Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of made him look more like Jordan.
    Which I think is the intention. Someone else commented on the irony of the son named after Clark’s Kryptonian father getting powers, and there’s additional irony with the son who looks the most like Clark, and has Clark’s powers, being the one Clark struggles to bond with.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    That’s absolute horse****.

Because, again, if Smallville could find a way to give her more POV in a guest star role 16 years ago when she debuted and this show couldn’t even take 60 seconds to be invested in her feelings in the pilot episode, it reflects a problem.

You are fighting a losing argument here because this is 2021 and we aren’t settling for scraps anymore. The critics are already calling this out so it’s either addressed immediately or it’s going to cause problems for this show. This is not rocket science. This is bare minimum representation.
    I'm not turning in for Lois, and if we are being honest neither is a majority of the people watching this show. Most people's thoughts on Lois Lane (If they think about her at all) is that Clark can do better. I'm sure they will get around to her.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which I think is the intention. Someone else commented on the irony of the son named after Clark’s Kryptonian father getting powers, and there’s additional irony with the son who looks the most like Clark, and has Clark’s powers, being the one Clark struggles to bond with.
    I've seen it pointed out the symmetry of having Clark's all-american blonde-ish son named after his Earth dad while his introverted, nerdy, son is named after his Kryptonian dad.

Now I'm suddenly imagining hologram Jor-El telling Jordan about the time he kissed Lara in an intimate moment only to get beat up along with Zor-El by her boyfriend Dru-Zod and his friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen it pointed out the symmetry of having Clark's all-american blonde-ish son named after his Earth dad while his introverted, nerdy, son is named after his Kryptonian dad.

Now I'm suddenly imagining hologram Jor-El telling Jordan about the time he kissed Lara in an intimate moment only to get beat up along with Zor-El by her boyfriend Dru-Zod and his friends...
    Or the bombshell that Zod is Clark's uncle!

...what? I want the Krypton show acknowledged....

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Superman is still the first name in the title, Lois is the "co" lead but not THE lead, there are other episodes for Lois to get her time it simply just wasn't needed for this one

Then call it Superman.

In traditional Superman stories, Lois is supporting cast. Sometimes she doesn't show up and that's okay like how Alfred's not in every Batman story.

But when she shares the title, bullshit. Don't be deliberately obtuse. I'd agree if this was a random episode in the season which will eventually have more Lead A/Lead B heavy episodes, but your pilot is the mission statement. The cover letter. The promise to viewers. More than any episode it should highlight both it's protagonists.

I won't get to watch it until tomorrow so I've been quiet, but come on.

Glad to hear all the love for this. I'm officially excited. Lots of respected posters coming out with support and I love to see it.

I'm still on a bit of a high from the Fleischer suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I'm not turning in for Lois, and if we are being honest neither is a majority of the people watching this show. Most people's thoughts on Lois Lane (If they think about her at all) is that Clark can do better. I'm sure they will get around to her.
    There it is. The dumbest thing I've read all day. Imagine having this bad a take.

And that's not most people's perceptions, just your own.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ularity-Census

This forum alone posited that she's the second most important and beloved character in the IP. But hey, why actually think about other people's opinions when you can just put your words in their mouths.
    Last edited by Robanker; 02-24-2021 at 11:42 PM.

I think you're confusing a very loud minority with "most people".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's probably because Jordan is the most like him at that age maybe. Clark is in a better place as an adult obviously but he had his fare share of struggles that he's overcome and now that he's a father, he's tripping over fathering someone that more an extreme version of himself growing up.

