Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1123

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Saw a report that PETA wanted MLB to stop using the term bullpen...
    Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! PETA is actually a comedy act?

Of course, MLB probably will.

Ultimate Member

I remember some years ago PETA wanting the Packers to change their name to the Pickers because it's meat packers, and that's wrong to PETA...sooner or later you won't be able to name any team after any animal, person, or group of people...

In off day news, looks like the Padres have hired Bob Melvin away form Oakland to be their new manager. Oakland gave permission for Melvin to interview after signing him to an extension for next season, but will receive no compensation for San Diego hiring him.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile, I see that some people are using the Series to again try and bludgeon Atlanta into dumping their name and axing the Chop. I suppose some people are just never happy and want to make everyone else miserable as well. Interestingly, those people don't seem to include the local area Native American communities, to whom the Braves have repeatedly reached out to and consulted, evidently unlike the Indians, (I am NOT calling them the "Guardians" unless I particularly want to mock them).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Meanwhile, I see that some people are using the Series to again try and bludgeon Atlanta into dumping their name and axing the Chop. I suppose some people are just never happy and want to make everyone else miserable as well. Interestingly, those people don't seem to include the local area Native American communities, to whom the Braves have repeatedly reached out to and consulted, evidently unlike the Indians, (I am NOT calling them the "Guardians" unless I particularly want to mock them).
    There is nothing wrong with Cleveland changing its name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Cleveland changing its name.
    There is when they change it to "The Cleveland Guardians", complete with a logo derived from some statue that looks like it was a reject from the Tim Burton Batman movie. Eminently mockable.

Astonishing Member

There is when they change it to "The Cleveland Guardians", complete with a logo derived from some statue that looks like it was a reject from the Tim Burton Batman movie. Eminently mockable.

Whatever. I guess if your into that sort of thing.

Mighty Member

Really? Changed their name because of the cartoon logo? Ridiculous. The Indians have a lot of history. Aside from the World Series appearances, Major League is a comedy classic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Really? Changed their name because of the cartoon logo? Ridiculous. The Indians have a lot of history. Aside from the World Series appearances, Major League is a comedy classic.
    That is true, and it's also one of the best sports movies ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Saw a report that PETA wanted MLB to stop using the term bullpen...
    LOL you hear what PETA wants MLB to change the name to?

The arm barn.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ultimate Member

Surprised it was that as it still has the word barn in it and they could get all worked up over that...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    LOL you hear what PETA wants MLB to change the name to?

The arm barn.
    To be honest, I kinda like it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Damn, Anderson is bouncing the ball to the plate. He's NOT sharp.

Astonishing Member

Braves continue to surprise. Braves pitching was almost perfect. They are up 2-1 in the series.

Braves pitching completely dominated, half way there

Interesting to note that Ratings for this WS are over 10% higher than last year