Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am confused now.The secret citadel or fortress or whatever superman hangs out in was a basically a cave.All that's missing is a giant key.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Gosh, I guess i am maybe in the minority but I loved this Fortress. The idea that it’s more of a beautiful cave vs. the Donner inspired ice castle felt very fresh to me. It reminded me of Man of Steel’s take on the fortress which I’m happy about because I think the Donner inspired fortress, while lovely, has certainly had plenty of spotlight in media given its what Smallville used as well.
    That it looks more like a mancave than a Fortress is my problem with it, to be honest. Maybe if it was like a backup Fortress or something. Although now they can make a joke about Clark and Bruce both having caves .

Like, if Supergirl could come up with a more grandiose Fortress design that lives up to the name (and even had the key that only Kryptonians can lift to open it), I feel like the show kind of dropped the ball here.

Unless they retcon it that they were in just one room in the Fortress, but that doesn't seem like what they were going for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am confused now.The secret citadel or fortress or whatever superman hangs out in was a basically a cave.All that's missing is a giant key.
    There's no door so no need for key.

I like this fortress as well, something different to Donner's fortress which while beautiful, is overused. I never understood the complains against the crystal palace use until I saw this new one. I actually appreciate this new version.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    There's no door so no need for key.

I like this fortress as well, something different to Donner's fortress which while beautiful, is overused. I never understood the complains against the crystal palace use until I saw this new one. I actually appreciate this new version.
    I wasn't asking for it to look exactly like Donner but I feel like they could've gone with something that looked a little more visually impressive.

It makes it look like this was done more on a TV budget than Supergirl's Fortress.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Jon was a borderline saint this episode. The kid had his whole life uprooted, his future plans as a professional athlete put at risk, left his girlfriend behind, spent the day getting bullied for something he didn't even do, and has to deal with the fact that his super powered dad is now sharing an aspect of his life exclusively with his brother....yet he's still nothing but happy and supportive and playful with his brother, and the biggest sign of frustration and annoyance he can muster is a bit of yelling for a single scene. Then he ends it all off by reminding his brother that he knows him the best, thinks he's special, and will be there for him even if his AI grandpa doesn't think he's special.

Last episode I was honestly kind of wondering if they were going to make Jon into kind of a cocky dick for the whole show. The script for the first episode didn't fully get across just how nice a brother he was. It made it seem like he'd do things for his brother begrudgingly. But in reality he's the only person in the show that doesn't treat Jordan like he's made of glass (punching his arm, teasing him) yet he's also the most protective and supportive of him (encouraging him with Sarah, reminding him to take his meds, trying to save his life without even thinking, making sure he doesn't feel guilty about getting him bullied).

So when Jordan throws a fit about clearly having powers but them not being as stable or powerful as his dad's I find it really hard to sympathize with him. And how each preview seems to make sure to show him yelling at someone (usually his dad). I'm more than sympatric towards his mental health needs and particularly hard time in his life, but he's a character with some serious inward gazing tunnel vision, and when juxtaposed next to his selfless mom, dad, and even brother, it's really hard to root for him as of right now. Like, dude, your dad just took you flying, and you can shoot lasers from your eyes. Chill.

That said, it's very sweet that the boys come together in the end, and you can really see the appreciation and love in Jordan's eyes at the end.

I'm assuming Jordan's powers are based off his emotional state. His meds may even be messing with his power expression? Or His powers are some how linked to Jon. A friend made the guess that Jon acts as almost a battery for Jordan. Maybe since they're twins that's how their Kryptonian DNA works?

Still a fantastic episode though.
    I really like Jon, he seems like a really well put together kid. I'd say he's definitely the most like his father.

With Jordan...there's only so much "F** YOU DAD!!!" that I can take...mental illness or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I really like Jon, he seems like a really well put together kid. I'd say he's definitely the most like his father.

With Jordan...there's only so much "F** YOU DAD!!!" that I can take...mental illness or not.
    Same after a while it's just a bitch fit.

that scar could be a reference to very early new 52
    CFF3B432-FB1A-4105-BFAD-80259A0C8F3E.jpg
    ACA51CBA-1514-43A4-B5C2-13D629512EB3.jpg

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

At the risk of spoilers, he was a soldier on his Earth. And my guess is that he got the scar from his world's Superman. I just love the fact that they found a use for the black suit! "We still have it in storage and we're gonna put it to use, dammit!"
    Assassinate Putin!

I would be kind of interested to see this guy's reaction to Earth-Prime Luthor and his antics. Like, does he assume Earth-Prime Lex's plots to kill Superman were acceptable despite the innocent lives endangered? Does he realize he's an AU version of the world's greatest criminal mastermind?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Not when both stem from a loss of emotional control. Understand, I am not arguing for a situation where Jordan sets out to do any damage, rather one where either he goes to do an innocuous act (say throwing a book at a wall in frustration) and his strength kicks in. Or like at the bonfire where Jordan's "ocular emission" comes out when he is upset.

A normal kid having an emotional outburst and a kid who has manifested superpowers doing the same- worlds of difference indeed..
    Yeah, but he's only recently got his powers. You can't just change behavior on a dime. It'll take time for him to learn new restraints physically he never did before. Just feel like it's too much to expect. And he's not violent, he's just a kid who shouts sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be kind of interested to see this guy's reaction to Earth-Prime Luthor and his antics. Like, does he assume Earth-Prime Lex's plots to kill Superman were acceptable despite the innocent lives endangered? Does he realize he's an AU version of the world's greatest criminal mastermind?
    There's the possibility he wouldn't consider himself the same person as the existing Luthor's. Too many differences to reconcile.

Before the Crisis, the CWverse used the same actors for the same character. So it's easier to build on that existing connection. Tommy and Laurel going evil had an extra kick because it was the same actors portraying them.

Mighty Member

You know, I'm curious about our universe's Luthor. If they went for shady businessman Lex, I'd like to think that at this point in Superman's career, Clark exposed Lex and shut him down, thus he's now a criminal genius who is sitting in jail... I'm curious why Captain Luthor didn't check on himself at all.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Did anyone else think that the Morgan Edge info that Lois dig up had a Springfield monorail feel to it? When she talked about the three towns he screwed over it sounded an awful lot like Lyle Lanley selling his monorail...

s8RKTxB.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Has anyone mentioned yet that Captain Luthor feels more like an alternate universe (modern) Metallo than an alternate universe Lex? Soldier with a grudge on Superman and a connection to Sam Lane.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Who wants to see a tie in comic?
    Assassinate Putin!