Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Stuff like that doesn't go along with the tone of the show.
    EDIT- Imperious Lex would be too out there but Conduit feels more doable.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-25-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. Finally got around to watching it and....I actually really enjoyed that first episode. Definitely a lot better than the trailers made it out to be. Even the typical CW teen shenanigans were pretty tolerable. That Sarah girl though....Not sure how I feel about her.

Probably should have let Jordan know you were seeing someone before you invited him to a party (specifically him and not his brother) then spent the whole party talking to and getting very close to him....while you knew your boyfriend was there. That was either a dumb move or a dick move. And I'm really hoping it actually was the former because I doubt this drama with the boyfriend is over.
    Yeah, she doesn't seem like a bad girl, but it definitely seemed like she was leading Jordan on to some extent.

I'm kind of expecting Jon's girlfriend will dump him because of the long-distance thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't seem like a bad girl, but it definitely seemed like she was leading Jordan on to some extent.

I'm kind of expecting Jon's girlfriend will dump him because of the long-distance thing.
    She was most definitely leading him on, she let Jon know right away that she wasn't interested but kept pursuing Jordan. It's easy to see why he made a move on her.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Oh that’s totally going to happen. I predict Jon’s “arc” will be that he has to deal with his great life in Metropolis being exchanged for a crappy one in Smallville because his brother needs the space to train in how to use his powers. I’m guessing Jordan will become more appreciative and Jon will become more resentful until he learns to understand the struggles Jordan had, and gets powers himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Arrow

I loved the first episode, four stars out of five (it dragged a bit in the middle otherwise it would have been perfect, IMO).

Is it wrong I already both like Jordan better and find him more interesting than Comic Book Jon (both versions) after only one episode?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Which one's Kylo Ren? You know that's happening. Without all the mass murder but one's going dark and have to be brought back.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I loved the first episode, four stars out of five (it dragged a bit in the middle otherwise it would have been perfect, IMO).

Is it wrong I already both like Jordan better and find him more interesting than Comic Book Jon (both versions) after only one episode?
    More interesting? Yeah. Added drama, in comparison to a character who's lived a pretty drama/angst-free life, will typically do that. More likable?....Eh. So far he's just the standard moody/distant/overemotional teenager trope that I'm not a huge fan of. Giving context to his behavior didn't really make me see him any differently.

Of the two brothers, I think Jon is the better character...or at least the one that I'm more interested in. I'm pretty sure I can guess most of the character beats they'll go through with Jordan. But right now I have no idea where things are going for Jon. And I like that.

I don't dislike Jordan. But of the main four characters in this show, he's my least favorite.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-25-2021 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Which one's Kylo Ren? You know that's happening. Without all the mass murder but one's going dark and have to be brought back.
    Not that It's at all necessary, but this is tv, so probably could happen. It'd be Jordan. Though surprised to see you in this thread, knowing your thoughts on Superdad.

Oh it's gonna be Jordan. He even kinda looks like Kylo.

I'd been thinking from the start of the episode that I was getting some serious "Chronicle" vibes from him.

PS I adored how they subverted my expectations that Jon would get his powers first. I was honestly surprised, in a good way, when Jordan's power manifested first. Good job writers, you fooled this jaded life-long comic book/sci-fi fan.

I mean, Jordan definitely had that look after the fire, but I don't think they'll go that far.

Oh it's gonna be Jordan. He even kinda looks like Kylo.

I'd been thinking from the start of the episode that I was getting some serious "Chronicle" vibes from him.
    I hope they once again surprise me by having Jon become "the bad guy" (if there is to be one) once his powers manifest. That would be a ballsy move on their part.

PSPS Oh and Lois felt more like Lois than she did during the entirety of Bendis' run for me, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    PSPS Oh and Lois felt more like Lois than she did during the entirety of Bendis' run for me, nice.
    Lois was a fucking gem, throughout the whole episode. I was on her side in just about every dispute she got in.

I especially loved that "bitch, I told you so" look she was giving Clark after Jon and Jordan found the space ship.

Lois was a fucking gem, throughout the whole episode. I was on her side in just about every dispute she got in.

I especially loved that "bitch, I told you so" look she was giving Clark after Jon and Jordan found the space ship.

Agreed, I loved every minute of it.

Bendis turned Lois into weak sauce then had her basically abandon her son & family during their greatest crisis. I couldn't support doing that to such a fantastic character and one of the strongest female characters of all time. It'll be a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time if ever before I forgive him for his shoddy treatment of Lois. Writing Lois Lane should be an equal honor as writing Superman but Bendis consistently seemed to have nothing worthwhile for Lois.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-25-2021 at 07:13 PM.