Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1897

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I was pretty excited about this new SM series, when it started. But the last few shows i haven't enjoyed. I'm not into the punching bag hero! SM been getting his ass kicked a lot!! It also looks like their trying to depower him too. Powerful criminals, weak heroes!! It seem like the writers love seeing the criminal beat the hero ass and have someone other than the hero save the day.
    The only thing I have misgivings about is the latest "twist". IMO, it smacks of melodramatic soap opera writing (which CW is known for). I hope my fears are ungrounded and they surprise me with how they handle it moving forward. *crosses fingers & toes*
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-11-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Red face

Me, personally, I'm just kind of sick of the whole "everyone from Krypton is evil except for Clark and Kara" schtick. The destruction of Krypton is supposed to be a tragedy, not a place that "deserved to blow up" like the way John Byrne describes in the intro to Man of Steel.

I mean, I get that Superman needs villains that are actually a challenge for him, but it's not like there aren't other alien races out there in the DCU.

Other than that, though, this is literally one of my favorite tv shows at the moment.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

maybe Morgan Edge is Hernan Guerra? Going with the idea that Zod stole Lara's dna before the planet goes boom, explaining why they are brothers without the house of El crest. Plus he has that black trench coat thing going for him. Granted if true then he probably shouldn't be british, but maybe its a phony accent.

Lois did say he was faking the accent lol, but I don’t think that’s the take they’re going for. Still don’t think it will be H’el either though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I was pretty excited about this new SM series, when it started. But the last few shows i haven't enjoyed. I'm not into the punching bag hero! SM been getting his ass kicked a lot!! It also looks like their trying to depower him too. Powerful criminals, weak heroes!! It seem like the writers love seeing the criminal beat the hero ass and have someone other than the hero save the day.
    At least here he was able to recover and take down the criminals on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Me, personally, I'm just kind of sick of the whole "everyone from Krypton is evil except for Clark and Kara" schtick. The destruction of Krypton is supposed to be a tragedy, not a place that "deserved to blow up" like the way John Byrne describes in the intro to Man of Steel.

I mean, I get that Superman needs villains that are actually a challenge for him, but it's not like there aren't other alien races out there in the DCU.

Other than that, though, this is literally one of my favorite tv shows at the moment.
    Well, if you take Supergirl as canon there's a whole, peaceful, city of Argo in space right now...aside from the Worldkiller cultists.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    maybe Morgan Edge is Hernan Guerra? Going with the idea that Zod stole Lara's dna before the planet goes boom, explaining why they are brothers without the house of El crest. Plus he has that black trench coat thing going for him. Granted if true then he probably shouldn't be british, but maybe its a phony accent.
    Now that you mention it, the resemblance is kind of striking.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I mean, villains in black trenchcoats are kind of a trope so that in and of itself may not be an indicator of anything.
    Assassinate Putin!

Could this happen? It turns out that Morgan Edge is the evil Superman from Irons' earth.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

I hope he's just an evil Superman from another universe and not Zod or his actual family/clone.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Also, it's funny that this series seems to have stolen a Supergirl villain. Lesla-Lar/ Leslie Larr. Not complaining. After all the Supergirl series stole a lot of Superman villains.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

BANNED

Tired of everyone having anti superman weapons, comics, series, movies, enemies, friends, family, with all the kryptonite there is and how easy it is to build weapons to kill superman, it is a miracle that he lives more than 5 minutes. What bothers me the most is Superman's reaction, it would be good if he gets angry for once and decides to send them to hell (a beating), if they want to kill him they are no longer friends / family. the series is very good, but it gets worse and worse. the truth is that I do not like to admit it, but I think it is normal for many to see superman as an idiot, he is everyone's doormat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Tired of everyone having anti superman weapons, comics, series, movies, enemies, friends, family, with all the kryptonite there is and how easy it is to build weapons to kill superman, it is a miracle that he lives more than 5 minutes. What bothers me the most is Superman's reaction, it would be good if he gets angry for once and decides to send them to hell (a beating), if they want to kill him they are no longer friends / family. the series is very good, but it gets worse and worse. the truth is that I do not like to admit it, but I think it is normal for many to see superman as an idiot, he is everyone's doormat.
    I agree with your comments. It's a miracle SM still lives!! He is everyones doormat! The writers seem to make it a point that anyone can beat SM.

BANNED

To be fair...the pop culture conception that Superman is overpowered has been internalized by the writers of Superman to such a degree that they are almost embarrassed by how powerful he is

I think he's had a reasonable response to the Kryptonite weapons.

In Sam's defense I think it's absolutely necessary to have anti-superman weapons. Clark himself would never harm humanity but they have every right to prepare for one of his villains to take control, clone him or worse make some weird army like Edge is doing. They're going to need all of that, Superman is only 1 person.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

It would be highly unrealistic that someone wouldn't think of anti-Superman weapons. Just because we, the audience, know what type of person Superman is, that doesn't mean no one, within the context of the show/series/comic, wouldn't think otherwise. Hell, Lex Luthor's entire thing was that "Superman" was a threat to humanity's progress in some iterations, while General Lane felt that Kryptonians were indeed a threat in other iterations. Besides, Superman, in this show, stated that he has to make sure to watch how he operates, just for the sake of maintaining humanity's trust. "Once that trust is gone, it's hard to get it back". Look at SUPERMAN II & III. Who wouldn't want to make sure that there aren't anti-Kryptonian contingencies?