Page 106 of 127 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1897
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Like the Super-Mullet, I have no problem understanding that they're both dumpy and rad.

That sound you hear is Dan Jurgens's exhasperated sigh as he tries again, futilely, to convince us for the millionth time that it wasn't a mullet goddammit, even though it was....it really was.
    Especially when Bogdanove drew it. Complete with CK Pony Tail.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Same tends to get hit with informed wrongness in this show.

Kyle probably will.
    For the viewers there’s been lots of stories about Superman losing control or going bad. With that meta knowledge it’s hard to find fault with how Sam has operated, something even Clark acknowledged last episode by telling him to keep the Kryptonite and also giving Irons some Kryptonite as a safeguard. But within the show itself Clark hasn’t done anything to warrant that level of distrust, and his counterpart was almost certainly possessed by Zod and thus not responsible either, so there’s a disconnect between the internal world of the show and the viewers.

Yeah I think that will ultimately be where the show ends, the Cushings stay but Kyle has to commute and that keeps the family tension but adds a new flavor to it. I wonder what they’re going to do about Smallville next season since I doubt it’s problems will be solved next episode? Will next season continue its decline?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Especially when Bogdanove drew it. Complete with CK Pony Tail.
    Bogdanove's art was something I was too young and dumb to appreciate at the time, but I've come to understand now that he and Stuart Immonem were easily the best Superman artists of that era.

One of these days, I'm going to reread Wizzie & Bog's Man of Steel comics because I suspect they were real stars of the Triangle Era all along...

Incredible Member

I find the whole Superman is about to go bad eye rolling to be honest. Superman has been around
    for 80 years, we know what his character is like by now. But it seems to be a theme that
    people like exploring at the moment.

But ultimately you can only go so far with the evil Superman motif. Eventually, Clark is going back
    to his default position.

But then I am getting bored with the umpteenth battle between Superman and the beserk Kryptonians.
    But I know others feel differently.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Bogdanove's art was something I was too young and dumb to appreciate at the time, but I've come to understand now that he and Stuart Immonem were easily the best Superman artists of that era.

One of these days, I'm going to reread Wizzie & Bog's Man of Steel comics because I suspect they were real stars of the Triangle Era all along...
    The early issues of Man of Steel up until Doomsday was great stuff and was still good after too.

Their three issue Golden Age pastiche during the Dominus storyline was amazing. I would love to see them reteam on a miniseries or graphic novel revisiting the Siegel and Shuster era Man of Steel.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The early issues of Man of Steel up until Doomsday was great stuff and was still good after too.

Their three issue Golden Age pastiche during the Dominus storyline was amazing. I would love to see them reteam on a miniseries or graphic novel revisiting the Siegel and Shuster era Man of Steel.
    Absolutely. The 1938 storyline is fantastic

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Pretty solid episode.

Really liked how now that Edge is full Eradicator, he barely even speaks, just spews out straight bad. But yes, he does need the shades in some form.

The Jon/John stuff continues to be a highlight. Wasn’t really expecting Irons to shut out Jon like that but it makes sense and its a good way for the show to continue the character development over a longer arc than if they were buds right off the bat.

Jon outsmarting Clark when wanting to work with Irons… “You’re making too much sense, get out of here.”

Jon: “So how many volts is that?”
    John: “More than you can handle.” Badass.

The Irons hammer toss was insane. So cool how they circled back to the Lois on the roof scene and perfectly fitting that it was Irons who saved her. And loved how all the high school kids are like, “OOOOH!” when the hammer hits. I think I did the very same thing, heh.

Same Lane had the funny line of the show (drunk teens) but Irons calling a guy Chuckles is a close second.

Selling the Smallville Gazette… ouch.

Massive cheese scene:
    Lana making a pie and Kyle will be “back in time to start the ribs.” Sometimes the any-town USA stuff is a little too on the nose. Frankly, I never really warmed up to Kyle myself. Way to hammy IMO. He’s the only weak point in the show for me.

Man, if I ever called my parents “so freakin stupid,” I’d have been in big trouble.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

It is the CW version of how kids relate to parents. It has frequently been a theme throughout the show.
    Something similar happened on Stargirl where they let the kids vote on the family vacation,
    with the dog casting the deciding vote. Nothing like that ever happened in my family growing up.
    But it has been part of Superman and Lois where the kids are just as much the stars of the show.
    Clark's just wanting to be the kids' pal has driven me crazy, but it is too late to stop now.

