Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Speaking as someone who lives in the midwest, I can tell you that, generally, teams tend to play nearby teams. Not cities in other states. Unless they win some kind of championship. And even then it's a tier system. You have to win the state championships first. Seems odd a small town in Kansas would play a major city on the coast.
    They are taking the Smallville approach where Metropolis is visible from Kansas or at least close enough to commute. (I recall a scene where Clark looks from the Barn to Metropolis).

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    EW has a nearly 40 minute roundtable with the cast about the rest of the season. The article has quotes on the coming couple of episodes.

https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-around-the-table/

On the Edge is possessed by Zod speculation, they describe Edge as kinda Zod-y to me:

And Episode 8 sounds like a more Lois-centric episode with her and Jon teaming up:

If they are really going to keep one kid powerless, I think that should have been Jordan just for the comic synergy. But the idea that one doesn't have powers and that gives a viewpoint of how Lois role in their upbringing plays out is a pretty good idea.
    Least we’re getting the Lois-Jon relationship explored in one medium. I’m looking forward to see what becomes of this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If they are really going to keep one kid powerless, I think that should have been Jordan just for the comic synergy. But the idea that one doesn't have powers and that gives a viewpoint of how Lois role in their upbringing plays out is a pretty good idea.
    I'm with PKJ (his interview on the Aspiring Kryptonians podcast), if they leave Jon out powers wise for more than a season it'll get old really fast. As he said on the podcast, you milk it for whatever drama you can for a season or so then, but then you stop messing around and get on with it. But for now, I appreciate the idea that he's learning to be a hero the hard way, and learning from one of the best, his mom.

This Nazi talk has me less than pleased. On its own I'm very, very, very happy we're doing space eugenics/supremacy using Kryptonians. Fits perfectly as an extreme version of how dismissive Jor-El was of Jordan.

However. What I absolutely DREAD is the idea that Edge will somehow indoctrinate Jon (via mind control and the manipulation of his marginalization) while giving him his powers. If someone on the writing staff has the audacity to even come within spitting distance of this...I'm writing off this whole show and washing my hands of it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm with PKJ (his interview on the Aspiring Kryptonians podcast), if they leave Jon out powers wise for more than a season it'll get old really fast. As he said on the podcast, you milk it for whatever drama you can for a season or so then, but then you stop messing around and get on with it. But for now, I appreciate the idea that he's learning to be a hero the hard way, and learning from one of the best, his mom.

This Nazi talk has me less than pleased. On its own I'm very, very, very happy we're doing space eugenics/supremacy using Kryptonians. Fits perfectly as an extreme version of how dismissive Jor-El was of Jordan.

However. What I absolutely DREAD is the idea that Edge will somehow indoctrinate Jon (via mind control and the manipulation of his marginalization) while giving him his powers. If someone on the writing staff has the audacity to even come within spitting distance of this...I'm writing off this whole show and washing my hands of it.
    I didn't even see it from that angle, but yeah that would be a pretty awful take. I don't think that's where they'd go with it, just because to date we haven't really seen Jon show the kind of resentment that would be mined for that towards Jordan. So I hope it doesn't go that direction. It's possible he'd try to use either Jon or Jordan as vessels because as half Kryptonians they could conceivable tolerate the process better, without them having to participate in Edge's plan themselves. I guess we'll see if they start playing up Jon feeling powerless. The episode with Lois seems to show that he's at least going to see that you don't need powers to be a hero and make a difference.

I agree it's probably a foregone conclusion that Jon ends up with his own powers. The football throw in the pilot was evidence that he likely has some abilities. No 8 year old is breaking a rope with a spiral pass.

I didn't even see it from that angle, but yeah that would be a pretty awful take. I don't think that's where they'd go with it, just because to date we haven't really seen Jon show the kind of resentment that would be mined for that towards Jordan. So I hope it doesn't go that direction. It's possible he'd try to use either Jon or Jordan as vessels because as half Kryptonians they could conceivable tolerate the process better, without them having to participate in Edge's plan themselves. I guess we'll see if they start playing up Jon feeling powerless. The episode with Lois seems to show that he's at least going to see that you don't need powers to be a hero and make a difference.

I agree it's probably a foregone conclusion that Jon ends up with his own powers. The football throw in the pilot was evidence that he likely has some abilities. No 8 year old is breaking a rope with a spiral pass.
    I fully admit to having some pretty serious bias and pessimism when it comes to Jon on this show because I like the character in general and I'm especially taken by how great a kid he is on the show, so this could really just be me playing chicken little.

.....but....

Blonde haired blue eyed jock who has been feeling marginalized because his brother with special needs now out classes him his the physical and is getting more attention all around becomes a space Superboy Nazi in training for a short while is just the particular brand of stupid I can see happening at my most pessimistic. And of course it wouldn't even have to be him picking this as a character, but rather mind control ****. Plus, unfortunately, this wouldn't even be the first time these DC CW shows went with turning a fan favorite successor character to the wrong side before or having them be manipulated in order to get their powers. This is what happens with Wally after he gets really frustrated about not having powers after Flashpoint.

