Default Knight(s) and Squire(s) Appreciation Thread! (Percy, Cyril, Beryl, and . . . )

First appearance of Percival ("Percy") Sheldrake, Earl of Wordenshire, and his son Cyril as England's "Knight and Squire": Batman #62, cover-dated December 1950-January 1951 (but on-sale in October of 1950)

To be continued

They then returned four years later in Detective Comics #215 (cover-dated January 1955) as part of a group first referred to as "The Batmen of All Nations".

To be continued

Incredible Member

My Personal Favourite members of the Batman of all Nations.

Hope we get to see more of Beryl, since she's taken over the mantle as Knight following Cyril's death. And hopefully we get a new Squire as well.

When was the last time they showed up?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    When was the last time they showed up?
    Last I think was the end of Morrison's Batman run (though I'm trying to remember if there was an appearance in "Batman Eternal")

Did Beryl show up in Doomsday Clock?

ComicVine seemed to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . They then returned four years later in Detective Comics #215 (cover-dated January 1955) as part of a group first referred to as "The Batmen of All Nations".
    The next appearance of Percy and Cyril was in World's Finest Comics #89 (July-August 1957) as part of what would be referred to as "The Club of Heroes".

But after that, it would be almost 30 years before Percy and Cyril appeared again in a new story . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . it would be almost 30 years before Percy and Cyril appeared again in a new story . . .
    The next time Percy and Cyril were used in a new story, as far as I'm aware of, was when Roy Thomas re-invented the Club of Heroes members in the post-CoIE era as having been inspired by the Justice Society of America instead of Batman.
    That story appeared in Infinity Inc. #34 (cover-dated January 1987).

While The Ranger wasn't included in that version, Wingman was now retroactively added to the group.