Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1897
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Can we officially add "Kryptonians try to replace Earth with Krypton" to the "The only Superman stories WB knows are his origin, his death and his turn to evil" meme?

As far as things I dislike here, well, it sure was damn weird to see Clark's mother in the body of his ex-girlfriend. That's some messed up Oedipal subtext. The Supergirl erasure is once again troubling (could they just establish this is a different Earth so we can all be happy?). Sarah believing Jon's story immediately was absurd. Sam had a very good reason to not let Sarah see Kyle (namely, it's not Kyle but a psychopath using her father's body), but that wasn't ever acknowledged by anyone.

I think Kyle's still possessed, because we've had too much set-up with him (including him threatening Jon in this episode) to simply end it like this. The Kryptonite cell probably interefered with the process. For a bolder theory, I think Sarah may have gotten powers through this incident, similar to Lana's in Rebirth Superwoman.
    My feelings exactly.

This one really felt like it could have been a finale, hard to believe we still have like 4 more episodes. tbh doesn't seem like theres a whole lot to wrap up but then i remember it was going to be a shorter season then they added two extra episodes for some reason (origin flashbacks?)
    -yeah that Lana/Lara bit was as uncomfortable as it was heartwarming. awwww.........ew.
    -So Edge is more or less an OC here? I wonder if Lara's gonna play a similar role as Atlanna in the Aquaman when the two brothers have their inevitable rematch
    -lol, I guess all kinds of crazy adventures happened in Smallville before Clark left, only for them to ramp up again when he moved back.
    -I guess we can now say definitively that the solar flare power is just gonna be a part of Superman's standard powerset going forward.
    -The Kents and the Danvers really aren't all that tight in this universe are they? I think Clark and Lois will show up in the Flash crossover thing next year, but otherwise this will be standalone, and I'm fine with that.
    -prediction: Kyle is going to seriously injure or outright kill Jon when Edge gets control of his army back. His family will put him in that machine to save him and thats how he gets powers.
    -next episode will be the Flashback, but will it be for our Clark or evil alt Clark?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 06-16-2021 at 09:59 PM.

I gotta be honest, I don't really like Edge being his brother or the Lara coming back through Lana thing. It's the first storyline I actively dislike, I didn't like Edges backstory either. I feel like something more could've been done there.

Also I agree with the other posters, the Supergirl embargo is kinda weird. She could've been a lot of help this episode.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    -prediction: Kyle is going to seriously injure or outright kill Jon when Edge gets control of his army back. His family will put him in that machine to save him and thats how he gets powers.
    You don't know how much I'd love for this to be the case, and maybe a month or two ago I'd have been right there with you-- damn near sure this would be the case. I mean, Superman show with the established son of Superman as main character with a plot dealing with giving people powers? Seems like an easy lay up. But in light of recent interviews with Jon's actor where he says that he'd like Jon to only get powers as a temporary thing, but ultimately never have them long term has me doubtful. Granted, it's the actor and not showrunner or writer saying this, but when can assume he at the very least knows what the trajectory is for the rest of the season and maybe some general notes on the next.

But it would be cool for sure. Maybe even have it so the "soul" that inhabits Jon is either his grandma Lara (further underlining how he has bonds to the women in the family)....or the dude that hates him that's in Kyle(!). That would be really cool because you could stick to the idea that Jon doesn't have a bad bone in his body, but he does have this soul inside him that hates him and hates humans, and he'd have to basically wrestle with it for control in order to use his powers, and then maybe through the strength of his character he changes the heart of the soul and gains the powers fulltime eventually. That would allow for a much different take on the powers than Jordan or Clark.

Oh my....I seem to have just described Naruto almost word for word hahaha
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Lara, the Eradicator, and references to Brightburn. This episode had a lot. Got to agree that it bothers me to have Lara show up. I don't like the plot twist of "dead parent secretly shows up alive". It's been a long time since I watched Arrow but I remember some dead end plot about Laurel's mom showing up. I don't think it went anywhere. Now, granted, this isn't quite the same thing. But it's still kind of dumb. One of the things I didn't like about Smallville was the half the population of Krypton showing up on Earth. As for Jon going in the machine, the rules are that only people raised in Smallville can use it safely. Jon wasn't. His Kryptonian DNA might make a difference but it seems like an easy cop out. I kind of wish Edge was just delusional or speaking rhetorically. The "secret brother" thing was also kind of dumb. I hope this isn't a sign of the quality of the show going downhill.
    Assassinate Putin!

Unhappy

My friend reviews the latest episode. Unlike me, he's not happy with the pacing nor as he puts it some of the "soap opera elements" -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

I want to note, as has been pointed out to me, that this show has Steel, the Eradicator and a Superboy. Maybe we should start expecting a bone Hulk and a Cyborg Reed Richards?

Astonishing Member

I want to note, as has been pointed out to me, that this show has Steel, the Eradicator and a Superboy. Maybe we should start expecting a bone Hulk and a Cyborg Reed Richards?
    This has been my theory and expextation since 1x07.

if we do get a proper Eradicator and Cyborg Superman, I hope they're still played by Tyler Hoechlin and not other actors.

