Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1897

Tyler Hoechlin Wants to Be Superman For a Long Time

Tyler Hoechlin distinctly remembers the day he was cast as The CW’s Superman in June of 2016. While driving back from a road trip to Zion National Park with his brother, Hoechlin received an unexpected phone call from his reps just as the pair was passing through Las Vegas. About a week earlier, he had met with executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg to discuss the idea of introducing the Man of Steel in the second season of Supergirl—but didn’t know what he was walking into until an hour before the meeting.

“One of my agents called me and said, ‘Hey, I think I might know what your meeting’s about.’ And they sent me this article that they were looking to cast Superman, and I was like, ‘Okay, maybe… Who knows?’” Hoechlin says over Zoom in a recent interview. “I went in and we talked for about a half an hour and got to know each other better. They said, ‘We’re looking to do this. Is that something you’d be interested in?’ And I said, ‘Yeah, sure. Let’s talk about it!’ We just talked about the character, what we found interesting about him, and it was just that one meeting.”
    That title gave me a sense of deja vu, didn’t Cavill have an article with same headline in this very magazine? Hope Hoechlin actually gets to fulfill that goal!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That title gave me a sense of deja vu, didn’t Cavill have an article with same headline in this very magazine? Hope Hoechlin actually gets to fulfill that goal!
    Well, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he's probably the most well-received live-action Superman in a long time, even to some who were skeptical of him from his appearances in Supergirl, so I think he's got a great shot .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

First time an episode felt just kind of meh to me. Maybe because the last episode seemed like it wrapped it up nicely for the season and was action (and Steel) packed. Frankly, the previous three were all pretty great, so this one seemed less impressive and rather boring in comparison imo. Def more of a plot mover than anything else.

Lois
    -“in the off chance that I’m wrong”
    -“I need to stay mad so I can scare Jordan”

Jon
    -budding bond with John Henry

John
    -we're soooo close to having the S on the Steel suit

Edge
    -seems like he’s trying to channel his inner Terrance Stamp in a lot of scenes, particularly when he’s yelling at Clark
    -actually becoming the Eradicator is pretty sweet. Def need some kind of visor though!

Clark
    -dorky Dad moment: respect what your teachers are trying to do
    -giving Irons the home cooked meal
    -straight up buds with John Henry
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Looks like S2 will start filming in Sept: https://twitter.com/pursuit23/status...951145475?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The show has its own version of Steel, Superboy (Jordan) and now also the Eradicator. It only miss Cyborg Superman appearing and Clark can really start worry to make it through next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The show has its own version of Steel, Superboy (Jordan) and now also the Eradicator. It only miss Cyborg Superman appearing and Clark can really start worry to make it through next season.
    I’ve seen a couple people wonder if they’re going to do Death/Reign at some point. I hope not, for one I doubt they could do anything we haven’t already seen, and for two I really don’t want this degenerating into what the Flash has become where it’s endless evil speedsters except replace “speedster” with “Kryptonian”. I’ll take Brainiac over that thanks.

I’ve seen a couple people wonder if they’re going to do Death/Reign at some point. I hope not, for one I doubt they could do anything we haven’t already seen, and for two I really don’t want this degenerating into what the Flash has become where it’s endless evil speedsters except replace “speedster” with “Kryptonian”. I’ll take Brainiac over that thanks.
    Does Doomsday and Cyborg-Superman count as Kryptonian's? Although I don't see them rehashing Death/Reign at this point, at least not until maybe a season 3 or 4.

Funnily enough it's probably one of the few major Super storylines that Supergirl never tried adapting.

Incredible Member

Any version of Death & Return in this series would necessarily be different from anything we've seen before, because it would imply Jon and Jordan become orphans and Lois becomes not just a widow but also a single mother.

That said, I'm hoping they don't do that for a while. And yeah, too many final villains being Superman mirrors would be falling into the same trap as The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Doomsday and Cyborg-Superman count as Kryptonian's? Although I don't see them rehashing Death/Reign at this point, at least not until maybe a season 3 or 4.

Funnily enough it's probably one of the few major Super storylines that Supergirl never tried adapting.
    I’d say Doomsday doesn’t, but I’m also wary of the CW’s ability to make Doomsday look good, which is probably why the CW never tried to adapt it (that or Snyder/Krypton using Doomsday prohibited them from doing so). Cyborg Superman though I’d say yeah, he’s just another evil Kryptonian with technopath powers added on. Plus his whole thing is he’s an “evil Superman” and this season has been all about exploring that. I’d rather we not do repeats back to back, although I’m sure they’ll want to circle back around to similar plot themes at some point.

