View Poll Results: Favorite 'original' Batsuit?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll

7 14.29%
  • Year One

19 38.78%
  • Zero Year

3 6.12%
  • Batman (1989 film)

3 6.12%
  • Batman Begins

1 2.04%
  • BTAS

2 4.08%
  • Secret Origins (Golden Age)

2 4.08%
  • The Batman (2004 animated)

1 2.04%
  • The Batman (2022 film)

0 0%
  • New Look/Untold Legends of Batman

7 14.29%
  • Other

4 8.16%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired

I always worry about Batman's junk when he's not wearing the trunks. I guess he has some athletic support under the suit, but with the trunks I can see that he does and I don't have to worry so much. One wrong move and ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Disagree about the trunks.

For some reason, the coloring of the Bat-suit really needs those darker colored trunks for contrast. Otherwise, Batman looks like he is wearing a pair of long-johns / tights or something other than a threatening-looking costume. (When they've gone with a darker, almost black color on the bodysuit, the trunks aren't needed. But to me, the lighter grayish/blueish tone to the costume doesn't work without the dark trunks.)
    Yeah, disagree. Really doesn't need those trunks for contrast, and there's been trunkless takes now that I personally feel prove it - although I'm sure others disagree. If a suit "needs" the trunks, then you need to re-work that suit. The trunks are dated, have been for most of the character's history.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always worry about Batman's junk when he's not wearing the trunks. I guess he has some athletic support under the suit, but with the trunks I can see that he does and I don't have to worry so much. One wrong move and ouch!
    The modern trunkless gray suit has layers of padding and future tech protection within it, not like the old costumes where it's just a single fabric, so it has support.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Secret Origins # 6 - Golden Age Retelling Suit

A neat 80's modernization of the classic Golden Age/early Silver Age suit.

Most of the suits are pretty good, except the bat-nipple one - that one weirds me out.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I went with the Batman Begins suit, since I prefer the costume without the trunks and blue coloring (though I grew up with Bronze Age outfit and still like it).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I love the Michael Keaton inspired Bat-costume. Bruce had a costume in that tradition after he returned while Dick Grayson was subbing for him.

And of course, I grew up on the blue and gray costume with the yellow oval symbol which is my primary Batman. I'd love to see the yellow oval return at some point.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I miss the yellow oval. ramener l'ovale jaune!!

I'm not talking about the best Batsuit in general here, but what's your preference for the suit that Batman should be wearing when he first starts out and/or early in his career (which may overlap with the 'best' suit too!) . . .
    With 36 votes so far,

* "Year One" = 14 votes

* "New Look/Untold Legends of Batman" = 6 votes

* "1939" = 5 votes

All other options currently have less than five votes each.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I change my mind. Previously I said that since I like everything canon, I want 1939 to be the first Batman suit, but if everything's canon, then 1939 is not the first suit, since The Case of Chemical Syndicate happened after he became Batman the first time, after Gordon became Commissioner but before he starts working with GCPD

So I want Year One to be the first suit, followed by Zero Year during The Mystery of Red Hood, and then 1939 once Gordon becomes Commissioner or Dr. Death made his debut, whichever earlier in this amalgam canon

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I change my mind. Previously I said that since I like everything canon, I want 1939 to be the first Batman suit, but if everything's canon, then 1939 is not the first suit, since The Case of Chemical Syndicate happened after he became Batman the first time, after Gordon became Commissioner but before he starts working with GCPD

So I want Year One to be the first suit, followed by Zero Year during The Mystery of Red Hood, and then 1939 once Gordon becomes Commissioner or Dr. Death made his debut, whichever earlier in this amalgam canon
    "Year One" was the creation of Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli, neither of who were even born in 1939.

So why not just stick with the TRUE "original" outfit?

With 43 votes so far,
    * "Year One" = 16 votes
    * "1939" = 7 votes
    * "New Look/Untold Legends of Batman" = 6 votes

All other options currently have less than five votes each.
    But "Zero Year", "Batman (1989 film)", and "Other" have three votes each at present.

New Look Untold Legends of Batman Suit

It may just be a continuity error, but I thought for the sake of completion I should include this classic Neal Adams suit, since it was shown to be Batman's first/early costume in the mini.

First year, second year, 53rd year... this is my favorite look for Batman PERIOD.

NOTE: Thread was first started in February 2021.
    ----------------------------------------
    I'm not talking about the best Batsuit in general here, but what's your preference for the suit that Batman should be wearing when he first starts out and/or early in his career (which may overlap with the 'best' suit too!)

Here are some of the suits Batman has canonically worn while starting out, across various continuities and media:

EDIT: I forgot the Earth One OGN in the poll and can't edit it! Do select the Other option and comment if you want to pick that one...

With 44 votes so far,
    * "Year One" = 16 votes
    * "1939" = 7 votes
    * "New Look/Untold Legends of Batman" = 7 votes (+1)
    * "Zero Year" = 3 votes
    * "Batman (1989 film)" = 3 votes
    * "Other" = 3 votes
    * "Secret Origins (Golden Age)" = 2 votes

All other options currently have less than two votes each.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's not on the list but my favorite is the Batman: The Imposter suit. It's armored but not overly bulky. It looks very makeshift and first starting out.
    Assassinate Putin!