Page 100 of 127 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1897
    BANNED

Blake Ritson’s brainiac should be the villain of future seasons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Originally Wole was going to play basically the E3 Alexander Luthor, but one of the writers suggested the idea of him actually being John Henry Irons and they ended up going with that. So I do think they took some of her critiques to heart.

Also stats!

https://twitter.com/welshdragonu/sta...801917447?s=21

Someone explain these statistics

Is it good or bad?

Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois episode 12 "Through The Valley of Death" (contains spoilers, mostly written as I was watching during commercial breaks)

1. Zod. They're seriously trying to bring back fricking Zod to possess Clark on Superman And Lois (SAL).

I feel like I saw this or something like already on Smallville with the Kryptonian conscience possessing Clark and / or Lex. It's been done. If there are two Superman villains who need a live-action timeout, it's Zod and Lex.

2. So there was NO contingency plan prior to Superman's submission to Edge last episode??

Clark was really just going to allow himself to be turned to potentially eradicate humanity in order to momentarily spare his own family.

Which makes no sense as they would surely be targeted after he was turned into Zod. And when Lois made that phone call earlier, I was so sure they were going to enact some previously (offscreen) agreed-upon plan. Nope. So dumb. Why was there no plan?

3. I have no idea how the concept of sound works on SAL. Jordan and Edge talking to each other across vast distances via super-hearing and ... super-talking? Some kind of hypersonic radio bubble? Ok, why not.

4. Lois' blind faith that Clark will just win because of (cue Dom Toretto's gravelly voice) "family" struck me as impossibly naive of her since she already knew Edge was erasing personalities for other Kryptonian hosts to take over.

She can have all the faith in her husband, but her expecting others (especially the military) to do so was dumb and I'm glad less selfish heads initially prevailed.

5. John Henry Irons will hopefully officially become Steel at some point, but right now he is kinda the Batman of this show, the one who preps for the worst case scenario. I'll just say it: Wole Parks looks the part 1000x better than Shaquille O'Neal ever could. I really hope Parks becomes a series regular for Season 2.

6. Diggle! First real Arrowverse connection established on SAL. And a welcome one.

Still confused as hell as to what the Crisis affected as far as this planet's history goes. Lyle and Oliver were name-checked, so they existed. But still no mention of Kara at all keeps that "Separate Worlds" theory alive.

7. Jonathan continues to be Superboy in mind, if not body. He embodies the best part of Clark in these intense moments, both with Jordan and with John Henry. He's great to watch.

8. Superman vs Steel was great!

Sometimes you can tell where a lot of the money goes in an episode, and those outer space scenes were it. John Henry talked Clark through expelling Zod from his mind. But he did so only after he saw that Clark was willing to be killed on the spot to end Zod. Loved the shot of Superman and Steel both flying after Morgan Edge. THAT was pure comic book goodness.

9. I still have no use for Lana Lang, her husband, their kid, or their other kid whom I completely forgot about until this episode. This family sucks. Kick them out and move in John Henry and his daughter Nat instead.

10. Wait, We're still not done with Morgan Edge?? Blerg. What possible Plan C could he have left at this point? I sincerely hope he's done with the show after this season.

Bottom line: I'm really tired of the evil / mind-altered Superman stories. In any medium. This can't be the main ongoing threat for the show in future seasons. Only 3 more episodes left in this one. Really glad that John Henry Irons now knows Clark's Secret and is a friend of the family.

Basically, the first 40 minutes of this hour mostly annoyed me, but the last 20 minutes mostly redeemed it.

Grade: 6/10. This is fine.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post

Is it good or bad?
    The stats says that ep. 10 was watched by 961k viewers the day it aired, and another 941k watched it within 7 days from its airing (Live+7) for a total viewers of 1,902M (live+dvr).

Arrowverse shows like Flash and Supergirl had better ratings up to the end of their 6th and 4th season respectively. S&L started with similar ratings of Batwoman S1 but the former is doing better in the 2nd half of the current season.

It's good or bad depending of what were the network expectations for the show.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-16-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post

Is it good or bad?
    It’s the second most popular show on the CW behind Walker right now is how the stats read to me. Doesn’t compare with the highs of the Flash or Supergirl at their peak, but it’s outdoing them all right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So I don't get why Clark had to join Edge of he could've just skipped all that and teamed up with Steel from the start?

This wasn't the best episode in my eyes, it was just ok.

Also I have a huge feeling Natalie exist in this universe as his niece, they didn't show his sister for nothing.
    Last edited by 9th.; 07-16-2021 at 05:13 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So who else thinks the Superman of Steel's Earth is still alive and we will see him sooner rather than later? I could see that being the season finale.
    He's definitely alive, I feel it in bones. Why we haven't seen him yet? I don't know
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Anyone else hoping they tone down the padding on the costume next season? It looks okay in certain shots, but all that padding looks really dumb if it's not shown from those specific angles.

It's not like Tyler hasn't got the physique to pull it off. He's shorter than we've traditionally had for our Superman actors, yes, but giving him that much padding looks ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Anyone else hoping they tone down the padding on the costume next season? It looks okay in certain shots, but all that padding looks really dumb if it's not shown from those specific angles.

It's not like Tyler hasn't got the physique to pull it off. He's shorter than we've traditionally had for our Superman actors, yes, but giving him that much padding looks ridiculous
    100% with you on that, it's distracting at times.

I noticed it a lot when Superman was sprawled on the ground and we saw his torso.