On the flipside, if they present Jon with this choice that compromises his morals and who he is for power, and he says no to it, and is willing to risk being powerless for life (then later as a thematic "reward" gets power the natural way) then I'll be ALL FOR IT. Anything beyond him being seriously tempted and I'll write the whole thing off.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-14-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    i have not watched Invincible, but I did more or less spoil myself online because the youtube, and twitter algorithm seemed determined to make sure I know everything about that show for some reason. spoilers:
    so what if Cap Luthor's Superman is like Omni-man? Krypton never blew up, and he grew up a fanatic with an army trying to grow a kryptonian empire, and in season 2, he'll try to spread that empire to earth prime?
    end of spoilers
    also here's this (though Stargirls kinda the only show i wanna see this crossover with besides maybe one last team up with Kara)
    It's so weird seeing all these characters together with how disconnected they feel now.

Like, is Clark ever going to see Kara again?
    On the Edge is possessed by Zod speculation, they describe Edge as kinda Zod-y to me:
    Yeah, to be honest that doesn't really make sense to me unless Edge is possessed by a Kryptonian because if he's having people possessed by Kryptonians and propping up a certain group...like, what else could he be doing? Protecting the Power Elite? It only really makes sense if he's a Kryptonian Supremacist like Zod is.

Lois called out Edge's accent for being fake, but is that going to turn out to be because it's not natural and it's just Zod talking like he would have on Krypton?
    And Episode 8 sounds like a more Lois-centric episode with her and Jon teaming up:
    An episode with the team normal's sounds like it should be fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois called out Edge's accent for being fake, but is that going to turn out to be because it's not natural and it's just Zod talking like he would have on Krypton?
    Damn. Good catch! It's that's not a plot point, but rather just a dig by Lois, then that's a very real shame because it's really smart. It also shows off Lois' natural intuition because she'd be the one to pick up on the big reveal just off handedly without even trying or fully understanding that she did it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They are taking the Smallville approach where Metropolis is visible from Kansas or at least close enough to commute. (I recall a scene where Clark looks from the Barn to Metropolis).
    That doesn't match Sisco's map when the COIE first happened. He laid out where all the "new" cities are. Metropolis was on the east coast.
    Assassinate Putin!

That doesn't match Sisco's map when the COIE first happened. He laid out where all the "new" cities are. Metropolis was on the east coast.
    Could’ve shifted after the Crisis, but honestly they’re just doing this because it presents an opportunity for drama.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, wouldn't be the first time the writers have ignored the rest of the Arrowverse to suit the plot .

I'm 99% sure that Jonathan is going to get Tactile Telekinesis as a way to balance out from having another fully fledged Kryptonian powerset as well as adapt Jon Lane Kent from the New 52.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, wouldn't be the first time the writers have ignored the rest of the Arrowverse to suit the plot .
    Yeah,no one but us basically knows or cares. Even failing that, they could theoretically make the case that reality was still "cooling " after the events of Crisis. They did something similar in the comics to explain the early inconsistencies right after its Crisis.

Superman is a perfect example. For almost the first year after Crisis they were still referencing precrisis history following Crisis and the formation of the new Earth. Then suddenly, comes Byrnes man of Steel series toward the end of 86 and we are in Post Crisis continuity as if it was always that way . Suddenly the last year's worth of stories in Action and Superman set on the new Earth didn't happen.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm 99% sure that Jonathan is going to get Tactile Telekinesis as a way to balance out from having another fully fledged Kryptonian powerset as well as adapt Jon Lane Kent from the New 52.
    I've been thinking about this too, and I think it depends on what they do with Jordan. Like, when Jon eventually gets his powers it may turn out that his levels are closer to his dads and maybe have the potential to be more powerful (if the show decides to be inspired by the comics), but Jordan's powers remain unpredictable and unstable. It could be a flip of the Jor-El fortress scene. Like, the Jor-El AI doing his version of "holy ****, now this is a heir!" That then leads to conflict between the twins because Jordan was finally getting something he could say he's good at, and now his perfect brother comes in and does this better than him too. But because his levels are noticeably high, Jon now has to do things like quit football for good, and maybe become slightly more reserved? This way the two deal with negatives of the dynamic shift.

It may be that we find out that Jordan has the less conventional powers. Maybe in trying to be more like his dad, Jordan has been unconsciously trying to force his powers to be like his? It's possible that once he starts to move away from following in his dad's footsteps the true nature of his powers will be realized? This would be similar to Conner in his early days when he didn't know he didn't have Superman's powers, but fought like he did and would sometimes get hurt because of it. This may also be why Jor-El didn't detect anything substantial from him. He was basing his scan off of Clark and other normal Kryptonians.

This could even play into the current comics because now unlike how Clark has trained Jordan just to get a hold of his powers so he doesn't hurt himself or anyone else, Clark would be training Jon with the unspoken pressure of "one day you're going to have to be the one in this cape". And that would play well into his football roots. Unlike how Jordan and Clark's power training is pretty relaxed and fun, Jon and Clark's would at times feel almost like drills. And it would be unintentional on Clark's part obviously, but that presrue would be there. "C'mon kiddo, you gotta make those turns faster. Every millisecond can count." We've even already established that Clark's been running football drills with Jon before they went back home, so it would be an evolution of that. And of course you could add in the drama of Clark stretching himself thin with the football team/Jordan and Superman training with Jon.

That would make the show's Jon like the Jon Sam Kent we know now, and Jordan the Jon Lane Kent of the New 52.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 05-15-2021 at 06:58 AM.

I think they still need to address just how Jordan's powers work, although from the preview it looks like he's finally getting stronger, but he hasn't used Heat Vision since the first episode.

Regardless it’s at least close to Smallville. Lois drove in to quit the Daily Planet in the second episode.

Where on the east coast was Metropolis? It usually falls somewhere south of NYC in like Maryland or something.