Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Meanwhile my Reds keep finding ways to shoot themselves in the foot by losing to the Tigers 15-5 and giving up 5 HR in the game. We are only .5 games up on the Padres and 1.5 up on the Cards and 2 and 4 up on the Phillies and Mets.

Padres are on a slump that helps. Phillies and Mets seem to be playing in a division where no one cares enough to want to put more then a few wins in a row together The Cards had a huge win on the Brewers last night.

Reds have lost 5 out of the last 7. So a bit worried.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The Astros and Nationals have cut off health benefits for fired employees who refused to be vaccinated. Here's the story.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, my Phillies were leading Miami 2-0 when, in the bottom of the eighth----BOOM went the dynamite as the Marlins scored three to take the lead and win 3-2. Fans here are dumping on manager Joe Girardi for pulling Ranger Suarez after just five innings when he was dealing, but that lets the bats off the hook as they were MIA and pathetic last night, scoring all of two runs off a collection of no name pitchers. Fortunately, the Braves lost yet again in Colorado, so the Phils remain two games behind the Braves in baseball's weakest division.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Someone should let the Nationals know that they should probably cover first base on a hopper to the pitcher... Haven't seen that since high school...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, my Phillies were leading Miami 2-0 when, in the bottom of the eighth----BOOM went the dynamite as the Marlins scored three to take the lead and win 3-2. Fans here are dumping on manager Joe Girardi for pulling Ranger Suarez after just five innings when he was dealing, but that lets the bats off the hook as they were MIA and pathetic last night, scoring all of two runs off a collection of no name pitchers. Fortunately, the Braves lost yet again in Colorado, so the Phils remain two games behind the Braves in baseball's weakest division.
    Maybe your Phillies should get Charlie Blackmon next season for those games against the Braves; he's homered in three straight against them, one his 4th GS.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Maybe your Phillies should get Charlie Blackmon next season for those games against the Braves; he's homered in three straight against them, one his 4th GS.
    I’ll pass that along to Phillies’ head honcho Dave Dombrowski.

Well, my Phillies managed to avoid getting swept by last place Miami with a 4-3 10 inning win today.

Dodgers-Giants from Frisco on ESPN. L.A. is wearing all blue. Hideous!

Dodgers-Giants from Frisco on ESPN. L.A. is wearing all blue. Hideous!
    What?! I really like them. You and I have a vast difference in the definition of Hideous. Kind of light weight find all of your comments of this board suspect now. :P
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What?! I really like them. You and I have a vast difference in the definition of Hideous. Kind of light weight find all of your comments of this board suspect now. :P
    I guess I’m old school when it comes to stuff like uniforms, and what I’m seeing from the Dodgers doesn’t appeal to me. Don’t even get me started on the crap Boston wore earlier in the season when they basically sported UCLA colors. And I can’t stand it that so few players wear their pant legs high to display their stirrups, a classic look from the olden days which I’ve always loved.

Yes, that was my “Get off my lawn” moment.

I guess I’m old school when it comes to stuff like uniforms, and what I’m seeing from the Dodgers doesn’t appeal to me. Don’t even get me started on the crap Boston wore earlier in the season when they basically sported UCLA colors. And I can’t stand it that so few players wear their pant legs high to display their stirrups, a classic look from the olden days which I’ve always loved.

Yes, that was my “Get off my lawn” moment.
    Want to rant about todays music while you are on a roll Gramps

I am a fan of alternate uniforms and classic uniforms. It is kind of fun to see the old school stuff or even a new look.

I legit love the Astros uniform in the 80s. See how happy those guys are! That comes from a love of bold fashion choices. And if you can take anything I said seriously after that you are a better man then I.

AP_17299486750460.jpg
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-05-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Want to rant about todays music while you are on a roll Gramps

I am a fan of alternate uniforms and classic uniforms. It is kind of fun to see the old school stuff or even a new look.

I legit love the Astros uniform in the 80s. See how happy those guys are! That comes from a love of bold fashion choices. And if you can take anything I said seriously after that you are a better man then I.

AP_17299486750460.jpg
    I’m rather fond of the old Astros uniforms, they had a quirky appeal that I liked. As for today’s music? Meh!

Extraordinary Member

Those old Astro uniforms were nice, but they just didn't have the cut to properly hide a chest buzzer or a trash can lid.

So, after losing two of three to bottom feeding Miami (fortunately, no ground in the NL East race was lost as Atlanta lost two of three to bottom feeding Colorado), my Phillies roll into Milwaukee for a three game set. Given how erratic the Phils have been this season, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they sweep the NL Central leading Brewers. I can totally see that happening.

Well my Reds continue to shit the bed. losing to world series hopeful Cubs. Baserunning awful, bell depending too much on the Lefty righty match ups again cost this team AGAIN! If his last name was not Bell and that family so loved in this city he would not even be serving hot dogs in the stadium let alone managing a team.