Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It'd be far more interesting than Jon just having the same powers, in my opinion.
    I think it would depend how they handled it. I mean, we're not even sure how Jordan's powers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would depend how they handled it. I mean, we're not even sure how Jordan's powers work.
    He seems to be developing the standard Kryptonian powers so far. Heat Vision, super strength, super hearing. I don't think it's TTK either considering his Heat Vision looks exactly like Clark's.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Tactile Telekinesis is far from boring. He's able to imitate Superman's abilities as well as do stuff like turn invisible, energy bolts, etc.
    And those aren't bland abilities?energy bolts are standard ad hell.making things levitate and stick together is basically telekinesis,downgraded version.invisiblity and flight are basically the epitome of standard superhero ability.They all lack imagination.as said,ripping your arm and throwing it is atleast trying something.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

He seems to be developing the standard Kryptonian powers so far. Heat Vision, super strength, super hearing. I don't think it's TTK either considering his Heat Vision looks exactly like Clark's.
    Sporadically and inconsistently to the point where holographic Jor-El wasn't able to really notice anything. So we don't know for sure exactly how his powers work.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/kryptonsi...-todd-helbing/

Solid interview that teases some stuff without spoiling. One item of interest is Episode 7 will be where we get Luthor’s backstory.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    http://www.kryptonsite.com/kryptonsi...-todd-helbing/

Solid interview that teases some stuff without spoiling. One item of interest is Episode 7 will be where we get Luthor’s backstory.
    So...my takeaways:

- I wonder if one of the Metropolis kids is going to mock Jon for his breakup. That would sting.

- It sounds like the Superman of Captain Luthor's Earth went more in the direction of Jordan rather than Clark.

- Captain Luthor learning Lois married Superman is going to be so hilarious .

- RIP Cape Clap costume.

- The lack of overt crossovers or ties to the Arrowverse was more a consequence of COVID than intentional on the writers' parts given the planned crossover with Batwoman. They just couldn't find a way to organically fit anything in. I do hope we get to see Flash show up so long as Grant is still playing Barry. Although you'd think they could at least mention Kara.

- Jordan's powers have fallback on Jon...like, Jon needing to cover up or take the blame for something Jordan did? Or having to help him get used to it?

- I'm kind of wondering where the Clark/House of El lineage element comes in. Maybe Jordan's anxiety disorder is an El family thing?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What's weird is how Covid kind of worked for the show. By forcing them to keep out all other references to the rest of the universe. My theory of the evil Superman is that he was found by someone other than the Kents. Obviously not the Luthors in his universe. Both Smallville and the Superboy TV show explored the "what if he was raised by someone else" plot. Of course both of those examples he was adopted by the Luthors. I'm not complaining too much the cape clasps are gone. My guess is Jonathon will act to Jordan what Lois is to Clark in terms of covering for his powers.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...my takeaways:

- I wonder if one of the Metropolis kids is going to mock Jon for his breakup. That would sting.

- It sounds like the Superman of Captain Luthor's Earth went more in the direction of Jordan rather than Clark.

- Captain Luthor learning Lois married Superman is going to be so hilarious .

- RIP Cape Clap costume.

- The lack of overt crossovers or ties to the Arrowverse was more a consequence of COVID than intentional on the writers' parts given the planned crossover with Batwoman. They just couldn't find a way to organically fit anything in. I do hope we get to see Flash show up so long as Grant is still playing Barry. Although you'd think they could at least mention Kara.

- Jordan's powers have fallback on Jon...like, Jon needing to cover up or take the blame for something Jordan did? Or having to help him get used to it?

- I'm kind of wondering where the Clark/House of El lineage element comes in. Maybe Jordan's anxiety disorder is an El family thing?
    Maybe jordan is sort of jon's kryptonite.It might be an allegory to how the relationship is with jon being constantly trying to be a martyr.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Really nice to have the show back. This episode was very strong overall.

Really felt for Jordan this episode. That heat vision crying scene was pretty powerful. The paralleling of Jordan and Clark was handled really well, and really rounded out Clark's character. Lois' stuff with Luthor progressing was also appreciated. And of course Jon Kent the patron saint of good dudes goes above and beyond once again.

Next episode we'll possibly get a bit more understanding on Jordan's powers, and we'll see how the boy's come back together. This show is hell bent on putting Jon through the mill and taking away as much from him as possible. Now he may never play football again.

I'm finding that Clark hasn't been very active in any of the main plotlines for the past few episodes since Lois has taken on both the Stranger plotline and the Edge stuff. And Jon is the one more actively involved in Jordan's plots. But it still works because of how he's ultimately used.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Besides maybe the pilot, best episode so far! Its juggling everything thats going on really well.
    -Hoechlin nailing it as both the dorky assistant coach and the scary alien here
    -that train scene didn't have the best cgi
    -Damnit Kyle, could it be more obvious that Edge just wants to bone your wife?
    -So are both brothers off the team now right? It would be weird if Clark let Jordan keep playing after losing control of heatvision AND breaking Jon's hand.
    -We've seen a couple of times that Kryptonite usually isn't enough to take Clark down, at least not if doesn't hit anything vital, maybe this x-kryptonite will be the more dangerous version?
    -you know that Powell guy's face looked a lot like Jordan's in the end when he spontaniously combusted.
    -really curious about the facility of metahumans that Sam Lane is running, doesn't sound like an ethical run place at all.
    -weren't we almost about to get some weird Lois and Lex show about them solving mysteries before this happened? lol, guess this is the closest we'd get to seeing that. Anyway looks like next week we'll get some answers.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 05-19-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Spectacular Member

Anybody noticed when Clark removed the kryptonite from suit it healed by itself? Is this the New 52 Kryptonian armor suit? Also this Luthor isn't a villain. Is he Alexander Luthor from earth 3?

