Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1897
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Is tonight the season finale?
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Is tonight the season finale?
    No I believe we have two more after this one. Run is 15 episodes.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    No I believe we have two more after this one. Run is 15 episodes.
    Thanks. I just found it on another site. BTW, here's an interview with Sofia Hasmik who plays Christi Beppo:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/kryptonsi...chrissy-beppo/
    Assassinate Putin!

So a bit of a filler episode here, not bad but with last episode being so climatic, and Larr (what is her deal anyway?) being captured in the opening, not a whole lot going on until the last 10 minutes.
    -that fist bump was cool to see, Steel and Superman dynamic was really great, very Batman and Superman-y in more ways than one.
    -Really happy with the outcome of Clark's character arc, with his changing view on kryptonite. Always thought he was in the wrong there.
    -I like how what you'd expect to be a huge W for Lois with undercovering the Edge conspiracy actually put her in a tough ethical position with it all being linked back to the family.
    -They put kids in jail for playing hookey?
    -Interesting friendship brewing between Jon and the guy he hit with a truck. Like the uncle Edge just isn't.
    -i just feel terrible for the Cushings, seriously, the people of Smallville are dicks.
    -Maybe you guys were on to something with Clark's secret id being exposed or at least threatened. Lois and Clark look more devestated in that promo than we've ever seen them. Could be something bad happened to the sons or Lois's dad but since the way Clark seems genuinely scared makes me think this is different from something he'd usually put on a brave face for.
    -ahhhghhh 3 weeks, whhhhhy?!?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 07-21-2021 at 09:31 AM.

That Supreman + Steel fist-bump .

Superman being the better man and not crushing Edge's dad crystal like Edge crushed Jor-El. But wait, Edge had Lara's crystal? He just never used it? Is it still around ?

So...there was no grand plan to Leslie Larr making an obvious attack to free Edge and getting herself caught? That was their contingency plan? It's not like Edge freed her when he got loose. Although it's too late to save the human in the body she's in, which is a bit of a bummer.

I guess I understand the town wanting to know what was really going on, but considering how they all turned on the Cushing's and how complicated it is, do they really need to know everything? But I guess I don't know everything.

Poor Lois realizing she's no longer a paragon of truth when she has grown accustomed to lying and covering stuff up to protect her family. I don't think that's wrong, but I guess it makes being a journalist harder. Even Clark admits they've played fast and loose with their journalistic integrity because of him being Superman.

I have to admit I never though I would see Superman having to advocate to Sam Lane why they would need a bunch of Kryptonite contingencies in case they need to take down Superman. Like, for once Sam was going to get rid of it all willingly, and they have a lot of Kryptonite, and then Clark pulls a 180. I get it, but I also felt some whiplash.

Both Kent boys skip school to hang out with girls, although Jordan's was decidedly more romantic than Jon's was...up until he and Sarah got arrested for skipping school. I'm kind of surprised that actually happened since it seems like kids never get caught playing hooky on these shows, and you'd expect that would happen to Jon of anyone at this point.

Poor John Henry Irons thought he was done trying to kill Superman, but was now given the job of having to kill Superman if he has to. It's basically like when Superman gives Batman the Kryptonite he always uses.

I guess for a man so used to controlling himself, feeling free for once, even if by manipulation, could be kind of cathartic.

I feel really bad for the Cushing's. They don't deserve this. And Kyle is so done that he's ready to move and leave it all behind, which might endanger Sarah and Jordan's relationship. I want to see Lana run for mayor and beat that guy though .

So the plan was always for Edge to become the Eradicator and erase his humanity? He seemed hesitant to go along with that plan and wanted to bring Clark in earlier, but what happened?