I’d say Doomsday doesn’t, but I’m also wary of the CW’s ability to make Doomsday look good, which is probably why the CW never tried to adapt it (that or Snyder/Krypton using Doomsday prohibited them from doing so). Cyborg Superman though I’d say yeah, he’s just another evil Kryptonian with technopath powers added on. Plus his whole thing is he’s an “evil Superman” and this season has been all about exploring that. I’d rather we not do repeats back to back, although I’m sure they’ll want to circle back around to similar plot themes at some point.
    Do you think Mongul would have to be all CGI or a physical actor could do it?

Mighty Member

Personally, I think Brainiac should be next year's Big Bad. Supergirl hasn't really touched him and he's a character that can sustain a season long arc easy enough.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Given Smallville lasted 10 years, it's achievable.

Do you think Mongul would have to be all CGI or a physical actor could do it?
    That’s a question I’ve been asking myself. I do think it’s possible to do Mongul as a physical actor, and frankly I would try to do so to not blow through the CGI budget and end up with where the Flash is. But I have no clue who to cast, dude would need to be huge in both height and muscle mass. But frankly Warworld as a whole is not something I think can be done on a CW budget, even one with a higher than normal one such as this show. HBO Max would need to fork over some money and that’s not likely to happen now that they’ve got their own project in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Personally, I think Brainiac should be next year's Big Bad. Supergirl hasn't really touched him and he's a character that can sustain a season long arc easy enough.
    Brainiac is my choice as well. The way I would structure it is that the first three seasons center a member of the family (or two in the twins case). S1 has been focused on Clark, Edge is focused on him and doesn’t really care about the rest of the family. So next season I would have Brainiac as the big bad and his focus is on the twins. He wants to capture and dissect them to figure out how their hybrid status works. Why does one have powers and the other doesn’t? He hires a group of henchmen, I’d go with Lobo, Terra-Man, a few other lesser known Superman Rogues as well to track down and capture the kids. Third season would be focused on Lois and I would use Conduit. I know one of the writers is a huge fan of Jurgens so Conduit feels like a good fit. He’s from Smallville so he has a reason to show up, I’d change his backstory to be that Lois outed and humiliated him for criminal activity through her journalism and now he wants revenge on her and Clark. Fourth season would be the final one and would be about Clark training Jordan & Jon to take over for him, and I’d personally use a rebooted Manchester Black as the bad guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Given Smallville lasted 10 years, it's achievable.
    Man that was a different era. I can’t see this show lasting that long, nor do I really want it to. The Flash is a zombie show at this point, continuing on simply because it’s profitable and people aren’t willing to walk away just yet. I’d hate to see S&L end up like that, four seasons feels solid enough for me.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say he's probably the most well-received live-action Superman in a long time, even to some who were skeptical of him from his appearances in Supergirl, so I think he's got a great shot .
    They gave him nothing to work with on Supergirl. S&L shows he's got what it takes to be a Man of Steel.

Slowly catching up right now and he's doing a damn fine job.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

That’s a question I’ve been asking myself. I do think it’s possible to do Mongul as a physical actor, and frankly I would try to do so to not blow through the CGI budget and end up with where the Flash is. But I have no clue who to cast, dude would need to be huge in both height and muscle mass. But frankly Warworld as a whole is not something I think can be done on a CW budget, even one with a higher than normal one such as this show. HBO Max would need to fork over some money and that’s not likely to happen now that they’ve got their own project in the works.
    Yeah, that'd be tough. Only possible thing I can see for Doomsday is if they can use the one already made for Krypton since it's collecting dust - but that'd be it. Mongul would be cool as a one-off, though.

Brainiac is my choice as well. The way I would structure it is that the first three seasons center a member of the family (or two in the twins case). S1 has been focused on Clark, Edge is focused on him and doesn’t really care about the rest of the family. So next season I would have Brainiac as the big bad and his focus is on the twins. He wants to capture and dissect them to figure out how their hybrid status works. Why does one have powers and the other doesn’t? He hires a group of henchmen, I’d go with Lobo, Terra-Man, a few other lesser known Superman Rogues as well to track down and capture the kids. Third season would be focused on Lois and I would use Conduit. I know one of the writers is a huge fan of Jurgens so Conduit feels like a good fit. He’s from Smallville so he has a reason to show up, I’d change his backstory to be that Lois outed and humiliated him for criminal activity through her journalism and now he wants revenge on her and Clark. Fourth season would be the final one and would be about Clark training Jordan & Jon to take over for him, and I’d personally use a rebooted Manchester Black as the bad guy.
    Brainiac would be the best idea, too, imo. Funny enough, this show has done so many things differently than what I'm expecting, I'm excited for what's to come. But there's something in the back of my mind that's still saying Kyle becomes Conduit.

Man that was a different era. I can’t see this show lasting that long, nor do I really want it to. The Flash is a zombie show at this point, continuing on simply because it’s profitable and people aren’t willing to walk away just yet. I’d hate to see S&L end up like that, four seasons feels solid enough for me.
    True - it's going to depend on the writing, but I could see S&L going longer if they keep the family as the focus. I definitely get where you're coming from, though.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/