Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1897
    Mighty Member

I don't think he knows. I think whatever sent him to this Earth occurred that first time he fought his Earth's Kal-El. He hasn't seen Nat since that last conversation we saw.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

I don't think she's dead. Maybe John thinks she's dead, and then we learn she's still alive? I don't see any way John would team up with Superman if his daughter were actually dead, and I think a team-up is where all of this is going (he's just too sympathetic to remain a 100% antagonist).

I never expected the "Man of Steel" title was going to end up referring to the only other character in the mythos who fits that description the most, but wow .

In hindsight "Captain Luthor" being John Henry Irons makes so much more sense than him being a racebent Luthor. Like, the fact that he didn't really feel like Lex and they were making him so sympathetic and armor/tech based. Of course he turns out to be Steel, complete with his hammer .

It's kind of surreal that Steel, who became a hero inspired by Superman, is instead inspired to do good because of how much he hates Superman and how much his Superman stole from him. I'm assuming he won't become Steel Steel until he finally learns to accept and embrace Earth-1 Superman. Although I think he'll probably have to learn the truth about Lois and the Kents, and maybe his own Superman, before that happens.

Super-Hearing always seems like the hardest power to master, or at least the one that hurts the most. I guess when you can hear anything and everything it's just really hard to control and just focus to drown out all the noise. As someone with sensitive hearing, I can actually really relate.

So Edge has Lana pick out five leadership candidates (presumably people compatible with X-Kryptonite) and there were five Kryptonians (including Superman) that attacked John Henry's Earth. It seems like the decisive factor that created the evil Superman was X-Kryptonite. If it's true that it allows some form of possession or control, it could end up vindicating the Superman of John Henry's Earth and letting him trust Earth-1 Supes.

Leslie was the only person who was able to completely accept the X-Kryptonite? I guess that explains why she's the only one who has demonstrated the complete Kryptonian powerset.

Even when Jon is mad at Jordan (for good reason) he still is playing best wingman for his brother. Jordan had no right to confront him like that (especially when he complained about Clark listening in on them) and I totally get why Jon lost at him. I hope they don't go the love triangle route with Sarah because they deserve better than that, but it was probably time for Jon to let loose like that, and the brothers still came together and saved Clark. Does he also have a chance with that popular girl? Here's hoping.

Is there a chance that Natasha exists on Earth-1 and is the niece of the deceased John Henry Irons and he reconnects with her? I don't think she survived Crisis just because it would be really awkward having her around the Kents and Earth-1 Lois, even if it would probably make John happier.

I continue to love this show. My favorite other Superman has shown up. I also hope we see Natasha (?) Irons again. Oh, and the Jon-Jordan rescue moment was sweet as was John's glimmers of character development at school. This show rocks.

I just wanted to say those things.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-26-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

-Laughed at seeing Clark use arctic breath to get Jordan’s attention
    -That Edge keeps referring to Lana as one of the people who has “leadership potential”... have we been looking at this the wrong way? Maybe his interest isn’t sexual, maybe he’s eyeing Lana as a candidate as someone to give powers too (under his control). Post Reborn Lana got her Superwoman powers from Kryptonite after all.
    -I loved the portrayal of Jordan learning how to control his super hearing, so many people don’t think Clark has to train to master his powers, (I know MoS also portrayed controlling hearing as a struggle) so it’s really cool whenever it’s acknowledged that Clark had to train to learn control. We’ve seen strength and now hearing
    -Woah that shot when Clark and the other Kryptonians start leveling Metropolis was pretty damn great effects wise, looked straight out of MoS
    -Ok I loved that Jon got kind of pissed at Sarah for not asking him about his broken wrist and instead making it all about where Jordan was
    -Loved Clark “oh s***” look when the AI said “Captain Luthor”
    -“I’m definitely starting to think your new friend is a Luthor”
    -Lmao at Clark leaving the Edge thugs on those buttes
    -Laughed at Lois getting mad at Irons going full on Rambo (that sticky grenade was pretty sick)
    -Please let Jon get a gf, it’s the least he deserves after all his suffering
    -Oh s*** Evil Clark killing Lois was kind of something I was thinking might happen, makes for a change from the usual Evil Superman stories we get
    -That sequence of Irons and Nat building the suit was really cool! I kinda hope we get a repeat with him building a “proper” Steel mech suit, he’s already built a glove that lets him summon his hammer!
    -I’m glad Jon got to chew Jordan out over spying on him
    -Red Solar lamps huh? They’re breaking out all the weaknesses lol. Wonder if they’ll bring in magic at some point
    -Holy **** that hammer uppercut was sick, damn that whole kinetic hammer gimmick is actually pretty sick. Is it weird that I actually enjoyed seeing Supes get beat up lmao?
    -Hey the boys finally get to save Clark! It was cool to see Jon get to be the one who saves the day
    -I laughed when they started celebrating all the crazy crap they did
    -I love that motto John and Nat had, and that ending did touch me, I hope John can eventually go home or at least save this world