The cell was designed to hold Kryptonians, but not the Eradicator. And I'm guessing that absorption of the sun is going to complete his transformation into Eradicator, complete with the glowing eyes that will presumably be covered by a visor.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    -They put kids in jail for playing hookey?
    I think the protocol is to arrest them, although you'd think it would be simple to just take them back to school. Although it might depend on the State.
    -Maybe you guys were on to something with Clark's secret id being exposed or at least threatened. Lois and Clark look more devestated in that promo than we've ever seen them. Could be something bad happened to the sons or Lois's dad but since the way Clark seems genuinely scared makes me think this is different from something he'd usually put on a brave face for.
    I think Eradicator!Edge grabs the kids.

Mighty Member

I think the idea is that the police were extra hard on Jordan and Sarah, because of the ill-will toward the Cushings. That's what Lana was getting at when she questioned the ridiculousness of them being arrested since everyone has trespassed on that spot in the past.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

My guess is Larr is either a human who fell in love with Edge and he gave her powers, or she's an innocent victim who won't remember anything when she's finally beaten and whoever is possessing her is driven out. But that doesn't seem very likely as they might want to use her in the future.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My guess is Larr is either a human who fell in love with Edge and he gave her powers, or she's an innocent victim who won't remember anything when she's finally beaten and whoever is possessing her is driven out. But that doesn't seem very likely as they might want to use her in the future.
    Larr made out with that one guy who Lois was trying to find, presumably because of the Kryptonian in his body.

She's not a victim anymore because the Kryptonian consciousness has completely taken over her body. The human host is effectively dead.

Okay this show isn't for me. I loved the pilot episode, but this doesn't have any of the Friday Night Lights flavor that brought me in. The main drama with the kryptonians possessions was something we had already gone through with the Smallville tv show and everything else feels too much lore focussed.

The personal drama also doesn't grab me as much as it did during the pilot and the town feels much more make believe than it did at first.

This show doesn't feel fresh anymore. It's just like any other DC tv Show. I'm glad others seem to have something to enjoy, but it sucks that it's so different from what that great trailer and pilot promised.

I thought this was gonna be about various characters just trying their best to get through life and dealing with the complications of adulthood.

The emotional core of the story would be in the Clark Kent part, not the Superman part. A mechanical assailant is the invasive crisis Superman has to deal with, but it's nothing compared to the shitty things the people in town are up to.

But nope. The Kyle character is wayy too sympathetic and Lana herself should be far more lost than she is.

Rant over

I think they're doing a good job of balancing the emotional conflicts and making the characters feel real and fleshed out and getting people invested in the cast.

I mean, it's a Superman show. He has to fight aliens and monsters. That's kind of his thing.
    Assassinate Putin!

