Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    And the A's to Vegas.
    Poor Oakland...left in the dust with nothing.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Astros take game one against the Pale Hose 6-1.

Tampa leads game one against Boston 2-0 in the second inning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I’m betting on the Brewers to defeat the Braves today.
    Also I might be betting on the Rays to defeat the Red Sox.

Full schedule today:

White Sox-Astros (game 2) at 2:07
    Braves-Brewers (game 1) at 4:37
    Red Sox-Rays (game 2) at 7:02
    Dodgers-Giants (game 1) at 9:37

The talk of last night's action was Tampa's Randy Arozarena who hit a homer AND stole home, something that hadn't been done in a playoff game since Jackie Robinson did it against the Yankees in 1955. Arozarena, only 26 is fast becoming a star, which means he'll be playing somewhere else inside of two or three years. The minute his rookie deal is up and his agent asks for anything over the league minimum, the Rays will immediately flip him for prospects, regardless of how popular he's become. For team that's routinely at the very bottom when it comes to spending cash and can't attract anything in the way of free agents, even though the team has been a consistent winner, keeping the farm system stocked with good young players is the only way that team manages to succeed, which, in itself has been impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Full schedule today:

White Sox-Astros (game 2) at 2:07
    Braves-Brewers (game 1) at 4:37
    Red Sox-Rays (game 2) at 7:02
    Dodgers-Giants (game 1) at 9:37

The talk of last night's action was Tampa's Randy Arozarena who hit a homer AND stole home, something that hadn't been done in a playoff game since Jackie Robinson did it against the Yankees in 1955. Arozarena, only 26 is fast becoming a star, which means he'll be playing somewhere else inside of two or three years. The minute his rookie deal is up and his agent asks for anything over the league minimum, the Rays will immediately flip him for prospects, regardless of how popular he's become. For team that's routinely at the very bottom when it comes to spending cash and can't attract anything in the way of free agents, even though the team has been a consistent winner, keeping the farm system stocked with good young players is the only way that team manages to succeed, which, in itself has been impressive.
    Just think of how good they would be if they decided to spend some money! They may have a ring or 2 in the next few years!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Just think of how good they would be if they decided to spend some money! They may have a ring or 2 in the next few years!
    I think their spending is constrained by their tiny media market. Which is why I'm betting their real goal is Nashville in the "Who wants an overperforming MLB team currently in a tiny market" sweepstakes. And...somehow, they've managed the feat of pulling off moneyball year after year. I'm taking the Rays over the Red Sox.

Astonishing Member

Can baseball get Tampa out of that city and that crappy stadium? I totally respect that organization they are amazing. But come on. The place looks like a post apocalyptic crap hole and they can't even get enough fans in a playoff game to sell it out. Thats embarrassing. Its amazing to me that they keep that team there.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 10-08-2021 at 12:59 PM.

I have the Brewers game on. Am bouncing between that and watching last nights new show Ghosts. its pretty funny So win win for me tonight.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Can baseball get Tampa out of that city and that crappy stadium? I totally respect that organization they are amazing. But come on. The place looks like a post apocalyptic crap hole and they can't even get enough fans in a playoff game to sell it out. Thats embarrassing. Its amazing to me that they keep that team there.
    Well, I'm sure the Rays are trying, and that MLB wouldn't be unhappy if they succeed. But I think Montreal isn't happening; they'll go for Nashville.

Well, I'm sure the Rays are trying, and that MLB wouldn't be unhappy if they succeed. But I think Montreal isn't happening; they'll go for Nashville.
    Thats a shame. I loved the Expos. And I know they wouldnt take the Expos name but it would be fun to see a team back in Montreal.

But where has the take for Nashville come from. it seems the last couple of years there has been some talk about getting them a baseball team. if not the Rays then another one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thats a shame. I loved the Expos. And I know they wouldnt take the Expos name but it would be fun to see a team back in Montreal.

But where has the take for Nashville come from. it seems the last couple of years there has been some talk about getting them a baseball team. if not the Rays then another one.
    I think it's just thinking about what city would provide the best market for the team, which is likely Nashville. It hits a section of the country where there aren't a lot of MLB teams, in a state where there aren't any, with probably the largest TV market outside of Atlanta in the South. The weather is good, and the city will likely play ball so to speak with the Rays if they choose to move there. Mostly, there just aren't too many good alternatives.

Astonishing Member

I think it's just thinking about what city would provide the best market for the team, which is likely Nashville. It hits a section of the country where there aren't a lot of MLB teams, in a state where there aren't any, with probably the largest TV market outside of Atlanta in the South. The weather is good, and the city will likely play ball so to speak with the Rays if they choose to move there. Mostly, there just aren't too many good alternatives.
    I have no problem with Nashville, or Charlotte. But something other than where they are. That organization is amazing. But they are playing in a garbage can with no fan support. Its embarrassing for MLB. It looks like a Silo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I have no problem with Nashville, or Charlotte. But something other than where they are. That organization is amazing. But they are playing in a garbage can with no fan support. Its embarrassing for MLB. It looks like a Silo.
    Yeah, it's pretty poor.

Good game so far in Tampa.
    5-4 Rays

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Good game so far in Tampa.
    5-4 Rays
    Not so fast, my friend. Boston broke out the bats and just took an 8-5 lead.