Page 10 of 127 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I miss posting comics sales data, so I've to settle for this for now... 😂

Ratings: Superman & Lois Debut Gives CW Time Slot a 2-Year Audience High

In the latest TV show ratings, Superman & Lois‘ 90-minute premiere event averaged 1.71 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating — with its first hour delivering The CW’s largest audience in that time slot (1.71 mil) in two years, since The Flash 5×12. And while it was not quite a Walker, which debuted last month to 2.44 mil and nearly a 0.4, it did deliver The CW’s second-largest season or series premiere audience since Batwoman circa Fall 2019.

TVLine readers gave Superman & Lois‘ launch an average grade of “A-,” with 93 percent planning to stay tuned when it lands in its regular Tuesdays-at-9 slot next week

Source: https://tvline.com/2021/02/24/tv-rat...s-cw-premiere/

I liked it a lot! Feels a lot like Man of Steel in tone and look. Have to admit, Tyler is growing on me. He is his own Superman and Clark. Hope the season continues with good quality.

I still think Jordan could be full Kryptonian. There is a reason why he's showing powers sooner than Jon. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    LMAO you spoke too soon!
    haha, great scene, but there is a reason he's not wearing it the whole season.

Do we get data on how many people stream from the app or what have you? Because I’d be really curious to know that data, especially with this being view in some respects as HBO Max content. Could see this doing very well on Max.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    haha, great scene, but there is a reason he's not wearing it the whole season.
    if this was the fleischer superman or goldenage superman for that matter.That car was the original car from ac#1 of the guys that wanted their way with lois.You wouldn't be looking at the undies on the outside.You would too busy looking at a car being smashed and a bunch of scared jackasses.Oh! yeah! some guy hanging up an electric poll on his own undies.

You don't need a batcostume to be freaky.The freak alien menace.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-24-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    It very well might. It just doesn’t really solve the problem.

Lois debuted on Smallville as a GUEST STAR on Smallville with “Crusade” in 2004 and we learned more about her family life, perspective, likes, dislikes and overall conflict in that one episode where she was just a guest star than one a pilot for a show with her name in the title.

Forget Lois and Clark (which also did a lot to show her POV in the pilot) but SMALLVILLE showed up Superman and Lois with how they introduced Lois 16 years ago on a show where she was just a guest star.

That’s damning. Bc it’s very revealing at where Todd Helbing’s priorities are and I’m already seeing recaps not written by fanboys who just want to geek out about the Fleishcer suit (which was admittedly cool) pick up on this. So I truly hope plans have been put into place to fix it even if it means some rewrites.
    There's already so much going on in the Pilot they didn't need show a ton of Lois specific stuff, it's literally been one episode, give the show some actual time to delve into her character.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do we get data on how many people stream from the app or what have you? Because I’d be really curious to know that data, especially with this being view in some respects as HBO Max content. Could see this doing very well on Max.
    idk. We'll see in the upcoming weeks if the streaming data will be made public.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    There's already so much going on in the Pilot they didn't need show a ton of Lois specific stuff, it's literally been one episode, give the show some actual time to delve into her character.
    The Pilot is for a show called Superman and LOIS, so if there was so much going on they can't service their co-lead, they needed to get rid of something or get creative. Lois should have been a priority, and many of the reviews from reputable sources agree. Also, given the track record of this particular showrunner and the insider information from one of his former writers, struggling with female characters is an issue for him that does not go away with time and permeates even how he treats his staff. So, no, we don't need to give this a pass. Not at all.

BANNED

Superman is still the first name in the title, Lois is the "co" lead but not THE lead, there are other episodes for Lois to get her time it simply just wasn't needed for this one

Part of the reason I assumed Lois might've been okay with moving to Smallville was because it would've been harder to afford housing in Metropolis solely on her income and it lets her get close to what Edge is after in Smallville.
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The two leads were fine. Supergirl was completely ignored, as if she doesn't exist in that world, even at a point where she would have been very useful. Does General Lane know who she is? Recastings galore. The Kryptonite is only fatal if you don't suddenly decide you don't want it to be trope. The very surprise reveal of which of their sons it was....I mean NO one could have seen that coming the instant they were introduced. I CERTAINLY didn't...
    I think that's called Heroic Willpower .
    And they better address how Cryer Lex reacts to a copy, (in his mind), trying to kill his Superman. I can't imagine he'd like that; Superman is HIS.
    I just want to see Hoechlin actually confront and interact with his Luthor.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I still think Jordan could be full Kryptonian. There is a reason why he's showing powers sooner than Jon. We'll see.
    If anything Jon showed his powers sooner when you saw how he threw that football at such a young age. That is not normal.

I guess maybe his powers have regressed somehow and he hasn't unlocked them yet.

Superman is still the first name in the title, Lois is the "co" lead but not THE lead, there are other episodes for Lois to get her time it simply just wasn't needed for this one
    Neither Jonathan's nor Jordan's name appears in the title, yet they were more developed as characters, so this rationale doesn't work for me. It was a deliberate choice that many reviews cited as a major criticism of the show and its pilot.

I want Lois to get some more meaty material and her own arc but I feel like she served a different function in the pilot than Jon or Jordan did, especially in relation to Clark, so I'm willing to see how things play out for the rest of the season.

BANNED

That’s absolute horse****.

Because, again, if Smallville could find a way to give her more POV in a guest star role 16 years ago when she debuted and this show couldn’t even take 60 seconds to be invested in her feelings in the pilot episode, it reflects a problem.

You are fighting a losing argument here because this is 2021 and we aren’t settling for scraps anymore. The critics are already calling this out so it’s either addressed immediately or it’s going to cause problems for this show. This is not rocket science. This is bare minimum representation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want Lois to get some more meaty material and her own arc but I feel like she served a different function in the pilot than Jon or Jordan did, especially in relation to Clark, so I'm willing to see how things play out for the rest of the season.
    Well according to Nadria Tucker this was a repeated offense in the writers room the entire season. So I don’t think it’s all irrelevant to talk about much as some people would prefer we shut up about it and just gawk at a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Well according to Nadria Tucker this was a repeated offense in the writers room the entire season. So I don’t think it’s all irrelevant to talk about much as some people would prefer we shut up about it and just gawk at a suit.
    Fair enough. I guess we'll have to hope they did take her message to heart and use Lois well across the rest of the season.

I mean, it's a nice suit though .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's absolutely no reason why Lois and Clark could have both had voiceovers in the opening of the pilot. Alternatively, since his voice narrated the beginning, her voice could have narrated the end. Lois could have had one line with her father that referenced her experience growing up with an absentee dad or a line that referenced what it was possibly like losing her mother at a young age and moving to new homes and schools. She could have said literally one throwaway line about what it was like for her growing up with a sister, Lucy, who was unlike her or at odds with her. There were plenty of tiny ways a writer who actually cared about Lois and her character could have used elements of her canon to enrich the story and develop her more.