Page 25 of 127 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I appreciate that. And I am sorry for my reply as it came off harsher than I intended. Like I said, it was my mistake for making her comments public, not hers.

The great thing here is she reversed course on her first impression and is on board for Hoechlin, which is something I am sure we are both happy about
    I get it. I wasn't a fan of Tyler as Superman, but he is winning me over with his performance in his own show. Even I'm surprised about that, but the writing and direction really helped. And he had the Superman smile down. I hope the writing continues strong for him and Lois and all the characters. I'm not a fan of Lana's daughter, but we'll see.

And no, I'm not "trying" to like this show, I actually enjoyed it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zero chance that happens. They threw in Ezra as a cameo because it helps set up the Multiversial exploration his movie is going to be about. But the film side doesn’t respect the television side so I don’t expect that to happen again. A Superman Beyond movie where all the Multiversal Supermen team up would be cool though.

There's obviously not a zero chance it happens since Ezra showed up on The Flash TV show and The Batman film is getting a TV show on HBO Max as well based on Gotham PD or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    There's obviously not a zero chance it happens since Ezra showed up on The Flash TV show and The Batman film is getting a TV show on HBO Max as well based on Gotham PD or whatever.
    Yeah, but that was really something of WB's design since they specifically asked for Ezra to be in the show, perhaps for something that'll play into the movie, cause the character is multiverse based. Same can't really be said for Superman, even if he has alt versions. And that Gotham PD
    Show is still apart of the new Batman universe so, crossovers between them are but guaranteed. Maybe the odds aren't impossible for a Super Crossover but extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, but that was really something of WB's design since they specifically asked for Ezra to be in the show, perhaps for something that'll play into the movie, cause the character is multiverse based. Same can't really be said for Superman, even if he has alt versions. And that Gotham PD
    Show is still apart of the new Batman universe so, crossovers between them are but guaranteed. Maybe the odds aren't impossible for a Super Crossover but extremely unlikely.
    Yeah like I said about the Flash: A crossover played well with what they wanted to do with the character in his film, and as a way to get to the Multiversal DC stuff “first”. That GCPD Show is in the same continuity as the movies so it’s expected that Battison or Catwoman might show up. But I’d be shocked if they crossed over Supermen any time soon since they’re in different continuities and I doubt the next Superman movie will be anything but self-contained at first.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I just hope this show turns out a real gem. Superman fans deserve it. At least we still have this. So far, I'm not disappointed. We have never had a quality Superman live action show in... so long or never? It's still the CW, though, and they are capable of screwing up good things as we have seen many times.

Oh well, in this trailer for what coming in the show, General Lane comes off as an a-hole to me. He thinks he owns Clark.

I don't understand why Superman only takes Jordan to the Fortress but not Jon. They are both his sons and deserve to know about his alien heritage. Oh and I want to see Lara too.

Jordan is just too aggressive to his father. I wonder if he has another problem that makes him be that way. Jonathan seems more understanding.

I really like that they are exploring his dual life as a family man and as a hero and how overwhelming it can be. It's a valid story for Superman honestly. It just depends on execution. So far I feel Jordan is too extreme.

Last edited by stargazer01; 03-01-2021 at 09:54 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jordan is extreme cause He likes mortal kombat.
    cue mortal kombat music.

On the flipside,i do hope we get to see superman taking on raiden
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-01-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I just hope this show turns out a real gem. Superman fans deserve it. At least we still have this. So far, I'm not disappointed. We have never had a quality Superman live action show in... so long or never? It's still the CW, though, and they are capable of screwing up good things as we have seen many times.

Oh well, in this trailer for what coming in the show, General Lane comes off as an a-hole to me. He thinks he owns Clark.

I don't understand why Superman only takes Jordan to the Fortress but not Jon. They are both his sons and deserve to know about his alien heritage. Oh and I want to see Lara too.

Jordan is just too aggressive to his father. I wonder if he has another problem that makes him be that way. Jonathan seems more understanding.

I really like that they are exploring his dual life as a family man and as a hero and how overwhelming it can be. It's a valid story for Superman honestly. It just depends on execution. So far I feel Jordan is too extreme.

I don't know much about this anixety disorder thing, but he does kinda remind me a lot of some people I've known and worked with who are bipolar. Seemed like he was having a manic episode at one point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I don't know much about this anixety disorder thing, but he does kinda remind me a lot of some people I've known and worked with who are bipolar. Seemed like he was having a manic episode at one point.
    For whatever reason, many people are missing the fact that he's on medication for his anxiety disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    For whatever reason, many people are missing the fact that he's on medication for his anxiety disorder.
    Good point, maybe they didn't point that out enough. I want to rewatch it.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jordan is extreme cause He likes mortal kombat.
    cue mortal kombat music.

On the flipside,i do hope we get to see superman taking on raiden
    Haha, yeah the MK bit got a good laugh out of me
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

It was Injustice 2, for the record .

I think it's the 2nd or 3rd time it's appeared in a DC show.

Anxiety often can result in having what's perceived as a short fuse or anger issues. So the behavior in that respect seemed pretty realistic.

Just imagine when his powers make him imune to his medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was Injustice 2, for the record .

I think it's the 2nd or 3rd time it's appeared in a DC show.
    It is probably the most popular mainstream DC game that features DC characters from multiple DC franchises.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I liked that Injustice popped up. It felt very meta and a fun gag.

I saw Jordan as in the same boat as Boruto and Albus Severus. It's tougher being a supporting character that's in opposition to the hero. Especially if it's a character you have attachment to. It's pretty common in fandom.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2021 at 04:04 PM.