Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 801
  1. #331
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    It’s not charitable to say I told you so but.....I told you so.
    Don't be too quick patting yourself on the back. You explicitly told me to mansplain to my wife that should be more careful how she expresses herself to her own husband in private.

    The only people in this particular situation who have ended up looking bad are me for going public with her first impression of Hoechlin and you for thinking it was appropriate to dictate how other women are supposed to express themselves in private

    So, since neither of us came of this situation looking particularly great, you might want to skip the "I told you so"

  2. #332
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, but with the CW you get both. I think HBO should get it weekly too, though. Maybe a few days later so you have to see it on the CW if you want it live. Seems fair.
    Yup doesn't sound like a bad idea tbh.

  3. #333
    Astonishing Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    CW has a very high tolerance for shows. Look at Batwoman, I think itís already below 500k viewers which would get it cancelled pretty quickly anywhere else. But the CW renewed it for S3. S&L being on the CW hopefully means it will get to go for as long as the showrunners want it to.
    That show is still running? I am kinda amazed then. But anyways, going foward this show should stick to 12 episodes a season or so to not drag it out and have a decent amount of budget for cgi like in the pilot.

  4. #334
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Doesn't HBO Max have like 40 million subscribers now? Godzilla and Kong will bring more
    CW is a network free show that is accessible by EVERYONE.

    EVERYONE means schools, libraries, Firestone, Hospitals and so on. For those that are open that is.

    HBO Max costs MONEY for someone to get. And is it available in every country?

    Superman and Lois on the CW will be tv friendly unlike say the Stranger Things with all the profanity that some of kids unload or the sex scenes of a Bridgeton or Sex Education.

    So there is less to edit for Superman and Lois and it's easier to toss into syndication all over the world on the free tv.


    Take some of the shows like Life Sucks or Soundtrack that got axed on Hulu & Netflix and toss them on the CW-they are still around.

    Because the rating threshold is LOWER at the CW. Easier to get enough episodes for syndication at the CW.

    Which is why they mass renewed so many shows the past 2 years.

    Shows like Legacies are nearing the 65 episode number for syndication. 65 episode that can do 2 complete series runs a year. That is what shows like Disney's Talespin and Robotech only got 65 episodes.

  5. #335
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    That show is still running? I am kinda amazed then. But anyways, going foward this show should stick to 12 episodes a season or so to not drag it out and have a decent amount of budget for cgi like in the pilot.
    I think part of the reason it’s still going after Ruby left is that CW really wants a show with a Bat person in it, and Batwoman was the only one WB was willing to give up.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  6. #336
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    13,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think part of the reason itís still going after Ruby left is that CW really wants a show with a Bat person in it, and Batwoman was the only one WB was willing to give up.
    There were rumors of CW considering to cancel Batwoman at the end of S2 or give it at least another season before cancelling it.

    I bet Tim Fox Batman was created for CW. Maybe he'll get a show replacing Batwoman. 🤔

  7. #337
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There were rumors of CW considering to cancel Batwoman at the end of S2 or give it at least another season before cancelling it.

    I bet Tim Fox Batman was created for CW. Maybe he'll get a show replacing Batwoman. ��
    Well, the creators are really promoting a black woman as Batwoman hard, they might do the same for Batman.

  8. #338
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    The ratings for episode one were good but lower than the pilots of every other Arrowverse show and I am confused. More people are watching the freaking Walker Texas Ranger reboot. How is a new Superman with a bigger budget than other CW shows not breaking records.
    Superman isn't the draw he once was. He's no longer an automatic "must see". He's still instantly recognizable, just the immediate draw no longer comes with that recognition. Its disappointing but that's where he is right now. And Walker had the built in allure of the actor who played Sam on Supernatural. With that draw now played, if that show isn't very good people will leave.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "ďYour boos mean nothing, Iíve seen what makes you cheer!Ē

  9. #339
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    841

    Default

    I just had a thought about Superman's villains showing up in this show... Clark would have had to be Superman for more than 20 years at this point. Should someone like Parasite or Metallo ever show up, should we not get a proper introduction to them since Superman would have already amassed these enemies by now? Or would we get a "reverse" Smallville situation where instead of seeing these villains before Clark dons the suit, we see these guys show up really late in Superman's career? (Then again I haven't watched Supergirl so if this show is in that continuity they may have been introduced there)

  10. #340
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I just had a thought about Superman's villains showing up in this show... Clark would have had to be Superman for more than 20 years at this point. Should someone like Parasite or Metallo ever show up, should we not get a proper introduction to them since Superman would have already amassed these enemies by now? Or would we get a "reverse" Smallville situation where instead of seeing these villains before Clark dons the suit, we see these guys show up really late in Superman's career? (Then again I haven't watched Supergirl so if this show is in that continuity they may have been introduced there)
    I'm kind of curious if we're going to see more Superman versus disasters than Superman vs villains, with Captain Luthor as the main overarching villain threat.

