Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Why are superheroes always assumed to be able to just acquire anything they want? If ordinary soldiers don't have suits like that, how is Superman supposed to just come up with one? I know Batman gets access to stuff Waynetech is developing before it gets widespread belief. And there are guys like Mr. Terrific or Tony Stark who could develop tech on a whim. But Superman is no longer shown as being that inventive in most takes and most K-weapons that penetrate his skin are stuff that would also do the same to most real-life armors (bulletproof vests, flak jackets, etc.)
    Comic Clark has mech suits/armor/protective gear in his Fortress that he could easily wear, but we don’t know if this Post-Crisis Hoechlin Clark has that stuff anymore. Plus he didn’t really have time to go get it and come back without risking people dying. So yeah I agree that it’s no sure thing that Clark actually had gear he could’ve worn.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superman's hearing is ridiculous in this show. He hears a back robbery in Mexico.... from Kansas?!
    The J-man

BANNED

So...do we talk about that twist in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Have to admit…I didn’t see that one coming. Jor-El has quite a bit of explaining to do.

A lot of us are watching the show when it hits the streaming app, so maybe give it until noon tomorrow and then go nuts. I must admit I’m intrigued that you say there’s another twist.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Yeah, like spoilers:
    is he H'el because I don't think it's Zod (I hope it's not Zod)
    end of spoilers
    I LOVE this show!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yeah, like spoilers:
    is he H'el because I don't think it's Zod (I hope it's not Zod)
    end of spoilers
    I LOVE this show!!!!!

spoilers:
    I think he's probably Zod, The body possessing phantom zone kryptonians plot is drawn from the Smallville tv show, where if I recall Zod had a habit of calling Clark "brother." but idk, Its been a long time since i watched that show show. Some other possibilities are: Jax-Ur, Rogol Zarr (ew), H'El and Knor-El.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 06-08-2021 at 11:57 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon is getting more and more resourceful.I hope they don't make him batman.Beating others to feel good about himself as the motive...
    “I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember, my hand, at your throat, I want you to remember, the one man who beat you.”
    This is just pathetic.
    spoilers:
    That last scene with clark and whomever was great though.I wonder if they could do Aethyr the oversoul.It's zod.smallville had the same plotline and they would use someone familiar to general audience.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-09-2021 at 02:28 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

When Lana described Edge's "work" as self improvement, I couldn't help but draw comparisons between the way Edge lured these people in and what NXIVM was revealed to have been doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When Lana described Edge's "work" as self improvement, I couldn't help but draw comparisons between the way Edge lured these people in and what NXIVM was revealed to have been doing.
    You were not the only one to make that connection! I had the same thought.....

Incredible Member

Why didn't they also burn off the synthetic kryptonite inside Clark?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

He could just be delusional. The EO books did something similar. Where Zod was his uncle. So maybe it's a situation like that. I'm actually glad that the Smallville citizens aren't completely "possessed" by the Kryptonians. But, yeah, this needs to be explained. It would be interesting if he was also raised on Earth. But I doubt it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

I think he's just his brother in the sense that he's also an Earth-raised alien. Connects with the "Subjekt-17" inspiration some of us have speculated about, in that he'd also be an Earth-raised alien that wants a "brotherhood" relationship with Superman but is angry because Clark picks humans over him. Also would thematically fit with this Clark wondering if he'd ever choose Kryptonians over humans, and Edge would be his "dark reflection" in that regard.

Also, loved the episode. Felt it was the most balanced in giving focus to everyone, be it the 4 members of the family, the Lang-Cushings (except Sophie, of course, who might as well not exist for all she's used or even mentioned) and Sam.

EDIT: Preview shows what seems to be young Morgan Edge (he shows up when Edge talks about "making people afraid") running away from an Air Force base. I'm more and more convinced he's an adaptation of Subjekt-17.
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 06-09-2021 at 10:26 AM.

How exactly does the Kryptonian brainwashing work? Like, otherwise the people possessed are fine and feel better, but then a switch turns them into the Kryptonian hidden within their body? Is that how it works?

Nice to see Superman stopping some normal crime, albeit with some difficulty, and speaking Spanish .

I want Jon to have some romantic success, but Sarah's warning makes me think he's going to get his heart broken again. At least he got to help out against Edge's people.

Ice Breath is cool up until you have like a cold and you freeze yourself every time you sneeze.

I gotta be honest, I feel like they should've gone to the Fortress way sooner than they did.

So Leslie Lar isn't her real name, because obviously she's Lesla-Lar posing as a human.

Sam really got put through the wringer, with finding out he inadvertently poisoned his son-in-law, his grandson, and any and all respect his daughter and other grandson had in him. At least he got to make up for it and save Lois and Jon and justify the existence of anti-Superman weaponry. But I'm kind of surprised he didn't bring up the fact that the weapons were probably designed before Clark married Lois, so it's not like he was trying to murder her husband, unless they're more recent than I'm giving them credit for.

So...I'm guessing Lucy doesn't exist anymore? Like, she never comes up in conversations between Lois and Sam when, logically, she would considering Lois' younger sister probably had it harder than Lois did growing up dealing with the same issues. I keep expecting them to bring her up, but they don't. Did they think this show had enough sibling relationship without needing to talk about Lois'? Or Sam would seem worse if he screwed up with two daughters? I dunno, feels kind of weird.

If you think Jordan getting lasered is rough, just think that Clark had to go through that alone when he was poisoned by Kryptonite .

Poor Sarah gets bailed on (for justifiable reasons) by Jordan while her dad finally redeems himself only to turn out to now be possessed by a Kryptonian. At least he's sober now? The girl just can't get a reliable male figure in her life .

So Jordan finally has Ice Breath and his hearing is to the point where he can pick up the signal as well as Clark can.

Poor Smallville not only has become a hotbed for Kryptonite but the populace has absorbed so much of it that it makes them perfect for possession by Kryptonians. It's like the new Meteor Freaks.

This show has been so much about the two brothers that it makes sense that the main villain would end up being Superman's brother, or at least self-proclaimed, which I guess is a better twist than it just turning out to be Zod even if there's a lot of explaining they'll have to do. I don't think he's actually Clark's biological brother but it'll be interesting to see what happens now. Edge doesn't look like he's sporting the House of El crest, at least.