Guess next week we’ll see Clark and John really talk. Looking forward to that!
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-26-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Question Re:

Forgot to add this speculation -

I don't think the characters are simply getting powers rather that they are also being possessed by something. Edge has used the term "host" or "hosts" several times as has his superpowered assistant. So, yeah, there seems to be more going on here than a mere power-up even under the nefarious influence of Morgan Edge.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I get the impression that the Hammer is quite heavy. Which was cool because Jon was able to lift it, albeit a little bit and with a busted arm no less, to smash the solar lights.

Also, in addition to the aforementioned Rambo line from Lois, another good laugh was when she called Irons' van the creepermobile or whatever
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 05-27-2021 at 05:19 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

What a cool twist. I wonder how many people cared who don't know John Henry Irons.

Would be cool to see him become a permanent part of the cast. Once he gets over his whole wanting to kill Superman thing...

Nat would be a great addition too! Maybe Irons could befriend the one on this world. She could have some fun interactions with the boys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I get the impression that the Hammer is quite heavy. Which was cool because Jon was able to lift it, albeit a little bit and with a busted arm no less, to smash the solar lights.

Also, in addition to the aforementioned Rambo line from Lois, another good laugh was when she called Irons' van the creepermobile or whatever
    I like that John appeared a little hurt by that comment, lol. They they followed it up with him tearing up after Lois left and I was sad for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I like that John appeared a little hurt by that comment, lol. They they followed it up with him tearing up after Lois left and I was sad for him again.
    Yeah, finding out he watched Superman vaporize his Lois and they had a daughter honestly made me feel more bad for him than I was expecting to.

I really wonder how he's going to take learning Lois married this Earth's Superman and had kids with him.

Edge's scheme to turn Lana's choices into supers is pretty funny. They are all so unassuming and look like middle management.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Edge's scheme to turn Lana's choices into supers is pretty funny. They are all so unassuming and look like middle management.
    I guess that makes it easier to possess them, but wasn't he also looking for people with leadership capabilities? I wonder if there's an exact criteria he's looking for.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Also I don't think I can fully express how satisfying it was to have Jon tell Jordan off in that particular way after everything, and then still having the grace and good character to help his brother without question and not hold a grudge. I could've eaten the whole thing with a spoon.
    Oh yeah, Jordan DEFINITELY had it coming, and it's always good to see that Jon still is a good natured kid still. After all the sacrifices Jon has made for Jordan, it was nice to have him stand up for himself. Also I hope Sara doesn’t take interest in Jon (or if she does, he shuts her down).

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Oh yeah, Jordan DEFINITELY had it coming, and it's always good to see that Jon still is a good natured kid still. After all the sacrifices Jon has made for Jordan, it was nice to have him stand up for himself. Also I hope Sara doesn’t take interest in Jon (or if she does, he shuts her down).
    Even the specific way Jon tells him off is perfect. He doesn't call him a jerk, *******, or something else specifically insulting, but rather he says "you're just a bad person". And the way that it plays off the fact that Jon's the only one that doesn't treat Jordan with kid gloves, and playfully teases with good natured put downs makes the "I never believed any of it" lead up to that line even more perfect.

Basically saying "you hide behind all of this, but in reality you're kind of just selfish and shitty and expect to get away with it".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeJP View Post
    What a cool twist. I wonder how many people cared who don't know John Henry Irons.

Would be cool to see him become a permanent part of the cast. Once he gets over his whole wanting to kill Superman thing...

Nat would be a great addition too! Maybe Irons could befriend the one on this world. She could have some fun interactions with the boys.
    Technically since she is John Henry's and Lois' daughter she shouldn't have a counterpart on Earth-1, bur I wouldn't be surprised if they ignored that.

I'm actually expecting this John Irons to die in the season finale but for them to bring in the Earth-One counterpart next season.