Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post

I love Vita's writing so far in the x-line but this take about the new mutants is disappointing.
    I say we continue to judge them on that then. For all we know this “not quite X-Men” thing could be the official stance of the X-office right now that they’re not allowed to contradict. If they continue to tell great stories and write these characters well, then I don’t see the problem.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So how old would you say Paige, Jono and Monet are right now?
    As I suggested in my previous post...20, 21, 22....in that range. It's all really migraine inducing if you think too hard and too long on the specifics of it. And try to make it make sense. It doesn't. And it never will. Which is why I don't.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And this is why I just ignore all that "actual ages" nonsense and go with the generalisations:

O5 and ANAD - mid-late twenties...Kate, the youngest.
    NM and GenX - young adults - (19-early twenties) ...Karma, the eldest
    NNM - mid- late teen
    Krakoan NM - early teens and younger.
    Pryde is barely 21 by my count, and about the same age as the Gen Xers(Jono is older than her). Karma is older than Piotr. So really it's more a matter of 'when did you get recruited' as opposed to huge generation gaps.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Pryde is barely 21 by my count, and about the same age as the Gen Xers(Jono is older than her). Karma is older than Piotr. So really it's more a matter of 'when did you get recruited' as opposed to huge generation gaps.
    Karma has more life experience and sad stories than some of the other X-Men members.

Yes, it's a matter of when Prof X recruited them.

Kitty Pryde would have been in New Mutants if she was introduced later.

Kitty was introduced in Jan 1980 but joined the team only in Nov 1980 - Uncanny X-Men 139.

Karma was introduced in Dec 1980 but joined the team only in Nov 1982 - New Mutants graphic novel
    Last edited by ericng; 02-24-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I'm not pleased with what Ayala is doing. She shouldn't mix the newer mutants with the original New Mutants in the same book.

The original New Mutants should really be in their own book and act like what other X-teams are doing, not baby-sitting for a bunch of newbies.

First, Brisson treats the New Mutants like they are incompetent newbies, now Ayala is treating them like baby-sitters.

What we want is character development of some New Mutants. Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men-New Mutants team-up issues were in the right direction except that the focus should be on the New Mutants.
    I totally agree. There’s a generation gap and the original NM need to be more than glorified baby sitters. I hope Vita changes her direction on this as time passes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    You know what the quickest way to establish their own identity and for people to stop seeing them as the junior varsity league? Get them out of those tired old yellow uniforms. No self-respecting X-Men wears those.

Though I don't know how they are gonna accomplish... NOT being X-Men if they live on Krakoa. I suppose working as teachers sort of counts but I'm not sure a book with no action is gonna sell.
    It took Kitty YEARS to get out of that stupid costume, even after she had some decent ones before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But that can’t line up for when Warren was boinking Paige.
    The issue where they first boinked, they specifically said she was 19.