  11. #341
    Secretive Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of curious if we're going to see more Superman versus disasters than Superman vs villains, with Captain Luthor as the main overarching villain threat.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. We will be getting some other villains like Killgrave and Subjekt 11, who is probably Subjekt 17. I guess I wouldn't want them wasting all the recognizable villains in the first season. Because a lot of them warrant their own seasons even, like Brainiac or Zod, or Mongul. So I think for this season we'll be keeping to some obscure villains with the Captain Luthor thing being the looming threat.
    Last edited by GSman; 02-28-2021 at 11:50 AM.

  12. #342
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There were rumors of CW considering to cancel Batwoman at the end of S2 or give it at least another season before cancelling it.

    I bet Tim Fox Batman was created for CW. Maybe he'll get a show replacing Batwoman. ��
    It’s interesting that they created a black Batman for the comics aimed at adaption, but are going with a black Superman on film. I don’t really know where Fox fits into WB’s plans. I could see them creating a Jace Fox Batman TV show so he and Hoechlin could team up, basically the opposite of how the film side might end up working. We know the CW wants to bring in Batman at some point, they were already planning a crossover to facilitate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Superman isn't the draw he once was. He's no longer an automatic "must see". He's still instantly recognizable, just the immediate draw no longer comes with that recognition. Its disappointing but that's where he is right now. And Walker had the built in allure of the actor who played Sam on Supernatural. With that draw now played, if that show isn't very good people will leave.
    He’s been in the news nonstop and trending on Twitter. People care about him, I can tell you that much for certain. But there are some other factors at play: people are dropping syndicated TV for streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and HBO Max, that’s why S&L ending up on Max is a good thing. People also are likely burnt out on the CW formula, and weren’t interested in a show that at first seemed to be more of the same. This show has really good word of mouth so far, hell it’s the first CW show I’m watching in ages. I think it will do good on streaming services even if the weekly debuts aren’t as impressive as we were hoping.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  13. #343
    Secretive Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I just had a thought about Superman's villains showing up in this show... Clark would have had to be Superman for more than 20 years at this point. Should someone like Parasite or Metallo ever show up, should we not get a proper introduction to them since Superman would have already amassed these enemies by now? Or would we get a "reverse" Smallville situation where instead of seeing these villains before Clark dons the suit, we see these guys show up really late in Superman's career? (Then again I haven't watched Supergirl so if this show is in that continuity they may have been introduced there)
    We're lead to believe this Supes has went around the block with all types of villains, so I imagine he has fought most of his rogues gallery, apparently even killing Zod, though that can be retconned by Crisis. That introduction thing you're talking about will be an interesting thing to see the series handle though. They could do it like the PS4 Spider-Man game where Peter's been active for 8 years and has history with most of his famous rogues gallery. When they're introduced into the game, most of them are escaping jail after being put there by Spider Man. So you know that history is there, though it isnt really relevant to whatever evil they're doing now. Now that I think of it, the Batman Arkham games take that approach as well. I know it's a totally different medium but it could work.

  14. #344
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s interesting that they created a black Batman for the comics aimed at adaption, but are going with a black Superman on film. I don’t really know where Fox fits into WB’s plans. I could see them creating a Jace Fox Batman TV show so he and Hoechlin could team up, basically the opposite of how the film side might end up working. We know the CW wants to bring in Batman at some point, they were already planning a crossover to facilitate that.
    I keep imagining him turning up in the Batwoman show since Luke is a supporting character, but I feel like having black Batman would take the spotlight away from the black Batwoman or at least wouldn't get its due since he'd ultimately be a supporting hero like Hoechlin was in his Supergirl appearances.

  15. #345
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. We will be getting some other villains like Killgrave and Subjekt 11, who is probably Subjekt 17. I guess I wouldn't want them wasting all the recognizable villains in the first season. Because a lot of them warrant their own seasons even, like Brainiac or Zod, or Mongul. So I think for this season we'll be keeping to some obscure villains with the Captain Luthor thing being the looming threat.
    And I’m ok with that. Like you said, someone like Brainiac deserves to be the main villain of their own season, they shouldn’t have to fight for screen time. Otherwise you end up with a Spider-Man 3/ASM2 overstuffed mess. I also want to see the more obscure Superman villains get their due. We’re never going to see Prankster or Toyman on the big screen for example, but those could easily fit with this show. If they’re drawing on Busiek I would especially love to see Prankster show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep imagining him turning up in the Batwoman show since Luke is a supporting character, but I feel like having black Batman would take the spotlight away from the black Batwoman or at least wouldn't get its due since he'd ultimately be a supporting hero like Hoechlin was in his Supergirl appearances.
    Only way I could see him showing up there is if they want to copy Hoechlin and introduce him in Batwoman before spinning him off into his own show.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •