Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    -Love that this episode starts off with Lois utilizing her investigative journalist team, like pulling a heist but the prize is info
    -Ok I had to laugh at Leslie lying straight up to Emily’s face about how much the process would hurt; Also I like Edge’s “pitch” to her about why what he’s doing is a good thing. Preying on people’s need fits in with Edge’s role as the “Lex” of this show right now
    -Ok so the possession isn’t total at first, it takes a while, foreshadowing that maybe the human hosts can still be saved? Come to think of it, what happens to the Kryptonian “spirits” when their humans hosts die? Do they die with the bodies or can they be reuploaded into a new form?
    -Sarah needs to let Jon try to be happy for a few seconds before he gets brutally crushed again lol
    -Hey they’re finally make use of Clark’s Smallville roots. As the guy who was raised in Smallville it makes sense that he would be the guy to try to talk to the people Edge has recruited
    -Clark shutting down the bank robbery was pretty cool, was he affected by residual X-Kryptonite from Emily I wonder? Love that they highlighted that he’s studied foreign languages
    -Lmao love that Lois decides to burst into an Edge board room and tell off Edge to his face
    -Damn Edge knows about the alternate world and what went down with it’s Superman
    -Damn Jon gets s***ted on AGAIN, guess Sarah was right after all

-Kinda looks like Hoechlin bulked up a bit more since last we saw him lol, also geez guess it was a residual effect from the gas?
    - Jordan manifesting arctic breath that way is hilarious, reminds me of some origin takes where Clark almost burns down his high school with his heat vision because it triggers when he gets horny
    -Everyone really tore into Sam this episode. I’m still not sure whether he’s going to end up back on Superman’s side or not by the ending of this season. I also still sympathize with him somewhat, we’ve had so many evil Supermen stories, even this show added another, that it’s hard to fault Sam for being cautious; Also Sam referring to Clark as the most powerful being is funny to hear given how mad everyone was at Hoechlin Supes when he was back in Supergirl and jobbed. It’s funny thinking back to those complaints now. Still Sam saving Lois and Jon should hopefully earn him back some goodwill
    -Of course Edge and Leslie know that Lana is working with Lois, guessing they were listening in on her
    -So the Fortress does have a bunch of high tech, it’s just disguised to look like natural features? Makes sense although I personally prefer the aesthetics to look cool over everything else
    -Kyle gets a chance at redemption! Was kind of hoping something like this would happen. Show keeps walking a tightrope between Kyle’s flaws and his love for his family
    -Edge thinking he can take a shot at Lois and Clark isn’t going to beat his ass to a pulp feels like a big misread of Clark (although given he knows about what happens on the alternate Earth, I can see him thinking the two are the same given I don’t think he knows about Clark just yet)
    -Just occurred to me that the Kryptonite purging is an example of Morrison’s view of Superman as the Everyman+. We take our kids to the doctor to get shots and sometimes they need to hold our hand while they scream their head off (least that’s what I did ) this is basically the Superman equivalent of that
    -Liked the bonding moment between Jordan and Clark over being thrust into circumstances they didn’t ask for
    -Ok Jon is definitely getting into a habit of using weapons to save the day lol
    -OH S*** KYLE’S POSSESSED! This show does a good job of pulling out at least one WTF moment every episode that you didn’t see coming.
    -So because the X-Kryptonite was in Smallville and people were exposed to it, that’s why people from there can host it. Makes sense but I hope they plan to explain what exactly X-Kryptonite is in terms of how it gets Kryptonian consciousness into people. Or maybe those consciousnesses come from the machine and the X just prepares the host body?
    -Hah Edge lampshades that it would be dumb of him to give people powers if he didn’t have them himself. Saw that coming since otherwise there’s no reason for Leslie to be afraid of him
    -“Brother”. Hm they’re not going for H’El are they? Lmao I must admit I never would’ve seen that coming. I believe comic Subjekt also referred to Kal as “brother” and if it’s Zod then he may just be referring to Kal as a “brother” Kryptonian. Excited for the next episode to get answers!
    I'm not sure that was Jon getting crapped on so much as him just misreading the situation.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

yeah!He made a move and he was just turned down.I don't feel there is anything bad about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It would make as much sense if not more so since presumably they've encountered other Kryptonians before.
    They might have.But,sam clearly feels there is a chance of clark(not just any other kryptonian) going rogue and he is clearly scared about that.So,him being upfront about the deterrence that would be something i expect.If he is good guy that is .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-10-2021 at 06:47 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also appreciated Lois calling Clark a "great reporter." Finally, they remember.

