Page 85 of 127 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1897
    BANNED

1: it is logical that people worry about what might happen, that's why anti superman weapons.
    2: It is also logical that Superman gets angry because there are weapons that can kill him and his family in a slow and painful way.
    3: the greatest villains are humans, it is easier to manipulate / control humans, that means that superman and ww would have to have plans to kill their friends and families.

that superman has to be the good boy, smile when they try to kill him and his family, all to gain the trust of the earth, while the earth can do whatever he wants, because superman has blind trust in the earth, it's ridiculous , the earth also has to earn that trust, and if they fail there have to be consequences.
    Last edited by NaVi; 06-12-2021 at 03:47 AM.

BANNED

I have criticized the treatment that superman receives, but I have said that it is a very good series, everyone who has seen it says that it is very good, so I do not understand why warner / dc does not advertise it everywhere, why it does not receive the hype that marvel series receive, someone knows if there is a reason (contract or something) or just warner / dc show once again their instinct for the business.

I mean, he made it clear he didn't really trust Sam any more, he just wasn't going to get overly emotional about it because it wouldn't accomplish anything.

We saw what happened when he got shot with Kryptonite bullets.

Yeah he was ready to **** those guys up if they didn’t back down. If anything he’s been pretty patient with Sam in part because Sam is family.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I only realize now how obvious it was in hindsight how John Henry wasn't actually Luthor because, on his Earth, the same actors were still playing their AU counterparts so by that logic why would Luthor look completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only realize now how obvious it was in hindsight how John Henry wasn't actually Luthor because, on his Earth, the same actors were still playing their AU counterparts so by that logic why would Luthor look completely different?
    Also Clark and Lois never refer to John as Luthor or recognize him. We learn about "Captain Luthor" from the ship's AI so its nice bit of misdirection from the show.

I just saw Superman and Lois as a reboot seperate from the other shows. So just having John be this show's take on Luthor was an easier sell to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-14-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Looks like a Perry White cameo is coming:

https://twitter.com/pagmyst/status/1...802576899?s=21
    Paul Jarrett will play Perry White in 'Superman & Lois'.

We are set to see him in Episode 11 of this season, "A Brief Reminiscence In-Between Cataclysmic Events".

Episode 11 appears to be a flashback heavy episode.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like a Perry White cameo is coming:

https://twitter.com/pagmyst/status/1...802576899?s=21
    I thought it was weird they didn't mention or show him at all in the first episode which is why I assumed that guy introducing Clark to Lois was Perry.

Considering it's going to be flashback heavy, I wonder if he passed away since then?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was weird they didn't mention or show him at all in the first episode which is why I assumed that guy introducing Clark to Lois was Perry.

Considering it's going to be flashback heavy, I wonder if he passed away since then?
    I’m assuming he’s dead or retired which is how the Daily Planet fell apart in the first place. I wonder just how far back these flashbacks will take place? Pre-kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m assuming he’s dead or retired which is how the Daily Planet fell apart in the first place. I wonder just how far back these flashbacks will take place? Pre-kids?
    I think they're probably going to be flashbacks spread out throughout the history of their relationship.

I know they said the Supergirl suit wasn't going to show up but it would've been a nice chance to show the transition from the Fleischer suit to the Supergirl suit to the modern suit as part of the time progression.

Spectacular Member

The Supergirl suit with clip on capes lol? Highly forgettable suit, bury it lol.

BANNED

“We pretend supergirl doesn’t exist in this house”

The kent family...obviously

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post

SNIP!

that superman has to be the good boy, smile when they try to kill him and his family, all to gain the trust of the earth, while the earth can do whatever he wants, because superman has blind trust in the earth, it's ridiculous , the earth also has to earn that trust, and if they fail there have to be consequences.
    Nope. It's Superman who has to be "the better man" in this bargain, due to what he represents: a strange being from another planet with fantastic powers, and who is capable of destroying the planet BY HIMSELF. And, again, WE as the audience know better, but the world that the series is set in doesn't know what WE know. Its unfair, but it is, what it is.

Incredible Member

Can we officially add "Kryptonians try to replace Earth with Krypton" to the "The only Superman stories WB knows are his origin, his death and his turn to evil" meme?

Anyway, liked the episode. Once again felt it did a good job giving everyone focus. I liked that there's never any question whether Clark will join his brother but he still wonders if he might have in another life, I liked Jon deciding he's tired of the bullshit and going with blunt honesty and confronting everyone he's pissed off with at every point, I liked Lois punching Kyle with a piece of Kryptonite and not even realizing how extraordinary her life is until Lana points it out, I liked Clark nervously walking up to Lana in full Superman outfit (it just clicked as something utterly mundane Superman would do, just walk to talk to someone), I liked the moment where every Kryptonian gets activated and there's just the horror of how many there actually are, I especially liked Jor-El going "there was no need for you to know about your family" (somehow "******* Jor-El" has ended up a semi-consistent character trait).

I loved all the focus on Lara. She's the most sidelined of Clark's parents across all media and for her to turn out to be the "important" Kryptonian parent instead of Jor-El is refreshing. I loved that they explained that Clark doesn't have an AI of her like he does Jor-El, and why that is, and the sense of loss and closure that gives him when he finally meets her (and the potential for an scene between her and Tal-Roh later on). I liked the backstory given for her, her being similar to Byrne's Lara originally and then changing.

As far as things I dislike here, well, it sure was damn weird to see Clark's mother in the body of his ex-girlfriend. That's some messed up Oedipal subtext. The Supergirl erasure is once again troubling (could they just establish this is a different Earth so we can all be happy?). Sarah believing Jon's story immediately was absurd. Sam had a very good reason to not let Sarah see Kyle (namely, it's not Kyle but a psychopath using her father's body), but that wasn't ever acknowledged by anyone.

I think Kyle's still possessed, because we've had too much set-up with him (including him threatening Jon in this episode) to simply end it like this. The Kryptonite cell probably interefered with the process. For a bolder theory, I think Sarah may have gotten powers through this incident, similar to Lana's in Rebirth Superwoman.

https://www.thewrap.com/ratings-supe...rom-last-week/

Excited to see the episode after work!