Page 79 of 127 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1897
    Mighty Member

This episode almost had me cry when Lois and Jon broke down to each other. I'm really wondering what's next in store for John Irons.

Also...can we sit and appreciate how Kryptonite takes a bit of a while to down Superman? He inhaled quite a bit of that Kryptonite gas. Normally media portrayals will have Superman writhing in pain with a pea sized bit of the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    When John Henry Irons was pulling a Batfleck and was about to kill Superman, Clark could've namedrop "Natalie" out of nowhere to stop him.

It was hilarious to see the CW do a better take on that scene. Same basic concept executed much better and much less stupid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

They execute that scene better by virtue of having Lois say the name

If Lois had broken up the fight(or Diana) and talked about Martha(Clark’s mother) being in danger, the scene would have flowed naturally

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Also...can we sit and appreciate how Kryptonite takes a bit of a while to down Superman? He inhaled quite a bit of that Kryptonite gas. Normally media portrayals will have Superman writhing in pain with a pea sized bit of the stuff.
    Gen. Lane did call the gas 'Synthetic Kryptonite'. Probably doesn't have the same punch as the real stuff... Spear seemed to hold him down pretty well...

I see Snyder still lives rent free in people's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    This series is the best thing that has happened to Superman in this century, but there are 2 things that I don't like.
    1:It is so difficult to make a series in which lois does not go out with everyone, I do not care if it is the lois of the canon universe or a parallel one, lois is the love interest of superman, not of all dc.
    2:clark loses even in his own series, I guess steel >>> superman in this universe.
    1. The number of people Lois has been a love interest to that aren't Clark can be counted on one hand.

2. Clark has lost one fight so far and this was after he was incapacitated by kryptonite. Steel isn't better than Superman he just took advantage of an opportunity.

It's nice to see more Superhero shows embracing the need for people to have therapy and seek counseling. It's especially poignant when you see someone like Lois who is so strongly independent and a workaholic so it's not always easy for her to open up, especially for something so intimate and personal.

I guess if they're humans possessed by Kryptonian's, they're still Kryptonians? Feels like there's still an important distinction there. I guess Edge only ends up with five because so many of them burn out and can't control their power. Is the reason Tag wasn't possessed because he didn't get exposed to that much X-Kryptonite or do you need to be in that machine?

Jon learning an important lesson about being the team normal from a fellow team normal while also learning it's not smart to play around in an antagonist's personal vehicle.

So the Superman from John Henry's Earth used the black suit before going evil? I guess in-context it was foreshadowing he'd end up being his Earth's doom.

Probably smart not to bring up to the boys that there was only one of them before all the Multiverse shenanigan's that lead to there being two.

I'm honestly kind of shocked a military official was, even initially, willing to use enhanced interrogation tactics. Like...aren't those banned now? Clark wasn't actually going to let them do that, right?

They've played around with Clark and Lois having a daughter in a few different continuities, but I wasn't expecting the reveal that there technically was an Earth-1 Natalie and it ended up in Lois' miscarriage. The show went really deep there, but I feel like they handled something so sensitive, realistic, and traumatic as well as they possibly could. I was kind of surprised that it happened after the boys were born because before it sounded like she had the miscarriage before they conceived Jordan and Jon.

Clark took his father-in-law having developed several different kinds of weapons to kill him better than I was expecting. I mean, obviously there's some trust issues there, but Clark was respectful about it and just didn't want to be lied to. I did find it kind of funny just how many Kryptonite weapons the military has developed. Usually Batman just has a sliver as his contingency but the army has weaponized Kryptonite in every way possible. I wonder if they had Lex consult on it...

Kyle was doing great, but learning his wife lied to him and denied him his dream job caused him to bail on his daughter (and implied he went on another bender). Not cool, Kyle .

Jordan's making progress out of the friendzone. The flowers may have been a bit much but that look Sarah gave him when he brought out his old piano skills to help her with the talent show spoke wonders. Is Jordan going to go back to piano now?

I thought for a second John Henry was actually going to live with the Kents, which would've been really weird, but I wonder if he's ever going to learn about the whole "Clark Kent is Superman and married to Lois with their children." Would that be too much for him to mentally process?