John henry now eradicator, next imo(this is my grand theory), Jon gets in Dabney Donavans machine and he gets powers, BUT because he isn't a Smallville native, and because he isn't powered up like his brother, his power manifestation and spirit are warped into tactile telekinesis and a kryptonian named kon-el. Because he is half kryptonian he would keep control over his body, but get access to kons knowledge. Jon is super heroic and good, but also cocky and once a ladies man. I think this is how we will merge the reign of the Supermen characters with the modern Kent family with comic Jon (Jordan)
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Can we officially add "Kryptonians try to replace Earth with Krypton" to the "The only Superman stories WB knows are his origin, his death and his turn to evil" meme?
    I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan of Krypton being an evil planet of conquerors...I'm not too sure if that's what they were going for...but there were a LOT of X-Kryptonite possessed baddies here.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    John henry now eradicator, next imo(this is my grand theory), Jon gets in Dabney Donavans machine and he gets powers, BUT because he isn't a Smallville native, and because he isn't powered up like his brother, his power manifestation and spirit are warped into tactile telekinesis and a kryptonian named kon-el. Because he is half kryptonian he would keep control over his body, but get access to kons knowledge. Jon is super heroic and good, but also cocky and once a ladies man. I think this is how we will merge the reign of the Supermen characters with the modern Kent family with comic Jon (Jordan)
    I feel like if that theory were to pan out in any form it would likely be Jon being merged with a Lor-Zod born on Krypton years earlier, or it would be Xa-Du (the actual Kryptonian ghost man).

I had the theory that when Derek Powel got his Kryptonian ghost and later died because he wasn't from Smallville that ghost when to Kyle, and that same ghost now hates Jon. But that ghost also was seen kissing Leslie Larr. She may be Thara Ak-Var aka Flamebird to Derek and later Kyle's Lor-Zod aka Nightwing. Out of the phantoms seen Kyle's, Derek's, and Leslie's seem to have the most personality and potential back story. Plus, Edge said it was the military guild, so that would indicate a Zod.

Would be a cool way to pay homage to Chris Kent especially since Jon's actor's hair is light brown. But that's only a theory.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I feel like if that theory were to pan out in any form it would likely be Jon being merged with a Lor-Zod born on Krypton years earlier, or it would be Xa-Du (the actual Kryptonian ghost man).

I had the theory that when Derek Powel got his Kryptonian ghost and later died because he wasn't from Smallville that ghost when to Kyle, and that same ghost now hates Jon. But that ghost also was seen kissing Leslie Larr. She may be Thara Ak-Var aka Flamebird to Derek and later Kyle's Lor-Zod aka Nightwing. Out of the phantoms seen Kyle's, Derek's, and Leslie's seem to have the most personality and potential back story. Plus, Edge said it was the military guild, so that would indicate a Zod.

Would be a cool way to pay homage to Chris Kent especially since Jon's actor's hair is light brown. But that's only a theory.
    Jordan already has powers he doesn't need or probably can't even get possessed.

Supermans moms spirit was brought back so no it doesn't need to he military guild or just zods

Hair color means nothing, not on the CW, and Jon is the ultra heroic human who runs in when trouble is afoot and is cocky, that screams kon.

Course it won't be a clone kon, that is off the table, we got that on Titans, but we can get a kid with TTK, a leather jacket, and a kryptonian name.

2018 chevy cruze 1.4 turbo 0 60
    Last edited by SuperX; 06-16-2021 at 05:34 PM.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Overall I did like the episode but like some others, not really a fan of Edge being an actual brother. But it does work for the context of the show in a vacuum though, so in that regard at least it's not like a deal breaker or anything to that level.

Funny moments: Lana being freaked out to see Superman in the flesh; Jon calling that guard G.I. Jerknuts.

This episode's "oh ****" moment: all the baddies flying up to chase down Clark. The visual of their faces lit up with red eyes in pursuit was pretty sweet.

Definitely felt like a season finale, I'm really curious to see where the rest of the season goes. Flashbacks will be cool, I just hope it doesn't sap the momentum.

Old girlfriend/Mom thing... yeah, weird.

unnamed.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Jon already has powers he doesn't need or probably can't even get possessed.

Supermans moms spirit was brought back so no it doesn't need to he military guild or just zods

Hair color means nothing, not on the CW, and Jon is the ultra heroic human who runs in when trouble is afoot and is cocky, that screams kon.

Course it won't be a clone kon, that is off the table, we got that on Titans, but we can get a kid with TTK, a leather jacket, and a kryptonian name.
    Because Superman's mom made the Eradicator, so I imagine she's the one allowance to what Edge said. Plus, in the New 52 she was part of the Military Guild, so that may continue to be the case here.

I sincerely doubt it'll be a Kon-El.

If not Lor-Zod or Xa-Du, then it'll be an original Kryptonian more than likely. Well, if it happens at all.