-Ah I did wonder whether they were going to tie up the X-Kryptonite plot thread, glad to see that wasn’t forgotten. Of course that still leaves Smallville on the road to ruin without a replacement
    -Oh no Jon lol, they better not be setting him up to get punked again with a girlfriend fakeout
    -It’s good to see Lois & Chrissy trying to put the story together of just what the hell happened
    -Hah ok I’m really enjoying Clark and John’s dynamic together. There’s a lot of awkwardness as you’d expect, but I do love that Clark saw the connection between his origin and how John ended up on a different Earth from the one he started from
    -“Nice shot.” “Thanks.” yeah the beginnings of the bro ship are here! damn I didn’t expect Leslie to get wrapped up so easily
    -Sam dismantling 7734 basically means he and Clark should be on the same page again… but Clark seems a little conflicted
    -Annnnd Jon’s finally decided to do something for himself even though it’s not responsible. I’m sure it won’t bite him in the ass immediately
    -This teenage flirting is so painfully awkward it’s giving me PTSD flashbacks, hilarious seeing the twins both doing the exact same thing though
    -Kyle’s scapegoat status continues, I really do wonder where this plot is leading given how much time has been spent on fleshing out the Cushings
    -Sam makes a pretty good argument, but it also doesn’t feel right to me like Lois says. They’re basically covering the story up because it would inconvenience the family if it got out, and that feels like an abuse of authority to me
    -Edge’s speech to Kal was a nice callback to the speech Clark gave Jordan way back when as a way of contrasting
    -Oh man Lois lying to Chrissy? She managed to avoid being put into the same position as the rest of the family when it comes to covering up for Superman, but not anymore. And I love that Chrissy saw right through her! Anyone who is going to be a Lois acolyte has to be able to spot bullshit even when it’s coming from Lois herself
    -Jon can tell that’s something up, Tegan is totally just faking interest in him just to get info about what went down with Edge. Seeing the old Smallville logo on the water tower had me feeling nostalgic
    -The mayor is totally going to stab Kyle in the back and blame him for everything in order to cover for himself isn’t he? Bet that’s what drives Kyle over the edge although I don’t know what will happen then
    -Lmao Jon may have gotten his dad’s strong moral compass, but Jordan is 100% the guy who is an absolute dork and punches way above his weight in the dating arena just like Clark
    -Clark’s finally realized the importance of having countermeasures for guys like him. Makes sense, this is the guy who is usually ok with Batman having Kryptonite weapons. I’m hoping Clark gives John Henry Irons a Kryptonite ring in a recreation of that moment and as a way of showing how much he trusts Irons
    -Cute memento of Natalie on Irons armor. Too soon to hope he’ll end up spraying, wearing the S-shield?
    -“You’re getting kind of pushy” hah! I like the relationship between Irons and the AI, reminds me of the Master Chief/Cortana relationship. Wonder if he’ll end up naming the AI? Lmaooo at the AI encouraging John and Jon to bond that’s fantastic!
    -Hahaha Jon lucked out, Lois has to deal with Clark first! And perfect timing for Jordan gl get arrested for cutting class!
    -“What’s there to talk about, you’re wrong I’m right” yeah that’s Lois alright ok this is actually some great organic drama
    -Yep the mayor was a two-faced jackass as expected
    -Lana and Lois’ friendship is really cute lol
    -So Clark is still feeling the effects of Zod’s possession, how enjoyable it was to just cut loose. Really enjoying the focus on the strain making sure he’s constantly reigning in his powers has on Clark
    -YESSSSS IRONS GETS THE FAILSAFE haha that was exactly what I was hoping would happen
    -Glad Lois was able to make it up to Chrissy with a statement
    -Oh **** Edge is now fully the Eradicator! Gotta say I kind of like this take on the Eradicator, feel like it gives him a good dynamic with Kal that the comic Eradicator lacks. Surprised I’ve slowly been won over on the secret brother trope, normally I hate that
    -“It’s a war suit” lmao
    -Holy **** that scene of Edge sunbathing was badass! Damnit now we have to wait two weeks!

It’s kind of funny you quit now Alpha, this episode was basically a return to the earlier episodes focus on the problems in Smallville with the Edge plotline cooking in the background. Really enjoyed this episode, Edge is basically the Rebirth version of the Eradicator now, possessed by the ghosts of dead Kryptonians and trying to restore Krypton.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-21-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s kind of funny you quit now Alpha, this episode was basically a return to the earlier episodes focus on the problems in Smallville with the Edge plotline cooking in the background. Really enjoyed this episode, Edge is basically the Rebirth version of the Eradicator now, possessed by the ghosts of dead Kryptonians and trying to restore Krypton.
    Now all he's missing is the Eradicator costume, but I'm guessing that sun absorption is going to transform him to fit the bill, just with his own house crest instead of the House of El.

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1...742981120?s=21

#SupermanAndLois: The Complete First Season will hit Blu-Ray and DVD on October 19.

The sets will include all 15 episodes, plus four bonuses:

- Superman: Alien Spirit
    - Superman and Lois Legacy of Hope
    - Never Alone: Heroes and Allies
    - DC FanDome Panel: Superman & Lois
    Is that confirmation that there will be a S&L panel for this Fandome? It’s totally expected but something to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now all he's missing is the Eradicator costume, but I'm guessing that sun absorption is going to transform him to fit the bill, just with his own house crest instead of the House of El.
    Would love if he ends up looking like the take from Rebirth, that was my favorite design:

He kind of did when he emitted that energy blast in his cell albeit blue instead of yellow.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/