Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I actually think Michael Rosenbaum's Lex would fit in here perfectly.
    If only. But i'm sure this Lex will be good enough. As long as it's not Jon Cryer.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If only. But i'm sure this Lex will be good enough. As long as it's not Jon Cryer.
    What if he returns as an older Lenny Luthor?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

As for the whole "Clark can do better"" thing? I didn't say that LOL. That is an actual quote from someone who is not a comics fan but has seen Superman movies. If that rocked your world maybe you should stay in your safe little bubble and never talk to people who aren't comic fans about comics because some of the things they say might....upset you.
    Lol, I can guess which movies. I don't think Man of Steel actually did much to create more interest in Superman. Just look at the underwhelming box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

But your right we should move on. But before you do would you like to know the first person I heard utter "he can do better"? It was my Grandma!
    I'm not gonna indult your grandma, but I don't think her opinion matters much

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    What if he returns as an older Lenny Luthor?
    I can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    When it comes to trying to explain Clark looking like Superman with glasses, it's as simple as a celebrity lookalike situation. Boom! Done. Overanalyzing the glasses makes things more silly than they need to be.

That said, I watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. I didn't care for the high school Smallville drama when I was actually in high school, so I can see Jon and Jor (named after his fathers?) getting on my nerves, however they didn't YET. Heck I even kind of like Jon...

Landis may have been a dick but this bit is all the explanation you need honestly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Landis may have been a dick but this bit is all the explanation you need honestly.
    I think taking refuge in audacity is the only solution that works in 2021. It's what I went with for a project I'm working on and will never finish. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    To be honest, I was oddly reminded of Cryer's Luthor from Captain Luthor. At least in terms of inflection.

(I mean, this guy is technically derivative of Cryer's Luthor, so there has to be some similarities).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    On the topic of Captain Luthor possibly being Alexander, what if sort of like in Infinite crisis, his goal is to undo crisis and restore his world and the rest of the pre-crisis multiverse? Which Superman may see as a noble goal until it occurs to him that his kids didn't exist in the original multiverse, at least not how he knows them now.
    Supposedly the previous multiverse was restored. With some minor tweaks (Earth 96 Superman got his wife back). So unless this Luthor lost something specific in the COIE, there shouldn't be any real difference.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I was oddly reminded of Cryer's Luthor from Captain Luthor. At least in terms of inflection.

(I mean, this guy is technically derivative of Cryer's Luthor, so there has to be some similarities).
    Even when Jon Cryer plays the role well, I just can't take his face seriously. So anything is better than him as far as I'm concerned.

Supposedly the previous multiverse was restored. With some minor tweaks (Earth 96 Superman got his wife back). So unless this Luthor lost something specific in the COIE, there shouldn't be any real difference.
    Originally Clark and Lois only had one child. Now they are twins

From the other thread-

Conduit and Bloodsport would be cool. I wouldn't mind Lex if it was like Imperious Lex.

It be funny if Lex becomes this shows version of Harrison Wells. Each season a new Lex Luthor pops up. That might get old real fast.

Stuff like that doesn't go along with the tone of the show.

Whelp. Finally got around to watching it and....I actually really enjoyed that first episode. Definitely a lot better than the trailers made it out to be. Even the typical CW teen shenanigans were pretty tolerable. That Sarah girl though....Not sure how I feel about her.

Probably should have let Jordan know you were seeing someone before you invited him to a party (specifically him and not his brother) then spent the whole party talking to and getting very close to him....while you knew your boyfriend was there. That was either a dumb move or a dick move. And I'm really hoping it actually was the former because I doubt this drama with the boyfriend is over.

While the there are a lot more earths left than the earth prime heroes know about, it was also made clear that a lot of others are perma-erased or merged together. This stranger Luthor seems to be from one of the ones that are still gone. Anyway just spitballing, theres not much to go on.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 02-25-2021 at 04:30 PM.