Page 71 of 127 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1897

I have to admit, I found this episode pretty confusing. So I’m guessing John Henry stole Luthor’s tech/ship? How did he survive getting hit by the truck and knocked 30 feet in the air? And I must have missed the explanation of the red lights — I thought they were mimicking a red sun, but they acted like green kryptonite? And why did Jordan no longer have a problem with sound at the end of the episode?

Honestly, I wonder what non-comic readers make of this episode. The big reveal would have meant nothing to them.
    Last edited by Jadeb; 05-25-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Mighty Member

...Is this show a trap? I even got over the “teen drama” when I was watching Captain Luthor and...Natasha? Working on the suit and thought “you know...with some reworking, this could have been John Henry Irons”. then BLAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Holy crap.

Those beautiful bastards on the Superman and Lois creative team did it. It was all right there,even the title of the episode basically gave it away,yet I didn't see it coming until that moment.

I love love love this show!
    I was kicking myself for not realizing it given the episode title Man of Steel lol. Good way of putting it right in people’s faces without us even suspecting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I have to admit, I found this episode pretty confusing. So I’m guessing John Henry stole Luthor’s tech/ship? How did he survive getting hit by the truck and knocked 30 feet in the air? And I must have missed the explanation of the red lights — I thought they were mimicking a red sun, but they acted like green kryptonite? And why did Jordan no longer have a problem with sound at the end of the episode?

Honestly, I wonder what non-comic readers make of this episode. The big reveal would have meant nothing to them.
    Technically he didn't get hit by the truck, kind of. He was holding the hammer, and the hammer took the truck head on, so the hammer took the brunt of the hit. The truck didn't touch Steel himself. Also the hammer might've absorbed some of the kinetic energy cause fancy tech. I mean, it's not something that'd save him in the real world, but it works for sci-fi tv logic.

As for Luthor's tech/ship, the episode explains that he worked for Luthor building this stuff for Luthor, but for reasons (we're not sure if that Luthor died or time was just running out or what) Steel decided to use the ship/tech himself.

I saw a few people who didn’t know who John Henry Irons was on Twitter, but you know what? That’s great! Now they’ll hopefully get to learn about an underrated Superfamily character. Stuff like this is exactly what I want from the show, to get the Supermythos beyond origins, deaths, and turns to evil (although all of those are here too) to a wider audience. I didn’t know what X-Kryptonite was before this show but I do now! I doubt the general audience knows who the hell Atom Man is, but they will soon! Supes needs this, to show that there’s more to him than meets the eye, than what internet memes would have you believe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I swear this show just keeps getting better each episode! Assuming it sticks its landing, this could easily be the best Superman adaptation in a very long time. Fricking Steel and Natashia Irons! Who is alt Lois's daughter?!? Family dynamic is gonna become a lot more complicated. Anyway somehow Edge is responsible for evil Superman, and the other kryptonians burning Metropolis were probably those "leadership canidates" Lana hired.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Holy crap!! Didn't watch it last night, was gonna watch tonight. This sounds so awesome I don't care one iota that I know what happened. Man, f'n sick!!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I swear this show just keeps getting better each episode! Assuming it sticks its landing, this could easily be the best Superman adaptation in a very long time. Fricking Steel and Natashia Irons! Who is alt Lois's daughter?!? Family dynamic is gonna become a lot more complicated. Anyway somehow Edge is responsible for evil Superman, and the other kryptonians burning Metropolis were probably those "leadership canidates" Lana hired.
    I agree, this show is my favorite comic show right now.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Damn fine episode.

That's the most interesting John Henry's origin has ever been. Way more interested in what's going on with his Earth now given that it's not just a clear cut Earth-3 situation, but rather a parallel timeline.

Also I don't think I can fully express how satisfying it was to have Jon tell Jordan off in that particular way after everything, and then still having the grace and good character to help his brother without question and not hold a grudge. I could've eaten the whole thing with a spoon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I was expecting John Diggle appearing in this not John Henry Irons, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to the latest release ratings, the 6th episode was watched by 724K viewers. The series dropped 42% in viewership from the last episode.

Source: https://tvline.com/2021/05/19/tv-rat...ale-cancelled/
    820K viewers for ep. 7. Up from the prev one.

Source: https://tvline.com/2021/05/26/tv-rat...son-18-finale/

This is just my speculation but I think Natasha will live on the farm starting next season. A very interesting dynamic can be established using half sister of the boys living with them who hates Superman IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post

Non comic watchers were very excited if we go by twitter trends.

Extraordinary Member

This show is great

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I feel that Superman And Lois' biggest hurdle is the CW itself, as being on that network is preventing the show from getting the larger mainstream audience it deserves.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

So...no one else thinks Natasha Irons (at least that alt uni daughter of Lois one) is dead? I mean, we've never seen her on this earth, and Steel cried a very sad tear during a memory of her. I legit think John Henry Irons might be the only human left alive of his Earth.