Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Eh!Jon had no fight in him this episode.That was anti-climatic and there was no bullying back the bully.Do some prank or something..anything,really to get them off his back.just give it back.So felt boring.There was no cockyness is jon.Honestly,i wanted the guy to take kick with a smile.The only thing i liked was him telling jordan off when they fought.

Also believe,these guys are going for "their powers being active when they are together" troupe.Jon and jordan don't have powers alone.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-02-2021 at 11:06 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I did sort of call this one, these shows do love their evil doppelgangers. He's still wearing that Elseworlds suit, so unless he's Deegan, guessing they're saving him as the villain for season 2. Anyway I thought this was a good episode. I like that this one focused a bit more on Lois and Jonathan, while the pilot was on Clark and Jordan. But we still had plenty of Superman action.
    One thing giving me pause is how much this Clark seems like an even bigger pathological liar than he usually is. I mean thats part of his character always has been. But this Clark doesn't like to tell anyone about anything. Why is the name "Kal-El" a secret? And telling Sam that he came clean to the boys when they actually caught him? How long has he known Lana? Makes me wonder if he really told Lois the truth like he said last episode, bet she really figured it out first, lol.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-03-2021 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I did sort of call this one, these shows do love their evil doppelgangers. He's still wearing that Elseworlds suit, so unless he's Deegan, guessing they're saving Injustice Superman for season 2. It was his motivation in the game to steal good guy Superman's Lois, something to keep in mind. Anyway I thought this was a good episode. I like that this one focused a bit more on Lois and Jonathan, while the pilot was on Clark and Jordan. But we still had plenty of Superman action.
    One thing giving me pause is how much this Clark seems like an even bigger pathological liar than he usually is. I mean thats part of his character always has been. But this Clark doesn't like to tell anyone about anything. Why is the name "Kal-El" a secret? And telling Sam that he came clean to the boys when they actually caught him? How long has he known Lana? Makes me wonder if he really told Lois the truth like he said last episode, bet she really figured it out first, lol.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. This Clark seems to keep a lot of stuff close to the chest. The Kal-El name not being public like you said, although him being from Krypton and all seems to be common knowledge with how Jon immediately knew he was Superman after he mentioned Krypton. With the secret being exposed, maybe Clark didn't feel like getting reprimanded by Sam even further for the whole ship debacle. Though keeping Lana in the dark is a weird choice, since usually she's the first person outside of his parents to know, and that's what makes them grow closer romantically and then to close lifelong friends.

I enjoyed the episode, definitely consistent in quality with last week. Loved that we were able to delve more into Lois and what she'll be doing with Morgan Edge. Lois leaving the Daily Planet wasn't unexpected, but I didn't count on them doing it so soon that's all. Which means we likely won't be getting too much Metropolis in the immediate future, especially with Clark being globally focused. Kind of a shame, hope as the show progresses we can sort of strike a balance sort of like Smallville did in it's later seasons.

Seeing more into Captain Luthor's head and world was interesting, I do like those stories where the villain sees himself as a hero, and in this case he isn't even inherently bad just doing what he believes to be right, even going overboard.

Seeing the fortress, I was a bit underwhelmed honestly. it didn't look like that sort of traditional fortress we got in Supergirl and seemed like a downgrade being more cave based so to say.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I also want more baddies than alt-Earth Luthor and yet another evil Superman (even if it's meant to refute that idea). I want new Superman rogues.
    Same here, I'm hoping for revamped rogues from Supergirl (like Metallo, Parasite, Livewire, Hellgrammite, Master Jailer, Manchester Black and Toyman) to make an appearance and also introducing other lovable rogues like the Prankster, Bloodsport, Ultra-Humanite, Conduit, Kryptonite Man, etc.
    Last edited by Multiverse; 03-03-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ratings for the 2nd ep: 1.250M viewers -28.37% from the previous ep.

Source: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/s...n-one-ratings/

Updated Pilot ratings (Live+DVR): 2.71M viewers (1.75M from the same day numbers).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the one hand, eugh evil Superman - on the other, this Superman will be proven to not go evil despite Captain Luthor's fears.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    New theory: It's an Injustice situation. His world's Superman's family was killed and he went all dictator.
    Oh joy, season 1 is going to be another superman turns evil without his tether to humanity stories, that hasn't been done in the past five minutes.

Mighty Member

I don't know it's a culture thing or what...but Jordan yelling at his parents so much is so odd to me... I suppose when I was a moody teenager I would just say snide remarks under my breath.

I liked that this episode focused more on Lois and Jon. It's funny how people were so quick to say Lois didn't have as much to do then we get an episode where she's more of the focus.

Incredible Member

The CW seems to be making Jordan's yelling a lot more prominent in their advertisements than it actually is in the show. The big "Everything you do is wrong" from the promo wasn't even in this episode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I don't know it's a culture thing or what...but Jordan yelling at his parents so much is so odd to me... I suppose when I was a moody teenager I would just say snide remarks under my breath.

I liked that this episode focused more on Lois and Jon. It's funny how people were so quick to say Lois didn't have as much to do then we get an episode where she's more of the focus.
    There is nothing funny about it. Last night was a great example of the exact thing a lot of us called here for Lois. She got :lot:: focus and moments of being “badass” but we still don’t get a ton of depth in her interior life, feelings, pain etc and that’s a problem. That’s the part that people have been concerned about and nothing that transpired last night changed that concern.

Clark has more emotional convos with their children while she does the requisite “everyone get dressed” thing. Clark has the deep convos with Sam Lane but Lois’s relationship to her own father remains underserved. She quits the DP in the end and Lois and Clark have that sweet scene (that I did like) on the porch but we still don’t get Lois actually getting to express to her own husband how hard it’s been to move here.

All of the concerns about unequal writing for Lois still remain. What she got last night is great but there has to be more to her than just “great journalist” as that does not a lead character make. Again only time will tell if they address the complaints.

That said, I did really like the episode.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 03-03-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The CW seems to be making Jordan's yelling a lot more prominent in their advertisements than it actually is in the show. The big "Everything you do is wrong" from the promo wasn't even in this episode.
    Well that's because the promo we got for this episode spliced in more than 1 episode. Like the bridge collapsing, that was nowhere to be found. My guess is that Jordan moment will be in the next one.

Amazing Member

Jordan suffers from anxiety disorder and he's on medication anxiety disorder .. . I like that Clark has patience for his son ..

Ok I feel like Jordan was created just to be annoying/CW Teen Drama & since he's new and this show is pretty much it for him as I don't see Jon suddenly having a twin in the comics, I feel this is a misstep while their is room for major character development they need to get to it cause as he is now I find him about as draining as I do Riverdale.

It ain't a culture thing frankly I hate the normalizing of teens screaming at their parents in my African American household that **** would get you popped, & kicked out *shrugs* "act grown be grown"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It ain't a culture thing frankly I hate the normalizing of teens screaming at their parents in my African American household that **** would get you popped, & kicked out *shrugs* "act grown be grown"
    I don't know if this is "normalizing" it though - the kid does have an anxiety disorder strong enough to require medication. I'm guessing he just can't hold his emotions in like a normal teen is capable of, and his parents know it. Family dynamics always have to adapt when mental or emotional disorders are thrown in the mix.