I actually like the show. Jordan has grown on me, while Jon is a good kid, but at times
    I wish someone would tell him he is trying too hard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    It is the CW version of how kids relate to parents. It has frequently been a theme throughout the show.
    Something similar happened on Stargirl where they let the kids vote on the family vacation,
    with the dog casting the deciding vote. Nothing like that ever happened in my family growing up.
    But it has been part of Superman and Lois where the kids are just as much the stars of the show.
    Clark's just wanting to be the kids' pal has driven me crazy, but it is too late to stop now.

I actually like the show. Jordan has grown on me, while Jon is a good kid, but at times
    I wish someone would tell him he is trying too hard.
    But hasn't Clark been this way with Jon since Rebirth?

Incredible Member

Others can answer better for the books.

But certainly on the show.

The Eradicator just doesn't look right without those huge, yellow, oversized shades. Like, I get it would probably seem random if he suddenly had those (I was assuming his eyes would just morph into them somehow), but it just doesn't look complete without them. I wonder if some of Edge is still in there though, if only for a final scene with his brother...

Wow, Lois actually apologized to Sam. Never thought I'd see that. Honestly I understand that people want to understand the truth but I feel like I see the military's perspective of wanting to keep everyone from panicking or worrying about everything if they knew the truth. Just look at how Chrissy's article stoked the fires of the citizens' outrage when the DoD is just there for security, especially with Edge still out there, and Clark thought the article exaggerated a little. How would people react to knowledge of X-Kryptonite and the idea of having Superman's powers at the touch of a rock? I feel bad for that woman though, still not knowing how her son died, although it wasn't pretty...

Clark Kent's best friend? Sorry Pete Ross, but it's definitely Lana Lang here. Honestly I feel like they could have made Kyle Pete and that would've given us probably the most compelling version of Pete Ross ever, which I think is a testament to the show making Kyle a character that feels so real and worth empathizing with, which is something I never thought I'd say.

Steel might be in a better place now, but don't let that fool you, John Henry Irons has seen some @#$^ and he's not just a happy-go-lucky Superhero.

Chrissy needing to sell her paper makes me wonder who owns the Daily Planet now that Edge is a wanted fugitive and the military might've seized his assets.

I was wondering if Clark might slip by and come to the town hall as Superman to try and calm everyone down, although I'm not sure if that would've helped. Does the general public know this whole evil plot is the fault of Superman's Kryptonian half-brother?

I wonder if there's something to the fact that Jon's potential love interest was from Central City and her dad is in prison. Like, it feels like it's setting up that The Flash put her dad in prison, but I'm not sure if he was a Supervillain or a name character. Maybe they might address that if The Flash crosses over with SM&L next year as part of their five-part crossover story?

I'm thinking to myself that the quickest solution to the long-distance thing between Jordan and Sara is Jordan gaining super-speed so he can just visit her in a second whenever he wants, although that would probably raise questions. He couldn't even come up with a quick excuse when he repeated something Sara's mom said that he overheard with his super-hearing.

I understand why Sara is so upset but it's not really fair for her to fault her parents on this one. Like, the whole town hates them and doesn't want them working there, are they under any obligation to tough it out when there are better prospects outside Smallville? They did what they thought was right and the town turned on them for it.

Steel is now basically Thor with his own Mjolnir he can just fling and have fly wherever he needs it too and it's as awesome as it sounds .

Jeez, Lois was this close to repeating her death from John Henry's Earth, but Steel isn't about to let that happen again .

Well, Alexander Garfin now gets to play Kryptonian Palpatine in his body as Edge!Eradicator puts his father into Jordan's body. I wonder if this is going to unlock his full Kryptonian powerset?

https://www.tvinsider.com/1008153/su...ordan-preview/

The finale tomorrow will have lots of action apparently!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I applaud them in going for broke with the season finale. No matter how much they tell people that this is about the family dynamic, it's a Superman show. People are going to want to see some big action in the end.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

John Henry shined last episode, I'm ready for Clark to let loose.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    I've genuinely loved this show and agree with others that this could be one of the best live action versions of Superman and his mythos ever. That being said a nitpick : haven't we had multiple episodes where Clark is flat on his back at the mercy of an opponent at this point? After the "Red sun radiation" encounter in the previous episode and with Clark KNOWING he is going into a situation with Kryptonite--wouldn't he at least try to take some precautions to not have his ass handed to him--again?? Clark is not an idiot and shouldn't be scripted as one.
    As if that has ever happened..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"