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Anybody noticed when Clark removed the kryptonite from suit it healed by itself? Is this the New 52 Kryptonian armor suit? Also this Luthor isn't a villain. Is he Alexander Luthor from earth 3?
    They might have it be nanotech which I thought was a cool update of the suit in the New 52. Also a couple of us have speculated this Luthor is a take on Alexander Luthor, but we don’t know yet. We’ll be getting his backstory in Episode 7.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think the seeds have been sown for their direction with Jon with this episode, and if true I'm mostly okay with it. This is primarily because a friend sent me an interview where the show creators say that "at his core Jonathan's a good guy who's close with his brother and will always stick up for him. I don't think he has it in him to go dark."

That really helped calm me down regarding where they intend to take him.

Speaking of which, I think we're going to see Jon at the end of his rope. He's going to be out for 6 to 8 weeks, and even then he may never be the QB he once was. That's where I think Luthor giving Lois the X kryptonite for the story will come into play. I think Jon's going to find it, and I think it may react to him because of his DNA (or Edge may play a part unfortunately). Then we'll get Jon basically keeping the secret of how he got his powers from his family, and it'll be the clear steroid/dug abuse metaphor I've been somewhat dreading.

Both boys will probably have powers for like half a season or a few episodes, and we'll get some lashing out and maybe even a scuffle between the boys, but nothing bad. But then Jon gets found out and has to give them up. Then he'll be back to normal and have to deal with the fallout because most things have to be a challenge for this kid. Then later down the line when he gets powers for real Clark will most assuredly say "are you using X kryptonite again". But it's likely the XK woke up something that may never have woken up in him.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superman chasing Tag is probably as close as we're going to get to a Superman and Flash race for a while. I do want to see this show use Barry though because I feel like they could probably do a great job with Flash away from his own show where he can only effectively give pep talks.

I get Tag is a confused kid but if not for Superman he could've killed everyone on that train...

Sam really leaned hard into the General Lane persona here where he's willing to kill a kid with unstable powers to protect his family and the country, and that obviously gets Clark concerned. Also doesn't sound like the DoD facility with powered kids is all that wholesome.

Got a lot of Secret Origins vibes with Jordan struggling with his Heat Vision and Super-Hearing together at school. I guess Tag's punches kicked his powers in somehow? Is it the X-Kryptonite effect?

Jon's ex moved on quick.

I mean, Jordan's an emotional and kind of bratty kid, but I get why. He's had emotional anxiety his whole life, has been picked on constantly, and suddenly has powers that are turning his life around. Is it any wonder he would be so willing to give in to self-satisfaction and his base emotions? He didn't have the benefit Clark did of growing up with them from the start and building up a level of restraint and control that Clark still has to keep on top of even after years and years of being Superman.

How long is this show going to punish Jon for being the best brother? He finally gets his chance to be a quarterback but his attempt to stop Jordan lands him in a cast and could have quite possibly killed his football chances. It's like nothing is going right for him on this show...which is probably intentional to build him up, but still.

I can't think of a better Superman "dad" moment than containing his son's heat vision with his hand.

I can actually see where Kyle is coming from and why the Lang/Cushing's are so willing to give Edge the benefit of the doubt when it doesn't seem like the town has a real alternative. I'm glad Kyle was able to get over himself and be proud of his wife and treat her, even if Lana helping Lois probably won't do their marriage any favors.

Obviously Captain Luthor's masquerade doesn't hold up long while he's working with Lois Lane. I wonder how long Edge is going to leave Lois alone with how much she knows now. I mean, she saw the X-Kryptonite and that his assistant has powers. I guess she doesn't have any evidence, but it's definitely a liability.

I saw some people speculate Jon was able to use super-speed to catch Jordan's hand in time before the punch happened and it interrupted the slo-mo. Could that be possible? I thought for a second his own strength kicked in since it seemed like they were setting up a "powers" moment but he's obviously not invulnerable.

So does the government know Tag's powers are Kryptonian based? Why would they even bring Kryptonite bullets to begin with otherwise?

I think this is the most ticked we've seen Hoechlin's Superman. He really did not like getting shot with Kryptonite bullets that he then immediately shrugs off because he's Superman. It's never a smart idea to shoot Superman.

There's just too much going on for Clark to properly deal with. Tag and the DoD, his wife's investigation getting her almost killed (but that's the usual), his kids' problems...

Clark saying how a reporter having a ray gun doesn't make sense reminds me of Lois having that Hellbat gauntlet during the Rebirth run.