Page 91 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1897
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I was very disappointed in last night show!! Very disappointed!! They made SM look bad!!! Can he beat anybody from his home world. He came off as very weak, he put up no fight against his brother. His brother beat him easily.
    I wouldn't count Supes out. I think there is more to it than surface level. I think Supes has a plan, and I think John Henry and Lois are part of it. Note how Sam,Clark and Lois just let John Henry drive off in his RV without any protest. I think they are using John's insight into what and how it all occurred on his earth and they are using that knowledge to turn the tables on Edge. I think getting turned is part of Clark's plan. We will see one way or another over the next few episodes.

Plus...you have to understand that Clark was still recovering from the solar flair. He wasn't at 100 percent. Not even close. It wasn't like Clark was completely evenly matched against Edge.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-23-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think the Earth 38 history is pretty much out the window. This entire series is fan service. They know what we like and are giving it to us. If I have any quibble with it, it's that it feels almost like it's too much fan service to the point where there isn't all that much original about it.
    More of a reason to do some stories of Clark's current history. How he first encountered Lex, maybe even his history with Barry,Bruce and Oliver since we know now he was the first Superhero on the new merged Earth. We know Barry and Iris knows and are on a first name basis with Clark and Lois as if they are all old friends (Clark and Lois were name checked by Barry in the first episode of his current season). After last night I want to see more of the early adventures of this Superman. At least occasionally. I wouldn't want it to dominate the show, but I want to see more glimpses.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-23-2021 at 07:30 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I haven't been watching Flash so I didn't know that. I wonder if they are just going to recast Lex or casually not mention his history with Clark in Smallville. I can't imagine them going the entire series run without him showing up in some capacity. It's just a question of what form that will take and whether or not they will reference the history they gave him on Supergirl. I doubt it.
    Assassinate Putin!

I could see Lex popping up next season. Maybe he is recast/rebooted? I could see him as a longterm Superman foe than someone who is just meeting Superman for the first time.

The show reminds me of Vampire Diaries. Both shows are more serialized but this one is easier to keep track off.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-23-2021 at 10:33 AM.

I haven't been watching Flash so I didn't know that. I wonder if they are just going to recast Lex or casually not mention his history with Clark in Smallville. I can't imagine them going the entire series run without him showing up in some capacity. It's just a question of what form that will take and whether or not they will reference the history they gave him on Supergirl. I doubt it.
    Since its still in the same loose continuity with Supergirl, I'd say it's 85/15 that Cryer will still be Lex. Whether the previous history on Supergirl will be referenced is anyone's guess. All we know is Lex and Supes Still have a history of enmity, they've clashed more than a few times. However in the new timeline,Luthor's villainy is no longer widely known.

It's possible they may recast,but that's probably more Cryer's decision than their own. Berlanti and his show runners love him and He seems more than game to continue. Three episodes of Supergirl became several more for CRISIS and he more or less is a series regular on Supergirl lately. I don't see why he wouldn't come back on this show. He's apparently having a ball.

I think if Cryer does continue in the role,he will probably dial down the camp a bit. He's shown through he can indeed dial it back and be menacing.if they do use him,I hope they make it count.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-23-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Would be a dream for me if the next season was Brainiac and Superman & Lex had to team up (along with Steel) to deal with him. That would be how I’d bring Cryer in (who I assume is still going to be playing Lex).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I was very disappointed in last night show!! Very disappointed!! They made SM look bad!!! Can he beat anybody from his home world. He came off as very weak, he put up no fight against his brother. His brother beat him easily.
    It feels like you don’t actually watch the show or pay attention. Do you not understand there was a reason he was weak? He released a solar flare in the last episode to save the people and they warned it would take him down for a few days.

He literally says to Lois at the end “I’m so sorry….I needed more time.”

He’s not weak. He did something extremely heroic and then his body had to heal and Edge struck at just that moment. I wouldn’t count this Superman out yet. This show has been high on the twists. I also think Clark knows that Lois and the boys will not give up on him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I loved seeing the big nod to Superman Smashes the Klan in this episode. I'm also hoping that the surrender is a bit of a ruse. Superman looked back at Lois and said "I needed more time". I wonder if that wasn't an admission of his failure but a statement that he had something cooking. Given how this show loves to reference all kinds of Superman media and there were big nods to Donner's Superman here, I wonder if this is leading to a General Zod hand crushing moment.

