Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My only thing is that they’re only suppose to be High School Freshman at the very beginning of September. Lana’s daughter too.

I found that hilarious.
    Heh, yeah I was surprised they made them so young.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s not so much as how they are now, as being afraid of where they could go. So far I don’t have any major complaints, but kids in drama shows can easily end up unlikeable and insufferable. I’m just hoping that won’t be the case here.
    That's understandable, I'm sure we'll get some typical cliches but at it doesn't seem like they'll be falling for the same girl at least like some predicted.

Waited my whole life to see Superman and Luthor in an exosuit go at it, and this did not disappoint for me! I wonder if this Luthor is meant to be Alexander Luthor Jr.?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Now that there's a commercial break: FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT! FLEISCHER SUIT!
    And it was gorgeous, I LOVE it.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 02-23-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Amazing Member

Waited my whole life to see Superman and Luthor in an exosuit go at it, and this did not disappoint for me! I wonder if this Luthor is meant to be Alexander Luthor Jr.?
    This looks very good, I need to watch this show

Amazing Member

As a guy who doesn’t consider For All Seasons to be a top 10 Superman story, I gotta admit this made me grin from ear to ear. Hoechlin sells the hell out of it and makes it feel earnest instead of corny.
    I liked this so much

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I am going to miss the blue heat vision though. It made him stand out from other versions.
    Assassinate Putin!

https://ew.com/tv/superman-lois-premiere-preview/
    Something from this article I didn’t see get mentioned is that another deep cut Superman Rogue will be showing up: Thaadeus Killgrave, guy who makes weapons for other villains and works for Intergang.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I am going to miss the blue heat vision though. It made him stand out from other versions.
    I did kind of appreciate the unique “look” it gave these versions.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

Watching this Legacy of Hope special after the premiere, Jim Lee's on here talking about how the phrase "with great power, comes great responsibility" epitomizes Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Watching this Legacy of Hope special after the premiere, Jim Lee's on here talking about how the phrase "with great power, comes great responsibility" epitomizes Superman.
    Well he’s not wrong

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The suit looks awesome.Even if the superman is different.
    The chase looked good enough.There was'nt enough hand to hand for any kinda judgements on that front.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-23-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really enjoyed the pilot. It's going to take awhile for my nerd brain to adjust to this Jon Kent after the last few years of the comics version. This kid is most definitely not that character. From my first impression, it feels like the show is approaching the Super-Sons as a way of exploring the very different approaches to young Clark we've gotten. Jonathan is very much in the mold of Bryne's well-adjusted football jock while Jordan is more like the brooding angsty Clark we saw in the Snyder films. Meanwhile, adult Clark is a combination of both.

This is a pretty interesting set-up that will be well-worth seeing get developed over the series.

My main concern is that Lois's role seems largely sidelined at the moment. The main emotional thrust of the pilot is Clark & Jordan, with Lois & Jon largely playing backup to their stories. Moving forward, I hope they're given more to do. My guess is that Lois will be tasked uncovering whatever shenanigans Morgan Edge is up to and dealing with her daddy issues with Sam, but I'd like the character given a little more red meat to chew on than that. As for Jon, I haven't found him particularly compelling yet, but I never found Byrne's young Clark all that compelling either. The twist with the powers is a neat wrinkle that I think could play off wonderfully if they play it right.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to what they do next.

Luthor wasn't much of a character as much as VFX that spouted cliched villain dialogue, so I'll reserve judgement on him until they actually develop him into something.

I hope they don't go for byrne for inspiration with jon.Just go to the source of the jock.Read the gladiator,hugo danner.Jon doesn't have powers.Heck!Go for the chemical origin for all i care.I am not really invested in the rest.I am not holding my breath with that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Was the guy who introduced Clark to Lois supposed to be Perry White? It would've been nice to see a young Jimmy.

Supergirl actually mentioned how Clark started out with the trunks costume, so that was nice to see as his original suit. Anyone who doesn't care for "my mom made it for me" will probably be happy that he eventually moved on to a costume he probably made himself from Krypton material. Is the suit repurposed from Routh's Kingdom Come suit?

It's so weird seeing a General Lane who isn't a raging hardcase towards aliens and actually seems to like Clark well enough. And his biggest issue with Lois is the idea that Clark can have a normal life instead of being Superman instead of, well, all the usual issues Lois has with her dad.

