Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

I'm a bit frustrated because it's raining here, so the signal my antenna is picking up isn't great - the channel is very in and out...but, I'm getting the gist of it, and Jor El looks great.

This was cool
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

New theory: It's an Injustice situation. His world's Superman's family was killed and he went all dictator.
    Assassinate Putin!

On the one hand, eugh evil Superman - on the other, this Superman will be proven to not go evil despite Captain Luthor's fears.

Jonathan and Jordan Kent are really my favorite characters on the show, and the focus between Jon, Jordan, Lois, and Clark is handled really well.

Why do I feel like Captain Luthor's story arc for this season concludes with him becoming a good guy.

Thought this episode did a good job of showcasing Superman’s power for those of you who complained he was too weak. Definitely was giving Lex the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    New theory: It's an Injustice situation. His world's Superman's family was killed and he went all dictator.
    Isn’t that the same black suit Superman from the Elseworlds crossover? What was his deal again?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

The Elseworld evil Superman was some guy named John Deegan, this black suit version is Clark Kent gone evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the one hand, eugh evil Superman - on the other, this Superman will be proven to not go evil despite Captain Luthor's fears.
    Yeah it’s a little depressing that evil Superman is basically mandatory in everything Superman now, but at least this season will have Clark prove Luthor wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Why do I feel like Captain Luthor's story arc for this season concludes with him becoming a good guy.
    Wouldn’t mind that since we have Cryer for a mainstream Lex, and it would hopefully mean the next season’s bad guys would shift to other villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    The Elseworld evil Superman was some guy named John Deegan, this black suit version is Clark Kent gone evil.
    Ah thanks for reminding me. Forgot what the specifics were for that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thought this episode did a good job of showcasing Superman’s power for those of you who complained he was too weak. Definitely was giving Lex the works.

Isn’t that the same black suit Superman from the Elseworlds crossover? What was his deal again?
    I didn't think he was weak last episode - but I'm still not feeling the action/fighting scenes for some reason. The effects are good, the strength is there, but it feels...slower paced and small somehow? I just think the choreography still needs work or something.

The CW says it also delivered the largest day-one streaming audience for a new series in its history. Delayed viewing saw the series debut grow to 2.7 million total viewers.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...on-2-at-the-cw

Yeah like I said: While the actual numbers for the weekly viewings might not be that great, I think this show is going to be very strong streaming wise. When it hits HBO Max I think a lot of people will check it out.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I didn't think he was weak last episode - but I'm still not feeling the action/fighting scenes for some reason. The effects are good, the strength is there, but it feels...slower paced and small somehow? I just think the choreography still needs work or something.
    It's cause same sequances are used over and over again.It's choreography and movements are bland.The tension is also negligable cause only one time did we see fight actually breaking the skin of the opponent.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I think this season is going to end with Sam Lane turning on Clark. You had the Unit 7734 reference (from New Krypton, an anti-alien black ops group that Sam Lane faked his death in order to lead which was aimed at defending Earth from alien threats, including Superman). Then you have the history between Captain Luthor, Luthor’s Sam Lane, and Luthor’s Superman. Finally I think that Subjekt is going to be a take on comic Metallo, where Sam Lane captured/created him as a counter weapon in case Superman ever went rogue.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Ups and downs to this episode - felt much more CW formulaic, but glad to see the rest of the family and Lois especially take the lion's share of the character work this time, definitely still enjoying it - but I'm going to level with you all: favorite part was when Clark mentioned the photonucleic effect. Some Maggin love!
    Buh-bye

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

First off, I'm really enjoying this show. They shifted the spotlight more towards Lois & Jonathan this episode and it really sold me on this particular interpretation of Jon. I like that we're getting full-bore Lois *&%$ing Lane, world's greatest reporter, but the issues she's dealing with are complicated and are being presented with nuance. No one is a stereotype or a strawman, even Morgan Edge, which is kinda surprising.

That said, I would like a little more humor. The jokes that are there, though, land perfectly, like Jon & Jor facepalming simultaneously when Lois can't help but be herself at the townhall meeting. But I want more zingers and rat-a-tat-tat dialogue. The sober tone worked given the death of Martha in the pilot, but I want to see that as the show's regular atmosphere. It still feels a little too dark for my tastes, but I understand everyone's tastes may differ there.

I also want more baddies than alt-Earth Luthor and yet another evil Superman (even if it's meant to refute that idea). I want new Superman rogues.