Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    I've genuinely loved this show and agree with others that this could be one of the best live action versions of Superman and his mythos ever. That being said a nitpick : haven't we had multiple episodes where Clark is flat on his back at the mercy of an opponent at this point? After the "Red sun radiation" encounter in the previous episode and with Clark KNOWING he is going into a situation with Kryptonite--wouldn't he at least try to take some precautions to not have his ass handed to him--again?? Clark is not an idiot and shouldn't be scripted as one.
    Admittedly he was doing better than one would expect from getting dosed with a gas of Kryptonite but he still could only take so much.

The Red Sun caught him completely off-guard.

Now, if this gets as bad as other Superhero shows where the hero constantly needs to get bailed out by their supporting cast, then I will join in on all complaints.

We’re getting a Superman vs. Atom Man fight down the line, if he jobs during that then I may be annoyed. Still so far I haven’t been irritated. He still gets a lot of chances to show off such as saving Jon from the AI.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

While I did like the John Henry Irons arc and how it turned out, I thought it would take a lot longer to develop and have him at least partially trust Clark. I liked how he just decides to unplug and drive around and wander for a while, he can learn a lot about this Earth while doing so. Could be a cool part of his plot development, whatever he learns on his wanderings.

Really liked the pairing of Lois and Jon and the emphasis on them being the two non-powered members of the family, and having that be significant and important in its own right.

Speaking of Jon, although it was inevitable that he'd be saved from being killed in the creepermobile (love how that term keeps coming up ), when the thing went on lockdown and armed its weapons was def an "oh ****!" moment.

Got a good chuckle out of Clark calling Lois "Miss Lane," a nice throwback nod.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

It has been a trend since his first appeareance on Supergirl, Tyler's Superman is really durable against Kryptonite. Metallo shooted a kryptonite laser to Superman and after that, he could still move and fly.

It's always funny to remember how on Smallville, Clark could last hours lying on the floor if someone placed a tiny bit of kryptonite on his chest, until someone else removes it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This Superman seems able to take a lot of Kryptonite. I don't know if it's just experience or what. But they have to hit him with a lot to hurt him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This Superman seems able to take a lot of Kryptonite. I don't know if it's just experience or what. But they have to hit him with a lot to hurt him.
    Given that this is an older Superman, his increased tolerance to Kryptonite makes sense. I think Kingdom Come was the first to establish that Clark becomes more and more resistant to Kryptonite as he ages.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Damn, that's massive and doesn't even count online. And this was the episode everyone thought tanked. It makes you wonder what the earlier episodes were doing and what the rebound the last two looks like.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Damn, that's massive and doesn't even count online.
    Live+7 includes both DVR and VOD within the 7 days since airing.

And this was the episode everyone thought tanked. It makes you wonder what the earlier episodes were doing and what the rebound the last two looks like.
    Wikipedia has the early episodes updated with the total viewers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_%26_Lois#Ratings
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-05-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Nice to see that the show is bouncing back in ratings!

I’m happy it’s doing well, that will hopefully mean no cuts to the budget. I doubt the show could maintain its quality on a budget like what The Flash is currently dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m happy it’s doing well, that will hopefully mean no cuts to the budget. I doubt the show could maintain its quality on a budget like what The Flash is currently dealing with.
    I know people are worried about budget cuts for Stargirl, so I'm hoping it's safe too...

I mean, it's not like they're spending a Jupiter's Legacy amount of money on this show..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    I've genuinely loved this show and agree with others that this could be one of the best live action versions of Superman and his mythos ever. That being said a nitpick : haven't we had multiple episodes where Clark is flat on his back at the mercy of an opponent at this point? After the "Red sun radiation" encounter in the previous episode and with Clark KNOWING he is going into a situation with Kryptonite--wouldn't he at least try to take some precautions to not have his ass handed to him--again?? Clark is not an idiot and shouldn't be scripted as one.
    If I was Superman I'd definitely have a bullet/pierce proof suit so nobody can kill me with kryptonite weapons.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Reposting from the Steel Appreciation Thread:

So I forgot that Irons faking his death to get away from the company he designed weapons for was his origin in the comics!
    Doctor John Henry Irons was a brilliant weapons engineer for AmerTek Industries, who eventually became disgusted when the BG-60, a powerful man-portable energy cannon he had designed, fell into the wrong hands and was used to kill innocent people.[4] As the company would have coerced him to retain his services, John faked his death, and eventually came to Metropolis.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stee...n_Henry_Irons)

Pretty likely possibility that Earth Prime Irons is still alive but that he faked his death to escape Luthorcorps. Now I think there’s a much greater chance that if they do plan to send alternate Irons back to his world at the end of the season, or kill off Irons they will still bring in an Earth Prime John to replace him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    If I was Superman I'd definitely have a bullet/pierce proof suit so nobody can kill me with kryptonite weapons.
    Why are superheroes always assumed to be able to just acquire anything they want? If ordinary soldiers don't have suits like that, how is Superman supposed to just come up with one? I know Batman gets access to stuff Waynetech is developing before it gets widespread belief. And there are guys like Mr. Terrific or Tony Stark who could develop tech on a whim. But Superman is no longer shown as being that inventive in most takes and most K-weapons that penetrate his skin are stuff that would also do the same to most real-life armors (bulletproof vests, flak jackets, etc.)