I guess it depends where the spirits of the Kryptonian's are coming from. The Phantom Zone? The afterlife? The former makes more sense.

Apparently Jon getting rejected by that girl wasn't in the broadcast version (which I watched)...so kind of glad I missed that. Jeez, why is it so hard for this show to give Jon more wins?

Which live-action Superman has the best shirtless bod?

I don't remember when Freeze Breath came up in Smallville, but I don't remember it seeming so dangerous.

I knew Superman would be important again in his own show, I just didn't know it needed to negate the existence of Supergirl to do it. Or Lucy lane, apparently.

I think X-Kryptonite just gives you powers while the machine is what implants the Kryptonian consciousness because we saw Tag with powers but he's not possessed.
    yeah!He made a move and he was just turned down.I don't feel there is anything bad about that.
    I'm not sure that was Jon getting crapped on so much as him just misreading the situation.
    Wait, Jon tried to make a move on that girl? Huh, didn't see that in the one I watched either. The only thing I saw was them exchanging looks, kinda like they were in to each other, and Sarah telling him to stay away from her.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 06-10-2021 at 08:07 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I don't know why Sam didn't just say the kryptonite weapons were for other Kryptonians who weren't friendly to Earth. He even uses these weapons to neutralize the ones sent after Lois and Jon.
    They seem to be framing it around the idea that they were mostly contingencies in case Superman went rogue. They didn't seem to have the expectation that a bunch of Kryptonians were suddenly going to turn up.
    In context yeah, it's just in light of all the other stuff that happens to him on the show so far.

Incredible Member

Jon asked the girl to hang out after class ("nothing formal"), to which she replied that she didn't see him that way. Nothing mean-spirited, it's just everything else that has happened with Jon that makes it look worse than it is. Certainly doesn't really justify all of Sarah's warnings.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Jon asked the girl to hang out after class ("nothing formal"), to which she replied that she didn't see him that way. Nothing mean-spirited, it's just everything else that has happened with Jon that makes it look worse than it is. Certainly doesn't really justify all of Sarah's warnings.
    Huh. Yeah that was def not in the version I saw. Now I'm wondering what else I may have missed, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Huh. Yeah that was def not in the version I saw. Now I'm wondering what else I may have missed, heh.
    I didn't see that either... I thought it was just Sarah butting in every time Jon is in a 5 mile radius of the girl.

If you watch the show on the CW app, they are extended cuts. I haven't been able to sit down and watch the extended versions, but they're on the streaming app. I'm not sure if they're on HBO Max or not. It's not like a huge amount of extra time. Just a few minutes here and there, from what I understand.

Don't know why but I loved when Superman spoke Spanish at the bank
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't remember when Freeze Breath came up in Smallville, but I don't remember it seeming so dangerous.

I knew Superman would be important again in his own show, I just didn't know it needed to negate the existence of Supergirl to do it. Or Lucy lane, apparently.
    'freeze breath' was kind of skipped over in Smallville. He just kind of 'had it' one day... because they felt a whole episode dedicated to it would be too redundant after having a whole episode dedicated to 'super breath'. Which involved him sneezing the doors off the barn and I THINK sneezing his way out of a locked safe...

Yeah... I'm curious if this is even on the 'same earth' as Supergirl is. Way too much 'What if Superman joins the kryptonians... and why plan for superman to go evil....' when Supergirl already covered all that. We've seen a whole ship full of Kryptonian criminals that would make kryptonite weapons completely legit. But they're really leaning into the idea that the only reason to have kryptonite is specifically Superman....

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I know that in Smallville he discovered super-breath when he got a cold for the first time and every time he sneezed it blew something up. It was actually similar to this.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Don't know why but I loved when Superman spoke Spanish at the bank
    It’s a way of showing his intelligence/worldliness that he took the time to master other languages. That’s why I like it anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This version seems to have super-memory and a super-brain. So it's probably a situation where he's memorized every language on Earth.
    Assassinate Putin!

Exclamation

My friend reviews the latest shocking episode of Superman & Lois -

WARNING MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

I was pretty excited about this new SM series, when it started. But the last few shows i haven't enjoyed. I'm not into the punching bag hero! SM been getting his ass kicked a lot!! It also looks like their trying to depower him too. Powerful criminals, weak heroes!! It seem like the writers love seeing the criminal beat the hero ass and have someone other than the hero save the day.
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-11-2021 at 12:52 PM.