Page 87 of 127 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Because Superman's mom made the Eradicator, so I imagine she's the one allowance to what Edge said. Plus, in the New 52 she was part of the Military Guild, so that may continue to be the case here.

I sincerely doubt it'll be a Kon-El.

If not Lor-Zod or Xa-Du, then it'll be an original Kryptonian more than likely. Well, if it happens at all.

She was a inventor,all about resurrection, not anything military, she says as much.

Receiving a spirit called kon-el is a stretch, but it's always possible, we have a Steel and a Eradicator, you never know.

Jon acts just like how a 90s kon would act, GI jerknuts lol, come on, he is the embodiment of SB, and him getting in that machine and it changing him would be a great way to have BOTH kons on TV, both versions of him.

Oh and Dabney Donavan, come on it screams Cadmus and my (over the top) theory lol.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

-Huh ok I wasn’t expecting Lara as the source of Edge’s claim to be a “brother”
    -Hey they used a take on that spoof on Clark’s origin from Johns Superman & The Legion of Superheroes!

-“Eradicated too”? Oh I think I see where this is going lol. I actually do like the idea that Edge offers the chance to reunite Clark with his Kryptonian mother Lara, guessing that was what got that Superman on the other world to join up
    -Clark being able to sneak back into the house without any of the military personnel that are combing all over noticing is pretty damn impressive lol
    -Man the Jor-El AI sure is a dick in pretty much everything except Man of Steel ironically enough and hey they namedropped the Eradicator as the name for the machine! Like John Henry Irons this is a pretty cool take that feels obvious in hindsight
    -Wow connecting the Kryptonian consciousnesses with the Jor-El AI is actually brilliant? That is a really cool development. This has gotta be the most relevant Lara has been in any form of Superman media ever right?
    -Jon finally gets to be plot relevant and talk about the video he saw! It’s a good bit of drama, especially since he’s struggled with being the one without powers and thus probably doesn’t feel “Kryptonian” enough
    -Yooooo I loved Lois pulling a fast one on Kryptonian Kyle by bringing Kryptonite!
    -Heh so Lana complains that she thought Smallville was done with “weird stuff”, guess there were plenty more young Clark adventures, or maybe there were other weird events going on
    -Donovan is here? Hah!
    -Jon is fed up with lying and I respect that. He’s the one who has to cover for everyone so it feels right that he’s the one to start breaking the masquerade for Sarah.
    -Good analysis from Lois, her ability to read people is coming in handy here. Also laughed at her telling Clark he has to “go out the back” on account of all the soldiers
    -Lana being starstruck to see Superman in Smallville is perfect, we are used to seeing him and Lois is Lois but to everyone else this guy is a living guardian angel/rock star. I also like how Lana possess the same small town sense of collective responsibility as Clark does, that’s a nice way of reminding us that Clark’s morals come from lessons he learned from the Kents, but are also something that derive from Smallville’s culture as a whole
    -Damn Jon is really going off on Sam, I appreciate Sam letting them in to see Kyle (even if that meeting went about as awful as you expected)
    -Slightly uncomfortable at Clark’s Kryptonian mother’s consciousness being housed in his Ex-girlfriend lol
    -“It’s not lying I’m just being an optimist”
    -Hey we actually got an explanation for why there was only a Jor-El AI and not a Lara one as well!
    -Jordan comforting Sarah was nice
    -Lois and Lara get to talk! First time that’s ever happened I’m pretty sure, I like it.
    -“First and greatest hero” there you go, Clark was the first public hero post Crisis
    -Oh **** time for the big Kryptonian reunion!
    -The solar flare being used here is actually brilliant, did not think of that at all
    -Kyle’s Kryptonian consciousness is totally just hiding within him on account of the container he was in offering some protection from the blast right?
    -Edge doesn’t seem too distressed by the loss, wonder what he’s got planned?

Overall I’m not enthused about Edge being Clark’s actual Kryptonian brother, but this is a CW show revolving around family so the drama isn’t that out of place. I would’ve preferred if he was an artificial created “son” at most and that’s why he considered Clark his brother, a mix of Eradicator and H’el.

Next up we get two flashback episodes with a young Clark in his early career! Can’t wait!
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-16-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    She was a inventor,all about resurrection, not anything military, she says as much.

