Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1123

Thread: MLB 2021 Season

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Braves' pitching has completely collapsed. One run game now. But 1 out with second and third, so it will at least be tied, probably more. Looks like a tie now, and the Braves will lose tonight.
    The perils of a bullpen game if the arms aren’t on target, as was the case tonight. Still, Atlanta had no choice but to go that routine as I’m guessing the Braves are saving Max Fried for game six should Houston stave off elimination.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Freeman hits a monster solo HR.

BOOM goes the dynamite, courtesy of Freddie Freeman who breaks the tie with a solo shot into the stratosphere.

Astonishing Member

One thing I like about the braves park is the dimensions seem fair. I hate some of these parks with little league dimensions. They said that ball hit by Altuve to left yesterday where Rosairio made that nice catch would have been a homer in 26 mlb parks. Thats just stupid.

Extraordinary Member

Bad move by Snitker. Giving that intentional pass and then walking in the tying run? Houston likely wins, 7-5 as of now, I expect it will get worse, then the Astros will win the game, then the Series.

Mighty Member

*sigh*...I've accepted defeat tonight. Hopefully the Braves take this on the chin and come back strong Game 6. It hurts giving up a 4 run lead. If Fried can't close the deal on Tuesday, I predict Houston will win. Hope I'm wrong though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    *sigh*...I've accepted defeat tonight. Hopefully the Braves take this on the chin and come back strong Game 6. It hurts giving up a 4 run lead. If Fried can't close the deal on Tuesday, I predict Houston will win. Hope I'm wrong though

Its tough. But baseball is a tough game. It was never going to be easy to keep these Houston bats quiet for 3 games straight. These things have a way of leveling out. But you are still up 3-2 and its never easy for anyone to win three games straight in a series like this.

RIP to former Red Sox player and broadcaster Jerry Remy. He had been battling cancer the past few years. He was 68.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Hopefully Fried will have a great game tomorrow. Hopefully Freeman and the rest will go crazy hitting home runs. Hopefully they will stop with the errors.

Mighty Member

Hopefully Fried will have a great game tomorrow. Hopefully Freeman and the rest will go crazy hitting home runs. Hopefully they will stop with the errors.
    Yeah Snitker in his postgame comments seemed confident. I think that's a good sign. This Braves team has really been resilient this season playing through all of the injuries.

It was a given that Houston’s bats would wake up in time to save their season, but, let’s give some props to their pitchers who held Atlanta to just one run after that first inning outburst. Can they do that again? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow night.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It was a given that Houston’s bats would wake up in time to save their season, but, let’s give some props to their pitchers who held Atlanta to just one run after that first inning outburst. Can they do that again? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow night.
    I give full credit to the Astros; they're a very good team. Maybe a great one; it's hard to know without knowing if they're still cheating, (the White Sox, or at least one of their pitchers, think so). That's the worst of what they did, not only in the other teams the hurt, but their own reputation going forward.

I give full credit to the Astros; they're a very good team. Maybe a great one; it's hard to know without knowing if they're still cheating, (the White Sox, or at least one of their pitchers, think so). That's the worst of what they did, not only in the other teams the hurt, but their own reputation going forward.
    While the Astros and their shenanigans aren’t on par with the infamous Black Sox, the mess with Houston will cling to them like stink on **** for all time.

Ultimate Member

I wonder now how long it'll be before people stop calling Cleveland the Indians and starting using the Guardians name...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder now how long it'll be before people stop calling Cleveland the Indians and starting using the Guardians name...
    Well, they're removing the Indians logo from the park...which seems just a bit premature since they haven't yet got the actual Cleveland Guardians on board with it...

My guess is that's just a bit away...