Page 17 of 127 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I'm happy to see superman on tv again!! It's been too long. Overall the show was pretty good, but there was things i didn't like. Everytime i've seen this superman on Supergirl the arrowverse he's always getting beat!! Has he ever won a fight on the CW??? I'm from the old school i think there is a line that shouldn't be crossed when talking to your father and Mother. I didn't care for the way his sons were talking to him when he revealed he was superman. I didn't care for Jordan, i thought he cross the line to much when talking to his father. He showed very little respect for his father.
    Last edited by lotchj; 02-25-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

NEW RULE: All future versions of Superman have to start off their careers with the Fleischer suit.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I'm from the old school i think there is a line that shouldn't be crossed when talking to your father and Mother. I didn't care for the way his sons were talking to him when he revealed he was superman. I didn't care for Jordan, i thought he cross the line to much when talking to his father. He showed very little respect for his father.
    To be fair, I think that was kind of the point. He wasn't supposed to come off as pleasant or respectful. Though he did just find out he's been lied to his whole life and that his Dad was keeping some pretty big stuff from him so it's not like his outburst was completely unwarranted. I spent most of the episode annoyed with Jordan too and while I'm not "from the old school" I was raised by parents who are. But in the case of that particular scene, I thought his reaction was pretty justified. So was Jon's, honestly.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-25-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    NEW RULE: All future versions of Superman have to start off their careers with the Fleischer suit.
    I'm just happy to see the black S, it's my favorite Superman logo
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Are we going to learn what that yellow crystal Jordan grabbed from the rocket was for?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Is it wrong I already both like Jordan better and find him more interesting than Comic Book Jon (both versions) after only one episode?
    I am the reverse.He's too into suffering.Jordan like wallowing,Keeping social anxiety aside.Jon is altruistic by instinct.He jumps in to shield people.That's superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jon will become more resentful .
    Resentful for what? girlfriend dumping him and losing football. Yeah!Not the arc I would want.**** happens.The kid took having no powers with a smile.That's a champion. Heck!he felt like Goku with ”my skills on field are legit”.I don't want Jon to be some crummy Bruce Wayne like whiny guy.The kid is a champion.Stoicism is a trademark of true champions.Smiling when the chips are down.

Also,if Jon didn't understand Jordan he wouldn't have gotten in time to protect him with Bullys.He wouldn't have asked Clark to leave them alone.Jon had no problems with the news.Jordan was the one taking it badly.Meaning,that was not for himself.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2021 at 11:13 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Dee Jay Jackson, who played Bill Ross in the Smallville pilot, also played Cobb Brandon in the S&L pilot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smallville/...e_out_already/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Pete Ross is never mentioned in the pilot, is he? He’s a character that has always seemed lost in the woods for decades. The Smallville TV essentially replaced him with Chloe and the comics have had an even harder time finding anything interesting to do with him in the comics. If they do reintroduce him in this show, I hope they stick with him as a black guy. That element of the character never really got explored at all in Smallville. Given how overwhelming white Kansas is, it feels like something that might be potentially interesting to dig into

Quote Originally Posted by Superfamily View Post
    Thank you God, I hate love triangles
    I hate love triangles too - but oddly I love hate triangles...

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Not that It's at all necessary, but this is tv, so probably could happen. It'd be Jordan. Though surprised to see you in this thread, knowing your thoughts on Superdad.
    I also dislike - nay, hate! - Superdad. But this is the only on screen Superman we're getting, so I'll take what I can get, same as everyone else. Beggars can't be choosers and all.

I just hope the family drama doesn't drag on too much most episodes.

Or, hear me out - they don't.

I certainly wouldn’t mind the Fleschier S-shield being the one he starts out with before graduating to the iconic yellow background s-shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Pete Ross is never mentioned in the pilot, is he? He’s a character that has always seemed lost in the woods for decades. The Smallville TV essentially replaced him with Chloe and the comics have had an even harder time finding anything interesting to do with him in the comics. If they do reintroduce him in this show, I hope they stick with him as a black guy. That element of the character never really got explored at all in Smallville. Given how overwhelming white Kansas is, it feels like something that might be potentially interesting to dig into
    Yeah vanilla Pete Ross is boring. You could do something with him being black since that’s unusual for rural Kansas, but Ross as a whole has never really been that interesting a character. The biggest spotlight he ever got was when he was Luthor’s VP, and even then he was deeply pathetic given how badly Lana clearly wanted to be with Clark over him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Long as the defined abs on the costume don't look as fake as they did here XD

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah!I would prefer not.Fleischer defined superman.He's the reason the character has many of the traits it does.Fleischer made the working class hero that Siegel created consumable for mass audiences.It's abit sad that superman has been reduced to a white knight.Anyways,it being some wink wink nod and foot note is disservice.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"