Receiving a spirit called kon-el is a stretch, but it's always possible, we have a Steel and a Eradicator, you never know.

Jon acts just like how a 90s kon would act, GI jerknuts lol, come on, he is the embodiment of SB, and him getting in that machine and it changing him would be a great way to have BOTH kons on TV, both versions of him.

Oh and Dabney Donavan, come on it screams Cadmus and my (over the top) theory lol.
    Oh no, I have no doubt that this is all one big Reign of The Supermen reference of a season, but I very much doubt anyone will be named Kon-El by the end of it. And I doubt Jon will just whole sale be turned into Conner 90s or not.

There's a very, very recent interview where Jon's actor talks about how he'd much rather Jon get powers temporarily in a similar way to Clark being infected by red Kryptonite. He makes the red kryptonite reference in two interviews.

In Smallville red k would mess with Clark mentally and bring out the worst in him. That's why I'm guessing the phantom that's inside Kyle would be the most likely take inhabit Jon for a bit. It's the only phantom that has expressed an specific interest in Jon, so the struggle for who has the driver seat will have some meat to it. Jon's actor also talked about how everything that he's been bottling up may start to come to a boil, but we know that the showrunner said that Jon himself will never go bad. So putting a bad phantom in him that he has to overcome seems like a good loophole to that.

And incidentally that would make him the Superboy for this Reign homage, but clearly not Kon-El. Chances are he won't have the powers or the phantom after the end of the season if he even gets them at all.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Oh s*** looks like they’re filming the finale, and Steel will have his suit if that’s Wole/his stunt double!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Oh no, I have no doubt that this is all one big Reign of The Supermen reference of a season, but I very much doubt anyone will be named Kon-El by the end of it. And I doubt Jon will just whole sale be turned into Conner 90s or not.

There's a very, very recent interview where Jon's actor talks about how he'd much rather Jon get powers temporarily in a similar way to Clark being infected by red Kryptonite. He makes the red kryptonite reference in two interviews.

In Smallville red k would mess with Clark mentally and bring out the worst in him. That's why I'm guessing the phantom that's inside Kyle would be the most likely take inhabit Jon for a bit. It's the only phantom that has expressed an specific interest in Jon, so the struggle for who has the driver seat will have some meat to it. Jon's actor also talked about how everything that he's been bottling up may start to come to a boil, but we know that the showrunner said that Jon himself will never go bad. So putting a bad phantom in him that he has to overcome seems like a good loophole to that.

And incidentally that would make him the Superboy for this Reign homage, but clearly not Kon-El. Chances are he won't have the powers or the phantom after the end of the season if he even gets them at all.

I said the kon-el name would be pushing it, hell the TTK is pushing it, but him having the feel of the 90s SB could happen.

You and I don't know, we are seeing things and guessing, we shall see
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh s*** looks like they’re filming the finale, and Steel will have his suit if that’s Wole/his stunt double!

Can't wait to see his suit

So they actually bit the bullet and made Edge Clark's half-brother. Although I think everyone was assuming he was probably Jor's illegitimate kid, so it was a surprise to learn he was Lara's from a previous, unloving, Kryptonian matching. Was Thal-Rho created from the Birthing Matrix and not a natural birth like I assume Kal-El was?

The Eradicator popping up was pretty cool, but are we going to see the actual physical Eradicator? Maybe Edge transforms himself into the Eradicator for a final boss battle?

It's kind of funny to think that Edge just landed on the UK. Did he have a British accent from Krypton or from more or less being stuck in Britain? Maybe that's why it sounded fake to Lois.

Clark realizing he has to fly out the back because there's too many people was so cute .

Hey, speaking of Reign of the Supermen, here's Dabney Donovan. I wish they had made a joke where he mentions experimenting with cloning Kryptonians :P.

In fairness to Jor-El, not even Lara brings Thal up at all when she and Clark talk, so I feel like that was a part of her life that she really didn't like talking about. Although I guess that would probably give Thal even more to angst about.

You really don't think much of the fact that there's usually only a Jor-El AI, not Lara, but I'm glad they actually explained it here.

