Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Things are going south with a vengeance in Metsland, and as a Phillies fan, I couldn't be happier:

Báez, Mets on fans' boos: 'It just feels bad'

Bad call, homeslice. Getting into a pissing match with the fans is NO hill to die on, not after your team went from 4 games up in NL East on July 31st to 7 1/2 games down after yesterday. And pulling a stunt like that in New York Freaking City is stupid on steroids. But hey, I'm getting a good laugh out of this mess!
    Baez is one of the dumbest players in the MLB and I cant stand him after years of watching him with The Cubs. he is all flash. Wanted to run his mouth to players on the other teams and when they come at him he runs behind his nearest teammate as if they are holding him back so he can look tough. he bad mouths fans and is just a POS.

Meanwhile my Reds may be talking themselves out of the post season. They have lost 3 in a row including 2 against The Marlins. They lost last night on the Cards who they are only a couple games ahead of in the WC standings and Have a double header vs them on Wednesday as tonight game was called off because of the game. At the start of the Week The Reds were 2 games up on The Padres and 3.5 up on the Cards. By the end of the week they could be behind both of them.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-31-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Analysts John Smoltz and Al Leiter are continuing to refuse getting vaccinated and as of Tuesday, they will no long appear in studio for the MLB Network. The network put a vaccine mandate in effect yesterday. The two analysts will have to work remotely unless they get the vaccine it appears. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

More MLB Covid news.

Bob Boone says he will leave the Natinals rather then comply with vaccine mandate.

https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/...64220271677445
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Analysts John Smoltz and Al Leiter are continuing to refuse getting vaccinated and as of Tuesday, they will no long appear in studio for the MLB Network. The network put a vaccine mandate in effect yesterday. The two analysts will have to work remotely unless they get the vaccine it appears. Article Link.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    More MLB Covid news.

Bob Boone says he will leave the Natinals rather then comply with vaccine mandate.

https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/...64220271677445
    These idiots either fail to understand, or flat out don’t care that it’s not about them, it’s about the people they come into contact with, including those who could have weakened immune systems who could contract the virus. Selfishness like this drives me up a wall.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

These idiots either fail to understand, or flat out don’t care that it’s not about them, it’s about the people they come into contact with, including those who could have weakened immune systems who could contract the virus. Selfishness like this drives me up a wall.
    Nationals dont seem to be putting up with it. Boone is not the only guy gone. he is just the biggest name. They got rid of several people in their office for not getting the shot. Pretty much all grunts but they are sending a message.

Nationals dont seem to be putting up with it. Boone is not the only guy gone. he is just the biggest name. They got rid of several people in their office for not getting the shot. Pretty much all grunts but they are sending a message.
    Boone played for the Phillies and was on the 1980 World Championship team. I’m disappointed in him.

Here's an Article Link that goes into a little more detail about the people being fired by the Nationals.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I think in the next few weeks there will be a lot of people let go from the MLB and NFL for "Performance issues" and we are going to see a lot of those who are let go have not had the vaccine and refuse to get it.

Extraordinary Member

Well, a big thanks to Rickie Ricardo, the Spanish announcer for the Yanks, who rescued his YES colleague John Sterling from his trapped car in the flooded streets of NYC, from which they were calling the Yanks' game against the Angels in Anaheim, (calling it from the stadium there rather than traveling with the team due to COVID protocols). Brave deed; and the flooding was very much worse than I thought, with people drowning in their cars, (much like Sterling's situation), or in their basement apartments. Imagine going to sleep or something and waking up underwater and dead. Okay, that last isn't going to happen quite that way, but whatever; it sounds like a bad situation.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/spanish...015516222.html

A new round of follies in NL East. Atlanta’s lead, once at five games only a week or so ago has dissipated as they’ve had a hiccup, allowing my Phillies, rolling on a six game win streak to close to just two games as of this morning. Both teams are on the road this weekend playing bottom feeders (the Braves in Colorado, Philly in Miami), so it’ll be interesting to see what the standings will be like come Labor Day.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-03-2021 at 12:13 PM.

HOF player Jonny Bench has tested positive for Covid. he has had the vaccine.

A new round of follies in NL East. Atlanta’s lead, once at five games only a week or so ago has dissipated as they’ve had a hiccup, allowing my Phillies, rolling on a six game win streak to close to just two games as of this morning. Both teams are on the road this weekend playing bottom feeders (the Braves in Colorado, Philly in Miami), so it’ll be interesting to see what the standings will be like come Labor Day.
    To be honest everyone here is Cincy is so focused on The Padres taking our wild card away from us. But to be honest I am more worried about The Phillies. So I am hoping you all win the East so we can go back to just worrying about The Padres and the Cards.

Cubs manager David Ross and the team's president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer have both tested positive for Covid.

There are three constants in life: death, taxes, and my Phillies shitting the bed in Miami. Riding a six game win streak, during which the team scored at least seven runs per game in the last seven, both came to a screeching halt in the Sunshine State as the Phightins were pummeled 10-3 by the last place Marlins. URGH! I don't for the life of me know why the Phils stink like day old diapers against Miami over the last couple of seasons, and the stink is even more powerful in their ballpark as the Fish rode a seven run sixth to turn a tie game into a rout. Fortunately, Atlanta lost in Colorado, so they didn't gain any ground, unfortunately, the Mets appear to have righted their ship, winning a fifth straight last night to pull within two games behind the Phils and four games out of first. Suddenly, it looks like baseball's most mediocre division is in flux again.

Extraordinary Member

You know, the Braves' announce team is pretty good, so you'd think they'd know better. It is a well known law of science that if you badmouth an opposing player in some way, five seconds later, or while you are still badmouthing that player; he will then do whatever you just said he can't. So...they really should have known better to talk smack about Charlie Blackmon's ability to hit grand slams in the first game with the Rox when he came up with bases loaded. Then, the next game, they really should have known better than to continue to talk smack about Charlie's ability to hit home runs in general.

Any way, the fact that the Braves aren't crushing the Rox every game added to the fact that they got swept by the Dodgers...makes me think they aren't quite ready for prime time, so to speak. Of course, the Phillies don't seem to be any better. Both teams have flashes of brilliance, but are terribly inconsistent. Honestly, I think the Rays might sneak through this year and win it all.