles, Atlanta won their franchise setting 13th straight road game to maintain what might be an insurmountable five game lead over my Phillies in NL East.
    Sorry, (though I'm an Atlanta fan, mainly for Freeman and Acuna jr.), but keep up the hope; maybe they get hot and the Braves ice cold.

Red Sox season is over. Dead in the water. 7.0 games back. I am cheering for the Giants.
    Last edited by InfamousBG; 08-23-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member

Not a car, but the acceleration is unbelievable, leaving the fastest accelerating hyper-cars on the market wondering what happened!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/worlds-fa...044128122.html

Yeah, I'm not going on something that stands a great chance of breaking my neck or back from the Gs.

I am hyped. my case manager and I have set a date to go to a Reds game. We are going next month Reds Vs Pirates in an afternoon special. And the best part Sam leCure my favorite Reds player/broadcaster ever is going to be there. He does the pre/post game at the stadium and gets to the set in the 7th and talks to people and signs autographs I am hyped to meet him.

Best part is it is an afternoon game during the week so not much of a crowd and we are getting to the game around the 4th inning so I can have a better chance of seeing Sam. Wuld hate to get their in the first and have to leave in the 3rd. My first trip to the ball park in 11 years and I am excited and nervous at the same time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am hyped. my case manager and I have set a date to go to a Reds game. We are going next month Reds Vs Pirates in an afternoon special. And the best part Sam leCure my favorite Reds player/broadcaster ever is going to be there. He does the pre/post game at the stadium and gets to the set in the 7th and talks to people and signs autographs I am hyped to meet him.

Best part is it is an afternoon game during the week so not much of a crowd and we are getting to the game around the 4th inning so I can have a better chance of seeing Sam. Wuld hate to get their in the first and have to leave in the 3rd. My first trip to the ball park in 11 years and I am excited and nervous at the same time.
    Good for you! I hope you enjoy yourself!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Good for you! I hope you enjoy yourself!
    Thank you. I am so nervous. And I know when I meet Sam I am going to freak out.

My case manager who is a huge Reds fan does not get why he is my favorite player since he only lasted 5 years in the league and has a losing record in the league.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My Phillies were bushwhacked by Tampa Bay late last night, losing 7-4 for a two game sweep. With all the juice about the Yankees, Astros and Giants, it feels like people are sleeping on the Rays, who, despite having a payroll of just under $71 million, own the best record in the AL at 79-48 and third best in all of baseball. Tampa doesn't have anything even remotely resembling a superstar on the roster, a little to unknown pitching staff, and when a player becomes too expensive or is close to a big payday, he's almost immediately sent packing for prospects. Despite all that, the Rays just keep on winning, using solid fundamentals and solid pitching to stay on top. Let's not forget, the Rays are the defending AL Champs, and it would be foolish to think they can't repeat this year.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cardinals and Molina agree to one year extension.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/y...ith-cardinals/

Extraordinary Member

My Phillies were bushwhacked by Tampa Bay late last night, losing 7-4 for a two game sweep. With all the juice about the Yankees, Astros and Giants, it feels like people are sleeping on the Rays, who, despite having a payroll of just under $71 million, own the best record in the AL at 79-48 and third best in all of baseball. Tampa doesn't have anything even remotely resembling a superstar on the roster, a little to unknown pitching staff, and when a player becomes too expensive or is close to a big payday, he's almost immediately sent packing for prospects. Despite all that, the Rays just keep on winning, using solid fundamentals and solid pitching to stay on top. Let's not forget, the Rays are the defending AL Champs, and it would be foolish to think they can't repeat this year.
    I've been a fan of the Rays for years; I just don't know how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    My guess? Good coaching, from Tropicana Field all the way down to single-A, top notch scouting and one hell of a strong farm system. Other than say, the Dodgers, few teams in MLB do it better than Tampa.

Is the current Rays GM the one who interviewed for the Phillies 5 or 6 years ago? When Matt Klentak was hired. I heard that before.

Either way, Klentak was hired over a current successful GM.
    Last edited by cable guy; 08-26-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The thing is Tampa for the longest time has not bought into the hype of signing big name free agents in the off season or right before the deadline giving up draft picks and killing pay roll. They have invested in the farm system, devolving prospects and draft picks, working with people they can see as coaches and managers. I know they have a great management development program, or did where they sent people there to lean the ins and outs of management, not just on the game level but for dealing with players on a personal level and things like that. it is amazing the approach they have used.

Hoskins is out for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah, heard about that. It never rains, but it pours. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    That is a shame. I did like him. In each Division I have a favorite team. And The Phillies are my favorite in the East.