Let’s all take it down a notch before we end up at each other’s throats.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It's probably because Jordan is the most like him at that age maybe. Clark is in a better place as an adult obviously but he had his fare share of struggles that he's overcome and now that he's a father, he's tripping over fathering someone that more an extreme version of himself growing up.
    I am very much enjoying that this show is leaning into Clark’s struggles with fatherhood. Basically that he’s not very good at it, and initially prioritized being Superman over being a dad to his kids.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Superman is still the first name in the title, Lois is the "co" lead but not THE lead, there are other episodes for Lois to get her time it simply just wasn't needed for this one
    Dude, what are you on about?She's the titular character.Yet,doesn't feel like a protagonist which drives the story.She feels like other cast members like jojo brothers.The end.How does that makes sense?Do you read batman/superman for batman alone?Scratch that,don't answer that.I know many do.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Watched it. This Jon is more like how I thought a teen Jon would be, and was lightyears ahead of what we got with Bendis, in terms of personality.

Jordan... I don't know. Having only one of the sons get powers is a bit off to me (though for all I know, Jon could develop his later on). And just the personality trope for CW, eugh. I'll see where it goes, though.

Lois and Clark themselves, were fine. Though Clark going through, "wait, a dad is supposed to be in their lives more!" at this point, seems kind of off. Should have been done earlier, in all honesty. Though if they had, CW wouldn't be able to get teen angst. *sigh*

For the ending reveal; spoilers:
    So, I guess another Luthor survived Crisis on Infinite Earths. Honestly, that was my (distant) second choice. I was expecting it to be more Brainiac, with how calm, collected, and absolutely sure he was in his methods and the way he talked to Clark.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    There it is. The dumbest thing I've read all day. Imagine having this bad a take.

And that's not most people's perceptions, just your own.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ularity-Census

This forum alone posited that she's the second most important and beloved character in the IP. But hey, why actually think about other people's opinions when you can just put your words in their mouths.
    There it is. The dumbest thing I've read all day. Someone thinking that the opinions on a COMICS MESSAGE BOARD represent the typical NORMIE viewer. Imagine having this bad a take While places like CBR are nice we sometimes start to think that everyone is just like us, not so.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think you're confusing a very loud minority with "most people".
    Actually the minority is the comic fans, us. Joe Q Public really doesn't care all that much about Lois Lane. You can slot in another woman and no one would bat an eye.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Watched it. This Jon is more like how I thought a teen Jon would be, and was lightyears ahead of what we got with Bendis, in terms of personality.
    You can say that again.
    There it is. The dumbest thing I've read all day. Someone thinking that the opinions on a COMICS MESSAGE BOARD represent the typical NORMIE viewer. Imagine having this bad a take While places like CBR are nice we sometimes start to think that everyone is just like us, not so.
    Be that as a may.@Robbanker atleast provided a poll.You got zilch to prove that "Normie" viewer doesn't care for lois.All you have is your own "take".No evidence,no poll,no surveys and no nothing.You Can't even prove that "clark can do better" in the small sample size as this forum.So who is dumb one trying to prove "Most people's perception" without evidence.
    Having said that,your opinion of whether clark can do better is valid as any.It might be a dominant oppinion as well.I tend to believe the opposite,regarding who deserves whom.Why?cause of this.Clark is a wimp who can't even defend something he loves and hides behind a pair of glasses and from everyone in the society instead of facing them head on.Atleast i have a material to base my opinion.what do you have?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2021 at 02:22 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Actually the minority is the comic fans, us. Joe Q Public really doesn't care all that much about Lois Lane. You can slot in another woman and no one would bat an eye.
    This is so very much inaccurate, even with those that are indifferent towards Lois still have an idea of her importance to Superman without needing to be shippers because of the tv show adaptations over the years since the George Reeves show. Only those who actively dislike Lois tend to picture someone else in her role in relation to Superman

Why the heck do you think there was a show called "Lois & Clark"? She's not a disposable character. She has been there right from the beginning and her characterization has barely changed. She is the only character in his circles that anyone knows besides Superman himself. And what makes you say " Everyone thinks he can do better"? People that watched Lois & Clark or Smallville certainly wouldn't think so. I doubt people who watched the original Superman movies would think otherwise either.