Page 56 of 127 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was wondering if HBO Max ends up poaching this show like they’re poaching Pennyworth (God what a stupid show).
    How is that show still on the air? I don't even know what channel it's on. Like what is the audience for that?

I think there is probably a solid chance it goes full HBO Max at some point. I think the passing on the Wonder Girl show was probably the signal that the Arrowverse is on its way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was wondering if HBO Max ends up poaching this show like they’re poaching Pennyworth (God what a stupid show).
    I feel like Pennyworth is really stretching how much you can take an established property and then use it for whatever crazy show you actually want to write for while using established names that have no business being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    How is that show still on the air? I don't even know what channel it's on. Like what is the audience for that?

I think there is probably a solid chance it goes full HBO Max at some point. I think the passing on the Wonder Girl show was probably the signal that the Arrowverse is on its way out.
    I guess it’s Epix’s biggest hit? That’s insane to me but I had never even heard of Epix before Pennyworth so I guess there’s some truth to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Pennyworth is really stretching how much you can take an established property and then use it for whatever crazy show you actually want to write for while using established names that have no business being there.
    It’s such a stupid premise and I have no clue how it’s done so well. Power of the Bat Brand I guess. I must admit it’s depressing how everything has to be connected to superheroes or cinematic universes these days.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I don't think there is going to be much of an Arrowverse to crossover with in a few years. Black Lightening, Legends, and Supergirl are all done after this season. Flash just lost two of the main cast and I can see Gustin moving on after another year or so. I think they are likely going to play softly on the whole connected universe bit - Diggle may be the only thing we see if he's still appearing and not just directing - and just silo this off with Stargirl as the HBO Max superhero series.
    You scared me for a minute, but then I remembered Legends is already renewed for S7.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    You scared me for a minute, but then I remembered Legends is already renewed for S7.
    I thought this was it's last, but you're right it's getting a seventh season. I though when Dominikc Purcell said he wasn't coming back it announced it was the final season anyway.

BANNED

Looks like they are bringing back the Fleisher suit!

And it's with Lois, so that episode almost definitely will be a flashback.

http://www.justjared.com/2021/05/04/...n-lois-photos/

Attachment 109229

Attachment 109230

Tyler looks beautiful in that suit and the candids with Bitsie Tulloch look so joyful.

They look happy. I feel happy looking at them.

"Man of Steel" synopsis.

DAVID RAMSEY DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) struggles to help Jordan (Alex Garfin) who is grappling with a new power. Meanwhile, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) enlists Clark’s help which leads to a surprise encounter. Emmanuelle Chriqui, Jordan Elsass, Dylan Walsh, Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette and Wole Parks also star.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Up to episode 3 so far and I'm liking it. The brothers are highly annoying though. I do like that his sons aren't attached to his hip like the comics since Rebirth.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Haven't watched yet, how are people liking this show? Is it more or less comparable to the other CW shows in strengths and weaknesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Haven't watched yet, how are people liking this show? Is it more or less comparable to the other CW shows in strengths and weaknesses?
    I would say on its own terms I'm really enjoying it as a Superman show. It's pretty different from the other CW Superhero shows.

Amazing Member

So far i really like it, it feels different than other CW shows...but that is the case with most CW shows when they start.
    Only Batwoman right from the start felt very CW sadly.

But i fear that they will add the usual CW nonsense with the focus being on love triangles and stuff.
    I also fear that Lois and Clark will soon be more in the background to focus on the teenager drama...which would suck.

We will see, but so far im a fan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Up to episode 3 so far and I'm liking it. The brothers are highly annoying though. I do like that his sons aren't attached to his hip like the comics since Rebirth.
    I mean, they are annoying in exactly the way that real kids are annoying which I love tbh.

They actually act like kids vs the trend in most of these shows where the kids act like they are 30.

The presence of Lois and Clark as the clear adults in the picture make it clear these kids are just that....kids. Prone to outbursts and annoying but also wonderful behavior.

As a parent to a soon to be teenager and a 10 year - old Jon and Jordan are annoying in a lot of ways kids are. If anything Jon handles a lot of the things in this series remarkably well for a teen.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It takes a lot of the best elements from all the previous versions and puts it together in a way that's, if not realistic, is at least down to Earth and more grounded than previous versions.
    Assassinate Putin!

I love it, haven’t watched any TV in years but this got me watching every week. It’s very different from other CW shows, there’s no “Team Superman” unless you count Sam Lane, and that relationship seems to be deteriorating fast. The people in charge know their Superman lore and there are tons of exciting deep cuts that even might surprise veteran comic book readers. The weakest part is the sons, but they’re not outrageously obnoxious, just troublesome like kids always are, and I still like them well enough.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/