Y'know, if this was The Flash, Barry would have totally unmasked himself in front of Lana during that pep talk. But unlike Barry Clark actually knows how to talk to people he knows without being that obvious.

Clark's biological mother possessing his high school girlfriend...a lot to unpack there. But it was nice to see Clark get to finally talk with Lara .

I get why Jon is so keen on telling people the truth and being honest, but anyone with common sense could have probably told him why it was a bad idea to show Sarah the Kryptonian-possessed Kyle. And he didn't seem to really feel bad about it either, but I guess he thought it gave Jordan a chance to comfort her so it ended up okay. But that lack of guilt kind of bothered me.

So if most Kryptonians were peaceful than are the people Edge is grabbing all just xenophobes and Kryptonian nationalists who are all willing to wipe out humanity? They mentioned the Kryptonian Defense Council, so is he grabbing people who think like Zod?

The moment they mentioned they needed the power of the sun to power the machine, I knew we were going to see the Solar Flare. I remember back on the boards how skeptical people were of that power when it was introduced during Johns' short-lived second run (does anyone remember Ulysses?) but now it seems like it's becoming a staple of a Kryptonian's powerset in-so-far as their most dangerous move.

Fighting off an army of Kryptonians...really feels like it would've been the right time to call in Supergirl or at least another hero like The Flash. Where did Green Arrow's Kryptonite go?

I actually kind of feel bad for Thal. He's like Kara where he actually grew up on Krypton and unlike Clark and Kara he has had to deal with not only his planet's destruction but the very worst of what humanity has to offer. Is it any wonder he's trying to revive Krypton the way he is? Although Kara has, like, no relation to this guy right? Since he's only related to the House of El through Lara.

Usually it's the American military that experiments on aliens in a cruel and dehumanizing way, but it was refreshing to see even the UK can be that way too.

Did Lara even get to talk with her grandkids at all? It would be a shame if she didn't since they were literally right there.

I guess Edge made the right call leaving Leslie on reserve, but what's their plan now? And how does it involve canyons?

You know this sounds stupid but you know if there is ever a crossover with Stargirl I'd like Jordan to meet the current JSA team of that world. It might do him some good to meet some teen heroes just like him, with some life problems and some of them being the children of superheroes themselves (Hourman and Jade).

I mean it’s not exactly as though there are a lot of heroes his age on Earth-0 of the Arrowverse/CWverse. And if Henry Irons from the multiverse can show up then I don’t see why Jordan couldn’t meet other superheroes his age.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-17-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know this sounds stupid but you know if there is ever a crossover with Stargirl I'd like Jordan to meet the current JSA team of that world. It might do him some good to meet some teen heroes just like him, with some life problems and some of them being the children of superheroes themselves (Hourman and Jade).

I mean it’s not exactly as though there are a lot of heroes his age on Earth-0 of the Arrowverse/CWverse. And if Henry Irons from the multiverse can show up then I don’t see why Jordan couldn’t meet other superheroes his age.
    He might get to meet Impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I mentioned this a while ago but I agree. I wanted a scene between John and Pat Dugan. Where Pat tells John about what it means to be a someone's sidekick.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Awesome. I'm just glad to see that Steel is coming back this season. Was starting to think that it sure seems like his episodes were a long time ago considering everything else that's happened in the show since. The show has been quite good, but I still think the Irons episodes have been my faves.

Also, funny unintentional product placement with the Under Armour jersey. Clearly, Superman wears Under Armour, ha
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i know people want conner.but, strictly am against this.Telekensis is bland and on top of being flying brick..I hope they just continue what they were doing.I would take jon not having powers and him being trained by sam .Heck! I also wouldn't mind x-kryptonite or whatever unlocking his latent potential.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i know people want conner.but, strictly am against this.Telekensis is bland and on top of being flying brick..I hope they just continue what they were doing.I would take jon not having powers and him being trained by sam .Heck! I also wouldn't mind x-kryptonite or whatever unlocking his latent potential.

So same ol same ol.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I prefer John getting different powers than the traditional set. However, it doesn't have to be TTK.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I prefer John getting different powers than the traditional set. However, it doesn't have to be TTK.

If you look at the history of the use of TTK, TK, or limited TK, it has been shown in many different ways, so they can easily find a way to present it in a cool fun way for TV