I could also see a new fortress with Lara as the hologram AI in the future as well. Lara's AI does still exist in a stolen crystal, after all.
    I definitely think the surrender was a tactical decision bc in the moment it was the only thing to do. There is something else going on. And I think Lois is clearly prepared for this contingency. They must have discussed what she’s supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Would be a dream for me if the next season was Brainiac and Superman & Lex had to team up (along with Steel) to deal with him. That would be how I’d bring Cryer in (who I assume is still going to be playing Lex).
    I actually hope we don't see Lex until sometime season 3. Earliest the end of season 2. I do hope they use Brainiac. Honestly they should just tie KRYPTON to this version and have that version of Brainiac. So far the most comic accurate version of that villain.

Heck,if they ever do General Zod, bring over that version as well. Just like they retroactively brought the short lived Constantine show into the Arrowverse, they should just bring KRYPTON in as well, and perhaps use an episode or two of SUPERMAN and LOIS to wrap up the dangling plot threads of that show and have Clark meet Seg-El.

Sorry I kinda geek mused/rambled there. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I actually hope we don't see Lex until sometime season 3. Earliest the end of season 2. I do hope they use Brainiac. Honestly they should just tie KRYPTON to this version and have that version of Brainiac. So far the most comic accurate version of that villain.

Heck,if they ever do General Zod, bring over that version as well. Just like they retroactively brought the short lived Constantine show into the Arrowverse, they should just bring KRYPTON in as well, and perhaps use an episode or two of SUPERMAN and LOIS to wrap up the dangling plot threads of that show and have Clark meet Seg-El.

Hah no I agree with you. I feel like Zod would be redundant after this season already did the “evil Kryptonian surprise family member” though. I’m genuinely curious at where the show will go next season.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

After Lex and Zod dominated the movies, I can't believe that I'm actually interested in seeing the Lex of this universe. I would be game to see Superman visit Lex in jail before Lex getting out and about.

Also, I find this take of Lois and her relationship with Clark very interesting. Normally people have Lois kind of ignore Clark and fawn over Superman, but here she loves Clark first, with Superman being more of a working relationship. I approve of them doing the reverse of what everyone expects.

I too think Superman has more of a plan than he's letting on. Lois was quick to call John, and I don't see her as the type to conspire against Clark at all. I think that despite his past fights with Irons, Clark trusts him with the situation due to his experience with the situation, thus Lois has him on speed dial.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I wonder if there are any legal issues there. I think the same studio made Constantine. I don't think that's the case with Krypton. Have no idea how they would resolve that.
    Assassinate Putin!

When exactly would Clark and Lois have devised a plan? Clark was in the fortress the whole episode until Morgan Edge came to attack the Kents. And after that Edge made the ultimatum in front of everyone and Clark accepted and left. They didn't have private conversations.

And before this episode I don't think Clark had any reason to believe that he would be turned against the world.

So I don't think there is a secret plan.

And I sure hope Jon Cryer doesn't come into the show as Lex. I still can't take him seriously in the role. Heck, I hope Lex doesn't come into the show at all. I like the character, but this show really doesn't need him.

I wonder if there are any legal issues there. I think the same studio made Constantine. I don't think that's the case with Krypton. Have no idea how they would resolve that.
    What legal issues? CW already has access to Braniac (since they have Braniac 5 in Supergirl). If the same actor wants in on the deal then there's no reason not to use him. The only problem they might run into is in being allowed to use the same makeup and design, but they can update it and avoid all of that.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-23-2021 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When exactly would Clark and Lois have devised a plan? Clark was in the fortress the whole episode until Morgan Edge came to attack the Kents. And after that Edge made the ultimatum in front of everyone and Clark accepted and left. They didn't have private conversations.

And before this episode I don't think Clark had any reason to believe that he would be turned against the world.

So I don't think there is a secret plan.

And I sure hope Jon Cryer doesn't come into the show as Lex. I still can't take him seriously in the role. Heck, I hope Lex doesn't come into the show at all. I like the character, but this show really doesn't need him.
    I don’t agree.

They clearly took John Henry’s warning to heart. We saw them talk about it in earlier episodes.

I think they must have known it was a possibility at some point that he would have to surrender. I don’t think they are fools.