Page 71 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1123

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Braves continue to surprise. Braves pitching was almost perfect. They are up 2-1 in the series.
    Awesome. But next game is a bullpen game for the Braves.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Awesome. But next game is a bullpen game for the Braves.
    And I heard the Astros will counter with Zach Greinke. Houston will be in cornered animal mode tonight, another loss means a 3-1 hole they might not be able to overcome.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And I heard the Astros will counter with Zach Greinke. Houston will be in cornered animal mode tonight, another loss means a 3-1 hole they might not be able to overcome.
    Yeah, the Astros will probably win tonight. Atlanta's got to do a better job of run support.

Braves comeback AGAIN and win a bullpen game AGAIN and if they win AGAIN they'll have won a World Series AGAIN

After the way Kyle Wright has pitched this world series I am so flipping glad the Braves have kept him and not traded him like Wilson

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Braves comeback AGAIN and win a bullpen game AGAIN and if they win AGAIN they'll have won a World Series AGAIN

After the way Kyle Wright has pitched this world series I am so flipping glad the Braves have kept him and not traded him like Wilson
    Amazing! The Braves might be this years Nationals...

But in the offseason, no matter if they win today or not, they need to resign Rosario...that guy's been leaving it all on the field in the postseason.

If the Braves clinch tonight, the MVP should be GM Alex Anthopoulos who brought in Adam Duvall, Joc Pederson, Eddie Rosario and Jorge Soler, all of whom contributed BIG time to Atlanta's incredible postseason run.

Extraordinary Member

If the Braves clinch tonight, the MVP should be GM Alex Anthopoulos who brought in Adam Duvall, Joc Pederson, Eddie Rosario and Jorge Soler, all of whom contributed BIG time to Atlanta's incredible postseason run.
    That's actually a pretty fair point. No one on the Braves player's roster stands out particularly as the Series MVP...but HE obviously does. Too bad he can't get it, which leads to the question as to who so far is the MVP? If it's the Braves, who, and if it's the Cheatros, who, (apart from their new trash can bangers)?

That's actually a pretty fair point. No one on the Braves player's roster stands out particularly as the Series MVP...but HE obviously does. Too bad he can't get it, which leads to the question as to who so far is the MVP? If it's the Braves, who, and if it's the Cheatros, who, (apart from their new trash can bangers)?
    The Braves have been the classic example of a team being greater than the sum of its parts. No one for Atlanta has really stood out, not the starters or relievers, as for position players, maybe Eddie Rosario who's hitting .313 after last night, perhaps Freddie Freeman as a sentimental favorite, your guess is as good as mine.

Adam Duvall stakes the Braves to a 4-0 first inning lead with a grand slam. I know it’s early, but Jeez, Atlanta is setting the tone early that they’re going to do all they can to wrap this up tonight.

Extraordinary Member

And children, on one Halloween night, things got really scary in the first inning for the Cheatros, when a monster called Adam Duvall stepped to the plate with bases loaded and two outs. You can guess what happened. Well, the score is 4-0 Braves.

Extraordinary Member

Adam Duvall stakes the Braves to a 4-0 first inning lead with a grand slam. I know it’s early, but Jeez, Atlanta is setting the tone early that they’re going to do all they can to wrap this up tonight.
    Heh, beat me by just a bit! Funny thing is, when he came to the plate, I was thinking he'd do it.

Extraordinary Member

And now, the loss of Morton in a game he would have started, is felt by the Braves. Davidson is faltering badly as you might expect, given this is like his 4th or so game ever in MLB. 4-2 now, with two outs and a man on third. Inning's over, still 4-2.

And now, the loss of Morton in a game he would have started, is felt by the Braves. Davidson is faltering badly as you might expect, given this is like his 4th or so game ever in MLB. 4-2 now, with two outs and a man on third. Inning's over, still 4-2.
    I don’t have to be Nostradamus to know Davidson won’t be back on the mound in the third.

Extraordinary Member

Braves' pitching has completely collapsed. One run game now. But 1 out with second and third, so it will at least be tied, probably more. Looks like a tie now, and the Braves will lose tonight.

Astonishing Member

Tie game. I knew the bats would come alive tonight. The last two nights have just been miserable for hitting in general.