What a one-two punch from losing your job and losing your mom to quick succession. It's not easy being Clark .

Jon and Jordan feel like they split Jon from the comics into two characters. Jon has the bright optimism and swagger of comic Jon while Jordan has the self-doubt and emotional instability with the powers. And, of course, Jordan is the one who gets his powers first, which begs the question of what they're going to do with Jon since he's the comic Superboy and will inevitably get powers too.

Injustice II suddenly makes so much sense in a Post-Crisis Earth. Like, I think all of the roster save for Black Adam are actual established heroes or characters on Earth-Prime or have been referenced.

Kyle doesn't seem like a bad guy, just...that kind of guy. You know the one.

In hindsight, keeping Clark's rocket under a barn seems a little...ill-advised. Like, shouldn't they have taken it back to the Fortress or something? I get the sentimental value, but still. If two kids could find it, anyone could. And what's with that crystal? Is that supposed to be one of the data crystals that taught young Clark about Krypton?

I like that, for all their issues, Jon went all the way to the party to make sure his brother was okay. For all their bickering, the brothers really do love and support each other .

I totally thought the Heat Vision was going to happen when Jordan kissed Sarah, like how Clark's activated when he kissed Lana in Secret Origin. Probably for the best it happened how it did.

Doomguy turns out to apparently be an AU version of Lex Luthor, so basically Jon Cryer if he were more black, British, and colder, who has his own starship he's the captain of. Was he like the Ahab to his Earth's Superman's white whale? Did he actually kill his Superman? I'm just trying to figure out where the appeal is in having Superman fight a version of his nemesis from another Earth instead of his actual Luthor, although the latter's still busy fighting his cousin.

I feel like Jon has more reason to not want to move to Smallville because of his football career and girlfriend, but couldn't Clark hypothetically fly him to school on mornings?

If my theory that Alt. Lex is basically Alexander Luthor Jr. that could explain why they went with him. Basically confront Supes with a version of his greatest foe who was right about what a big threat he is, and force him to grapple with that as everything Clark took for granted (his job, family, hometown, etc) disintegrates or changes around him.

I liked how the DCAMU had the rocket create the Fortress of Solitude, I think that’s where I prefer the rocket end up rather than being left on the Kent farm.

Have we gotten confirmation that Cryer will show up here yet? I can’t believe they’d pass up on the opportunity to see Hoechlin and Cryer go at it with each other, as eager as I am to see other Superman Rogues.

Ok.watched the whole show.They did pretty good with jon.The show overall is pretty gripping.There is quality for cw tv.Ofcourse,i am always gonna complain about the lack of action.But,overall the show does a great set up with the villain morgan edge.

Jon is cocky,strong,energetic..etc.He is skilled and has potential.But,he has to work on it and loves to.He's passionate about the things he likes.He has an altruistic instinct to protect the weak.He jumps in front of jordan to shield without much time to think about it.Gets into a fight with the highschool guys to protect jordan.Even with jordan having powers.Jon's attitude doesn't change even a bit.The best part was him sporting a black eye and bloody lip through out the rest of the episode
    "My skills on the playfield are totally legit"
    It's not about having power.It's about the legitamacy of it.I hope they don't give him abilities like his father or brother.Jon seems to be setup for a lot of heart breaks like his football.But,the guy seem to be able to take it.I don't think his relationship is gonna last.I hope they really do take hugo danner as the influence for jon kent.I would say jon is alot like goldenage superman and hugo danner so far.All he now has to do is join the circus or go to a jungle breaking trees and stuff after being an outcast.

Jordan is the loner with awkward conversations.He doesn't have raw altruistic instinct like jonathan.It's more about control for the kid.He seems to be like batman in that.Turning the bad into a good.Loved the line,"Superman is boring.I am raiden".
    Coming from a guy who seems a bit like batman.That is saying something.His hair style and power instability is similar to jon from comics.If jordan likes mangas as well as games,Then that would be it.All the influences from comics jon kent.He ain't the eternal sunshine jon kent is.Nor is he in it for impersonal view point.This is about him like it is for bruce.He makes choices when he gets pushed into a corner.Turn whatever bad in his life to feul his actions.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-23-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"