Now John is a hard traveling hero exploring Kansas in his teched out RV. I wonder if he won't come back until near the season finale? Maybe in full Steel mode?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

1. The number of people Lois has been a love interest to that aren't Clark can be counted on one hand.

2. Clark has lost one fight so far and this was after he was incapacitated by kryptonite. Steel isn't better than Superman he just took advantage of an opportunity.
    Lois and Clark: Lois dated Lex. Superman The Animated Series: Batman Dated. smallville: aguaman, green arow, stev trevor (the latter in the comic). superman returns: he is with another and almost got married. snyder verse: the original idea was to get pregnant with batman. Lois has dated half of Clark's friends, if you include the comis there are a few more. As for the fight, I honestly haven't seen the episode, but from what I've read, Superman is stupid, they weaken him and beat him up.

Lois has dated half of Clark's friends,
    This is nothing but hyperbole.

As for the fight, I honestly haven't seen the episode, but from what I've read, Superman is stupid, they weaken him and beat him up.
    And this completely renders any argument you make invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

The Snyder fans were the ones getting all mad on Twitter and saying the show “ripped off” BvS with this scene, and that they got Kryptonite “wrong” because Clark pushed through the effects though lmao https://twitter.com/thesnyderverse/s...911292930?s=21

I didn’t even make the connection until some of them starting getting all mad, and then I could see some comparisons.

Of course Routh lifting an entire island of Kryptonite means he’s still the strongest one if we judge power levels that way
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Snyder fans were the ones getting all mad on Twitter and saying the show “ripped off” BvS with this scene, and that they got Kryptonite “wrong” because Clark pushed through the effects though lmao https://twitter.com/thesnyderverse/s...911292930?s=21

I didn’t even make the connection until some of them starting getting all mad, and then I could see some comparisons.

Of course Routh lifting an entire island of Kryptonite means he’s still the strongest one if we judge power levels that way
    People were making the comparisons long before that. There's a loud contingent of people who use this (or any other DC product) as an excuse to bash the Snyder films. These are the same people that started crying "**** you Zack Snyder" when the first trailer for Titans hit.

I remember when two different articles assumed a line from Young Justice season 3 was a jab at BvS. People who hate these films aren't just obsessed with them but obsessed with the idea of the entire universe hating them as well.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-03-2021 at 08:56 PM.

https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-wole...YDyUfqZ3qiOz9I

This was a good interview that I’m not sure was posted here. It came out before the last episode, so some of the info is outdated, but it does talk about the process of what went on behind the scenes leading up to the Irons reveal. Also I loved that they fretted over how big the hammer should be, you gotta get that right! It says we may see more of Nat and Irons story isn’t over yet.

Astonishing Member

This series is the best thing that has happened to Superman in this century, but there are 2 things that I don't like.
    1:It is so difficult to make a series in which lois does not go out with everyone, I do not care if it is the lois of the canon universe or a parallel one, lois is the love interest of superman, not of all dc.
    2:clark loses even in his own series, I guess steel >>> superman in this universe.
    What about Clark's own harem by comparison across DC? It goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-wole...YDyUfqZ3qiOz9I

This was a good interview that I’m not sure was posted here. It came out before the last episode, so some of the info is outdated, but it does talk about the process of what went on behind the scenes leading up to the Irons reveal. Also I loved that they fretted over how big the hammer should be, you gotta get that right! It says we may see more of Nat and Irons story isn’t over yet.
    Great interview.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I'm loving the show so far, but I do wish it could have a more whimsical tone at times.

Spectacular Member

I've genuinely loved this show and agree with others that this could be one of the best live action versions of Superman and his mythos ever. That being said a nitpick : haven't we had multiple episodes where Clark is flat on his back at the mercy of an opponent at this point? After the "Red sun radiation" encounter in the previous episode and with Clark KNOWING he is going into a situation with Kryptonite--wouldn't he at least try to take some precautions to not have his ass handed to him--again?? Clark is not an idiot and shouldn't be scripted as one.