Page 64 of 127 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Aha! Forgot about that. Michael Rosenbaum is two years older than Tom Welling and didn't they also try and have Lex have a thing for Lana, and he was written to be older than high schooler Clark?
    lex got married to lana.he was older...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-21-2021 at 08:18 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Just noticed that the actress that plays Sarah is freakin 24 years old, and Jordan's actor is 16. Sooo, yeah, I find it unlikely that they'll go for them getting together in the end or even at all to be frank. Otherwise, it's pretty gross.

That said, Jon's actor is 19, and the showrunner not-so-subtlety implied a love triangle between the three recently. And obviously that's kind of odd given the fact that Jon's only ever shown support for his brother trying to get out of his shell and ask Sarah out, and there hasn't really ever been much of a hint toward the two having an attraction.

But back during the Tag episode where they're at the party and Jon is worried about Tag while Jordan is talking with Sarah, Sarah does take a moment to really try an empathize with Jon's situation (while Jordan is kind of a little ******* about it). And I suppose you can read the hand full of times Sarah has been hard on Jon (calling him corny in episode 1, and yelling at him when he was drunk) as the building of an opposites attract sort of situation.

But the main thing's likely going to be-- to absolutely no one's shock-- how Jordan takes this. If they do go with that it'll likely something Jordan feels is a betrayal by both of them, but especially Jon.
    Wow. She really looks young for her age.

Inde's just turned 20, actually: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL_IztXp8ZO/
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Inde's just turned 20, actually: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL_IztXp8ZO/
    24 sounded insanely old for how young she looks but this is a much more believable age gap.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yeah apparently google has it wrong when you look her up. That's certainly better than 16/17 and 24. But I still figure they'll wait till Jordan's actor is at least 19. But they could just wait till he's 18.

But my main point for bringing it up was the fact that the showrunner seemed to imply a triangle of some sort there, so that seemed like a pretty safe assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Good point. In that hypothetical case, Jon'd go confront the dude, Jordan gets mocked for needing his brother to defend him, and eventually probably throws the first punch anyway and same thing as the show happens.

I'd just have preferred Jon a little more active in the confrontation.
    I figure a more active Jon would require we spend some real time with him.

Don't mind me. I'm just salty about how they're doing him right now. Like, it's still sooooo dumb that they pulled that bullying plot point out of thin air when Jon already had story built for that moment. But that would require he have a similar amount of focus in the plot to Jordan I suppose. Once again, I'm salty, so don't mind me.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I saw on reddit someone theorise that Jordan's abilities seem to kick in after suffering some kind of injury. He fell several feet and suddenly he became invulnerable in that moment when protecting Jon and himself from the falling pipes. He was beaten/kicked quite a bit before shooting out the heat vision for the first time (and second time on the field). Tag knocking him several times is unlocking the super hearing.... Perhaps there's more to this and it could explain Jor-El's quick dismissal earlier in the show. All these injuries are forcing his Kryptonian DNA to override his human genes thus manifesting abilities one after another. If it's true, we may not be too far away from Jon developing something himself because of the wrist break and the stress he's been under with his struggles of now living in Smallville. It could explain why Jordan has had a head start over him. Jordan's emotional instability could also be another contributing mechanism, coupled with physical stresses to the body jump starting his Kryptonian abilities. Jon, so far, has been a well adjust kid emotionally, who prior to moving to Smallville, was in peak athletic condition for someone his age. So his Kryptonian genes have remained "dormant" for all intents and purposes as he's never been in a situation that would be so taxing to his mind and body that his Kryptonian genes would quicken his body to "repair" itself by overriding his human genes...until now.

It's an interesting theory that is plausible. I'm curious to see how the writers explain Jon's continuing humanness at this stage. There has to be an in story explanation.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 05-21-2021 at 12:42 PM.

I saw on reddit someone theorise that Jordan's abilities seem to kick in after suffering some kind of injury. He fell several feet and suddenly he became invulnerable in that moment when protecting Jon and himself from the falling pipes. He was beaten/kicked quite a bit before shooting out the heat vision for the first time (and second time on the field). Tag knocking him several times is unlocking the super hearing.... Perhaps there's more to this and it could explain Jor-El's quick dismissal earlier in the show. All these injuries are forcing his Kryptonian DNA to override his human genes thus manifesting abilities one after another. If it's true, we may not be too far away from Jon developing something himself because of the wrist break and the stress he's been under with his struggles of now living in Smallville. It could explain why Jordan has had a head start over him. Jordan's emotional instability could also be another contributing mechanism, coupled with physical stresses to the body jump starting his Kryptonian abilities. Jon, so far, has been a well adjust kid emotionally, who prior to moving to Smallville, was in peak athletic condition for someone his age. So his Kryptonian genes have remained "dormant" for all intents and purposes as he's never been in a situation that would be so taxing to his mind and body that his Kryptonian genes would quicken his body to "repair" itself by overriding his human genes...until now.

It's an interesting theory that is plausible. I'm curious to see how the writers explain Jon's continuing humanness at this stage. There has to be an in story explanation.
    I've seen some speculation that Jon might heal quicker as a sign his powers are starting to kick in.

In the comics, Jon’s powers were tied to his emotional state, so all the stress he’s going through could absolutely be a way for his powers to manifest. I hope that theory is true!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    lex got married to lana.he was older...

Correction: Rosenbaum is 5 yrs older than Tom Welling.

Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch), Chrissy (guest star Sofia Hasmik) and Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) team up to piece together the significance of Smallville to Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner).
    Summary of Episode 9, looks like Clark is getting to do some investigative journalism again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Summary of Episode 9, looks like Clark is getting to do some investigative journalism again!
    Finally! A reporter trio !

Although I'm half-expecting Chrissy to say she's also followed Clark's work so it doesn't sound like she's just gushing about Lois .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Finally! A reporter trio !

Although I'm half-expecting Chrissy to say she's also followed Clark's work so it doesn't sound like she's just gushing about Lois .
    I’m actually expecting Chrissy to be very “Oh Clark? Yeah I’ve heard of you, what’s it like having a wife who is more famous and a better reporter than you” towards Clark

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Worth mentioning that Tag also broke his arm, and it healing was tied to his powers showing up.

I'm pretty sure that it has less to do with Jordan getting hurt and more to do with his emotional state.

My hope is that not only does the Lois and Jon episode put some much needed non-Jordan focus on Jon and what he's going through, but it also introduces Jon to X Kryptonite. I'm fairly certain that, in one way or another, XK is how Jon's going to get his powers.

I had the theory that maybe Jon would leave the show to be with the Legion, but I pretty quickly shot it down as a possibility thinking "there's no way they'd let one of the boys leave the show. Both are too central to the plot and dynamic." But that's just not true, and this last episode proved it, and I don't see any following episodes this season saying otherwise. Jordan is central to the plot, and Jon is his supporting character that deals with the fallout.

If my theory that this show was originally supposed to be about one kid is true, and Jon is a mandate that the showrunners don't seem at all interested in writing more making central to anything, then maybe that's because they know they only have to use him for a while (and revisit him when the shows crossover)? Maybe at the end of this season or at the start of the next there's a mandated episode or two where they have to set up what would basically be a backdoor pilot to Legion? Then they could unload Jon onto another show and finally make the show they've been trying to make this whole time?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Legion as a CW show would be a natural fit, but damn would that need a big budget to not look like crap.

I dunno, Jon still feels like a main character to me.