Definitely. It rides up like it inflated or something - if it's going to be attached to the suit like that, it needs to be tighter to him and have been tested to not ride up when he's bent or laying down. Especially given how much quality the rest of the show has, it's interesting that this was seemingly overlooked.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Thoughts on #SupermanAndLois episode 12 "Through The Valley of Death" (contains spoilers, mostly written as I was watching during commercial breaks)

1. Zod. They're seriously trying to bring back fricking Zod to possess Clark on Superman And Lois (SAL).

I feel like I saw this or something like already on Smallville with the Kryptonian conscience possessing Clark and / or Lex. It's been done. If there are two Superman villains who need a live-action timeout, it's Zod and Lex.

2. So there was NO contingency plan prior to Superman's submission to Edge last episode??

Clark was really just going to allow himself to be turned to potentially eradicate humanity in order to momentarily spare his own family.

Which makes no sense as they would surely be targeted after he was turned into Zod. And when Lois made that phone call earlier, I was so sure they were going to enact some previously (offscreen) agreed-upon plan. Nope. So dumb. Why was there no plan?

3. I have no idea how the concept of sound works on SAL. Jordan and Edge talking to each other across vast distances via super-hearing and ... super-talking? Some kind of hypersonic radio bubble? Ok, why not.

4. Lois' blind faith that Clark will just win because of (cue Dom Toretto's gravelly voice) "family" struck me as impossibly naive of her since she already knew Edge was erasing personalities for other Kryptonian hosts to take over.

She can have all the faith in her husband, but her expecting others (especially the military) to do so was dumb and I'm glad less selfish heads initially prevailed.

5. John Henry Irons will hopefully officially become Steel at some point, but right now he is kinda the Batman of this show, the one who preps for the worst case scenario. I'll just say it: Wole Parks looks the part 1000x better than Shaquille O'Neal ever could. I really hope Parks becomes a series regular for Season 2.

6. Diggle! First real Arrowverse connection established on SAL. And a welcome one.

Still confused as hell as to what the Crisis affected as far as this planet's history goes. Lyle and Oliver were name-checked, so they existed. But still no mention of Kara at all keeps that "Separate Worlds" theory alive.

7. Jonathan continues to be Superboy in mind, if not body. He embodies the best part of Clark in these intense moments, both with Jordan and with John Henry. He's great to watch.

8. Superman vs Steel was great!

Sometimes you can tell where a lot of the money goes in an episode, and those outer space scenes were it. John Henry talked Clark through expelling Zod from his mind. But he did so only after he saw that Clark was willing to be killed on the spot to end Zod. Loved the shot of Superman and Steel both flying after Morgan Edge. THAT was pure comic book goodness.

9. I still have no use for Lana Lang, her husband, their kid, or their other kid whom I completely forgot about until this episode. This family sucks. Kick them out and move in John Henry and his daughter Nat instead.

10. Wait, We're still not done with Morgan Edge?? Blerg. What possible Plan C could he have left at this point? I sincerely hope he's done with the show after this season.

Bottom line: I'm really tired of the evil / mind-altered Superman stories. In any medium. This can't be the main ongoing threat for the show in future seasons. Only 3 more episodes left in this one. Really glad that John Henry Irons now knows Clark's Secret and is a friend of the family.

Basically, the first 40 minutes of this hour mostly annoyed me, but the last 20 minutes mostly redeemed it.

Grade: 6/10. This is fine.
    In regards to the lack of contingency plan, from what I understood, calling Irons WAS the contingency. When he said "we're out of time " last episode (or something to that effect) it was code for Lois to call in Irons, because he would do what would have to be done without the fear of Lois, the boys and even Sam possibly hesitating to kill him if it had to come to that.

Granted, I too would have preferred a more elaborate plan where Lois, Clark and John came up with something together, but it was a plan nevertheless.

As for Kara...this is speculation on my part mostly, but believe that Superman and Lois Season one is set after the current season of Supergirl. The series finale of that show is coming, and rumor is Melissa Benoist doesn't want to cameo in the Arrowverse after her show wraps up, and all indications is that the series will give Kara a conclusion where she will not be around in the present day Arrowverse.

Whether that means she dies, goes to the 31st Century to join the Legion or goes to live on Argo, Kara is probably not going to be around. I Imagine the Superman and Lois producers are aware of this and thus don't want to step on any toes regarding what is going to happen there. Its simply easier to not mention her. For all we know her series finale may result in Kara being somehow written out of the timeline and thus no one remembers her. Not likely, but possible. We won't know until that series wraps.

The only thing that potentially disputes my theory is Diggle's appearance this week, but the circumstances around his arrival is vague enough that it simply could occur after his appearances on Batwoman, Flash and Supergirl
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-18-2021 at 05:43 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I’m not expecting Edge to continue after this season, he is 100% going to die or get banished to the Phantom Zone. Kara I’m not sure what the plan is with her, although it’s funny to me that people still can’t seem to grasp how the shared universe works. You’d think people would accept by now that the other heroes won’t show up unless it’s explicitly a crossover.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think Edge is going to become the Eradicator and maybe take himself out after Clark gets through to him as his brother.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not expecting Edge to continue after this season, he is 100% going to die or get banished to the Phantom Zone. Kara I’m not sure what the plan is with her, although it’s funny to me that people still can’t seem to grasp how the shared universe works. You’d think people would accept by now that the other heroes won’t show up unless it’s explicitly a crossover.
    Most of her history has been wiped out due to COIE. Whether or not the PZ is even part of her history anymore is up for debate. They're still using the pre-Crisis Fortress.
    Assassinate Putin!