Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    If I can, after my vaccine kicks in, I will try to get to a Dodgers' game, and Angels' game, and perhaps a Padres' game.
    I wrote off most of the extreme Covid Vaccine side effects as anti vaxer nonsense until I read this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    There's always tomorrow
    Yes there was always tomorrow. and it was a Hell of a game with lots of Cards players acting crazy and bitching for no reason. I mean Casty offered the ball back. That was so nice of him!

I am hoping to win the rubber game today but our pitcher makes me nervous. Hoffman would not be starting if Grey was healthy. I am sure My Redlegs will be down bigtime by the end of the 2nd. But I have a small amount of hope.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wrote off most of the extreme Covid Vaccine side effects as anti vaxer nonsense until I read this.
    Oh come on, it's a nice stadium, it's a nice day trip for me, a bit far, but not too far, and hey, with the right opponent, and perhaps some swag, it could be fun.

An interesting side note that probably has been brought up before....but in any event, a business that has actually prospered under COVID is....baseball cards! Evidently they were in a big decline and then COVID came along and revived interest in them, hopefully saving that industry. Silver linings and ill winds, I suppose.
    Last edited by achilles; 04-04-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Phillies completed a season opening sweep against Atlanta with a 2-1 win this afternoon. In three games, Aaron Nola, Zach Wheeler and Zach Eflin held the Braves potent offense to just three runs while the bullpen, a terrible weakness from last season allowed none. Not bad, not bad at all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yankees lost 2 out of 3 to Toronto. And starting pitching has not been good. Mets don't start until tomorrow due to COVID.
    So what do people think of extra innings with a man on 2nd. Take some getting used to.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yankees lost 2 out of 3 to Toronto. And starting pitching has not been good. Mets don't start until tomorrow due to COVID.
    So what do people think of extra innings with a man on 2nd. Take some getting used to.
    I'm fine with the gimmick as long as it helps to speed up the game. I just wish the NL kept the DH, despite what Zach Wheeler of the Phillies (2 for 3) did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm fine with the gimmick as long as it helps to speed up the game. I just wish the NL kept the DH, despite what Zach Wheeler of the Phillies (2 for 3) did yesterday.
    I'd be fine with a compromise rule in both leagues where teams can choose to use a DH or have the starting pitcher hit when they turn in starting line-ups, but whatever they choose applies the whole game. SO the Angels can have Ohtani hit instead of using a DH on the day he starts (or the Phils, Wheeler), but if he comes out for a relief pitcher, that pitcher has to hit or have a pinch hitter take the AB, the team doesn't get to inset a DH when the pitcher comes out. But they can choose to start the game with a DH and have the pitcher not hit. I think most teams would choose the DH, but it would allow teams with two way players or good hitting pitchers to have the choose to have those players hit. But compromise seems a dirty word with both the MLBPA and the owners if the pas couple of seasons wrangling over COVID protocols/scheduling/money issues and all the lead up to the upcoming CBA talks are any indication. They'd both rather win against the other than serve the game or the fan's interests by finding a middle ground.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The Red Sox stunk up the joint today against the Orioles. They were down 10-0 after the Orioles third inning. Sox starter Garrett Richards and reliever Josh Taylor were so bad to start the game I don't know how they will look themselves in the mirror. They were AWFUL.

It is going to be another year where by midseason, the team will be selling off any assets as they quit on the season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

My Cubs so far for the three games they played against the Pirates:

Friday: Lost 5 to 3
    Saturday: Won 5 to 1
    Sunday: Won 4 to 3

Hoping they sweep the Brewers for their three games this week.

The Mets finally get to play baseball tonight when they come to Philly after a lost weekend due to positive COVID tests in Washington's clubhouse. While my Phillies are off to a 3-0 start, mainly on the backs of surprisingly solid pitching, things figure to come to a crashing halt this evening as they'll face Jacob deGrom.

Extraordinary Member

Hate it. I like my baseball where you have to hit or walk to get on base in extra innings. I like my DH's American League as a general rule, with the old exceptions. I like my umps to be living beings rather than robots. I hate the replay as a tool to overturn calls rather than simply to supply fans with a second look. I like pitcher to have to actually throw four balls for an intentional walk...with all the possibilities for fun inherent in that.

I hate that I can't watch the Angels because they're blacked out here due to their TV deals....Otahni now has both the fastest pitch so far recorded in this season, 100.6 mph, and a 450 foot plus HR in the same inning. That HR had the highest exit velocity of any so far this season at 115.2 mph. And I missed it.

Extraordinary Member

My Phillies completed a season opening sweep against Atlanta with a 2-1 win this afternoon. In three games, Aaron Nola, Zach Wheeler and Zach Eflin held the Braves potent offense to just three runs while the bullpen, a terrible weakness from last season allowed none. Not bad, not bad at all.
    It's of course too early to tell, but I have a hunch your Phillies might challenge for the divisional title this year. Let's see if I'm right when it's all said and done...

It's of course too early to tell, but I have a hunch your Phillies might challenge for the divisional title this year. Let's see if I'm right when it's all said and done...
    Talking heads and other baseball experts are saying that NL East could be the strongest division in baseball this season with the Braves, Mets, Marlins and my Phillies figuring to all contend.

Extraordinary Member

Talking heads and other baseball experts are saying that NL East could be the strongest division in baseball this season with the Braves, Mets, Marlins and my Phillies figuring to all contend.
    I figure all of those except the Marlins can contend in the East. Whether they will or not...

I figure all of those except the Marlins can contend in the East. Whether they will or not...
    The Marlins are the youngest team in the bunch, so their lack of experience in the crucible of a playoff run could affect them. As for the Nats, they gotta convince me their hiccup last season was just that and not the start of a downturn into mediocrity.