Page 1 of 127 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Superman & Lois S1: Spoilers, Discussion, & Speculation

Trailers:

After years of facing supervillains, monsters and alien invaders, the world's most famous superhero, The Man of Steel aka Clark Kent and comic books' famed journalist Lois Lane come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever -- dealing with being working parents in today's society. Complicating the already daunting job of raising two boys, Clark and Lois worry about whether their sons, Jonathan and Jordan, could inherit their father's Kryptonian superpowers as they grow older. Returning to Smallville to handle some Kent family business, Clark and Lois are reacquainted with Lana Lang and her Fire Chief husband, Kyle Cushing. The adults aren't the only ones rediscovering old friendships in Smallville as the Kent sons are reacquainted with Lana and Kyle's rebellious daughter, Sarah. Of course, there's never a dull moment in the life of a superhero, especially with Lois' father, Gen. Samuel Lane looking for Superman to vanquish a villain or save the day at a moment's notice.
    Main Cast
    Tyler Hoechlin as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman: A superhero from Krypton who defends Earth and is Lois' husband.
    Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois Lane: A journalist at the Metropolis newspaper the Daily Planet and Clark's wife.
    Jordan Elsass as Jonathan Kent: The modest and kind-hearted son of Clark and Lois.
    Alexander Garfin as Jordan Kent: The intelligent son of Clark and Lois who has social anxiety and enjoys playing video games alone.
    Inde Navarrette as Sarah Cushing: Kyle and Lana's "wild child" daughter who befriends the Kent boys.
    Dylan Walsh as Samuel Lane: Lois' father, a no-nonsense, workaholic Army general who is determined to keep America and the world safe from all threats.
    Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang: An old friend of Clark Kent and the loan officer at Smallville Bank.
    Erik Valdez as Kyle Cushing: Lana's husband and Smallville's fire chief who enjoys his life living in a small town and is wary of those from bigger cities.
    Wolé Parks as The Stranger: "A mysterious visitor hellbent on proving to the world that it no longer needs Superman."
    Adam Rayner as Morgan Edge: "An intelligent, eloquent and impassioned self-made mogul".

Recurring
    Sofia Hasmik as Chrissy Beppo: A "go-getter" journalist at the Smallville Gazette who has a "chance encounter" that changes her life.
    Stacey Farber as Leslie Larr: Someone who works with "the most influential people on the planet".
    Joselyn Picard as Sophie Cushing: "Spirited and rebellious" younger daughter of Lana Lang and Kyle Cushing.
    Angus Macfadyen as Jor-El: Clark Kent's Kryptonian father. Though he died along with Krypton, his brilliant essence still exists within the arctic Fortress of Solitude to provide guidance when his son seeks help.
    Tomorrow's the big day! First proper Superman TV show since Lois & Clark, almost 20 years ago. Looking forward to this and hoping for a good show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"Chrissy Beppo?" Will she transform into a monkey form?

Astonishing Member

I guess we'll see.

Angus Macfadyen as Jor-El: Clark Kent's Kryptonian father. Though he died along with Krypton, his brilliant essence still exists within the arctic Fortress of Solitude to provide guidance when his son seeks help.
    One of the stranger things about Modern Superman is his need for constant parental guidance. If it isn't the Kents then it's Jor-El and if it isn't Jor-El it's the Kents.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

first clip!

I was initially in the camp against this Superman getting a show, even more on the CW, but for the past few months I'm just getting more excited about it, to the point I can barely wait for tomorrow.

Looking forward to this, hope is good!

Nice.

Just letting you guys know in advance, if either of those two half and half kids try and take the Superboy name the writers don't know what they're doing. There will always only ever be one true Superboy: Clark Kent. It's not a mantle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Nice.

Just letting you guys know in advance, if either of those two half and half kids try and take the Superboy name the writers don't know what they're doing. There will always only ever be one true Superboy: Clark Kent. It's not a mantle.
    Now I'm just picturing Jon and Jor becoming co-Supermen while Clark resumes his title of Superboy.

Nice.

I guess they'll be the Superboy(s)?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

first clip!
    Love a good meet cute! Hope we get more flashbacks of their relationship as the seasons continue, to fill in more pieces of their history together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they'll be the Superboy(s)?
    Never, it's not a mantle. There's only one Superboy. Clark Kent.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Never, it's not a mantle. There's only one Superboy. Clark Kent.
    So, on Earth-Prime, comics never published any of the Superboy comics featuring characters who weren't Clark Kent that've been around since, oh, the early 70s?

Wow, Earth-Prime really is a wacky place

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post

first clip!
    This is extremely good.

Smile

I hope it's good. *crosses fingers*

I must admit, I'm happy that a modern Superman show *gasp* actually has Superman in it as a regular character. I can't believe DC made such a bold choice....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They can't use Conner because the Titans show is using him. And I do think at some point one of them will become a Superboy. Probably Jon. And we don't know this Superman's history so who knows if he ever was one.
    Assassinate Putin!