Page 14 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Actually the minority is the comic fans, us. Joe Q Public really doesn't care all that much about Lois Lane. You can slot in another woman and no one would bat an eye.
    You know, years ago, this kind of misogyny towards Lois was pretty popular around here and you might have gotten away with being this blatantly sexist and disrespectful towards the literal first female character in comics history and the only other character to actually appear in Action 1 other than Superman himself. Women like myself would have told you that you were wrong but a lot of other guys would have let you get away with this.

But times they are a changing and there is just absolutely no room for this kind of blatant misogyny in this franchise. There never was. It’s never been ok. But in 2021, you just aren’t going to get away with it anymore as easily.

No one here needs to recount to you how wrong you are. If you are not educated or aware of what Lois specifically means to this franchise and why she has her own following, own fans and own legacy thats on you.

And if you genuinely think that Clark Kent would ever look at her and think 1) she was that replaceable 2) that he could "do better" by your no doubt shallow metrics than you dont understand the first thing about him and should probably find a new superhero to stan because this one isnt for you.

Lois Lane is definitely very important and iconic in the Superman mythos. She really works when written well, and it's the perfect complement to Superman as a romantic and working partner.

She's my third favorite Super character after Superman (he's my #1 by far) and Lex Luthor in second place.

This where I say that the proof is all around you. Most of the time Hollywood can't even be bothered to get the actual characterization of the heroes right and Joe Q Public doesn't care because he is looking for something to explode and some hero to save the day in thirty or ninety minutes.

What makes you think anyone really care about Lois?

As for the whole "Clark can do better"" thing? I didn't say that LOL. That is an actual quote from someone who is not a comics fan but has seen Superman movies. If that rocked your world maybe you should stay in your safe little bubble and never talk to people who aren't comic fans about comics because some of the things they say might....upset you.

Sorry I had to be the one to rip off that bandaid, but someone had to rip it off.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    You know, years ago,..
    Was there a time earlier than that when people actually read the post? Because you didn't read the post. I was qouting people I knew who didn't read comics. I didn't bother to read the rest of your post either. Thanks for playing enjoy your lovely take home gifts!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

This where I say that the proof is all around you. Most of the time Hollywood can't even be bothered to get the actual characterization of the heroes right and Joe Q Public doesn't care because he is looking for something to explode and some hero to save the day in thirty or ninety minutes.

What makes you think anyone really care about Lois?

As for the whole "Clark can do better"" thing? I didn't say that LOL. That is an actual quote from someone who is not a comics fan but has seen Superman movies. If that rocked your world maybe you should stay in your safe little bubble and never talk to people who aren't comic fans about comics because some of the things they say might....upset you.

Sorry I had to be the one to rip off that bandaid, but someone had to rip it off.
    that's just one person.. not enough proof nobody likes Lois for Superman. Can we please stop this conversation? If you don't like her, fine. Let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    that's just one person.. not enough proof nobody likes Lois for Superman. Can we please stop this conversation? If you don't like her, fine. Let's move on.
    LOL, except that it's not one person! You have no idea! NO IDEA THE DARKNESS I HAVE SEEN! So many people saying so many crazy things..

But your right we should move on. But before you do would you like to know the first person I heard utter "he can do better"? It was my Grandma!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Joe Q Public doesn't care because he is looking for something to explode and some hero to save the day in thirty or ninety minutes.
    The same Joe Q Public that complains about micheal bay movies being just explosions and then watch it.Gottcha.And we can do explosions.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

LOL, except that it's not one person! You have no idea! NO IDEA THE DARKNESS I HAVE SEEN! So many people saying so many crazy things..

But your right we should move on. But before you do would you like to know the first person I heard utter "he can do better"? It was my Grandma!
    Women can internalize misogyny too. Literally everyone knows that. Our political arena is certainly a great example of how it’s true. My regards to your Grandma. Sure she was lovely in many ways. She was also wrong. It’s no skin off my back. You aren’t dunking on Lois here you are dunking on your Grandma. LOL

I agree that this conversation is serving no purpose. You aren’t bringing anything substantial to this convo so I’m not sure why you are even here. Either way I hope people ignore going forward.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 02-25-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Just going to leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    Yeah, my wife and I did. To be a little more fair to the scene, they didn't really react until he started to pick up the truck but it was still a little silly. When watching the making of special that aired after the pilot, I also thought it was funny that the actor who plays Jon is really named Jordan.
    I did think to myself "has he never taken the glasses off in front of his kids?"
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Looking at it, Cryer's Lex looks almost too cartoony for this version of Superman. They went hard on the realism here (minus some of the dialogue reading like a 40 year old writing for a 15 year old but it's CW so clunky dialogue is part of the package) and I think they also went a little too hard on some of the fan service trying to fit every version of the character into it (anyone else notice how much Pa looks like Glen Ford when the ship opens?). But those would be my only real complaints. The reveal at the end almost felt out of place next to the more down to Earth feel of the rest of the show. I almost wish this was a stand alone universe (although I do like the idea of him living in a world with the Flash). I actually think Michael Rosenbaum's Lex would fit in here perfectly.
    To be fair, even Clark and Lois felt a little toned down compared to their appearances in Supergirl, so I feel like Cryer could probably adjust for the material if he had to.

I just really don't get why he needs to fight another version of Luthor.

On the topic of Captain Luthor possibly being Alexander, what if sort of like in Infinite crisis, his goal is to undo crisis and restore his world and the rest of the pre-crisis multiverse? Which Superman may see as a noble goal until it occurs to him that his kids didn't exist in the original multiverse, at least not how he knows them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Wo......
    ::falls asleep::
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-25-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Imagine the people he worked with everyday at the Daily Planet for 20 years are familiar enough with his face. If he was constantly out as a journalist, it becomes increasingly difficult to hide it as well. Though honestly at this point we've got to stop over thinking the glasses. If we can accept an alien can be powered like a battery from the sun, and have extraordinary abilities, we just have to accept glasses are a disguise that works. That's just the magic of these properties making the impossible seem normal.
    When it comes to trying to explain Clark looking like Superman with glasses, it's as simple as a celebrity lookalike situation. Boom! Done. Overanalyzing the glasses makes things more silly than they need to be.

That said, I watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. I didn't care for the high school Smallville drama when I was actually in high school, so I can see Jon and Jor (named after his fathers?) getting on my nerves, however they didn't YET. Heck I even kind of like Jon...

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    On the topic of Captain Luthor possibly being Alexander, what if sort of like in Infinite crisis, his goal is to undo crisis and restore his world and the rest of the pre-crisis multiverse? Which Superman may see as a noble goal until it occurs to him that his kids didn't exist in the original multiverse, at least not how he knows them now.
    It seems like his only goal is killing Superman, which...yeah, he's a Luthor, but I have to assume there's more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

This is a great angle, and a good reason why we have 2 Brothers, instead of 1,and why we only. Have 1 set of powers for 1 son instead of 2.

I liked the show, way better than I thought it was.i thought everybody did great in the show.

Didn't like how those teen boys kept kicking Jon while he was down, seemed way to long, even to get Jordan to get his heat. Vision working.

I like that krytonite hurts him, maybe even could. Kill him, but he can still fight it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.