Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1897
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I KNEW Natalie survived! I KNEW it! I'm guessing she and her half-brothers won't get along right away. And finding out her new "step-father" is the same guy who killed her mother on her Earth isn't going to go well. And Leslie Larr and Edge are still alive. Ready to be used next year.
    Assassinate Putin!

https://twitter.com/pagmyst/status/1...092422157?s=21
    #SupermanAndLois Showrunner, Todd Helbing, on little connections to other Arrowverse shows in Season 1 & where they lead...

"All I’ll say is that there have been a lot of questions about how these shows are tied together now. In Season 2, you’ll get a lot more of those answers”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I have to say, sam hasn't been the easiest character to like, but I'm glad about where he ended up.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just finished it.

While you're watching the final and getting sucked into the fun performances and great moments you almost forget that the season already ended like 3 times before this and was padded out in ways that really hurt how this all landed.

Leaps and bounds the best thing these shows have produced, but next time please feel free to make keep the episode count lower, or come with a story that requires 15 episodes because this did not.

I'll say this though, Steel stole the show and literally all of the action scenes. I'd literally perk up every time I'd see him on screen. Can't say enough good things about the actor and the character.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-17-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well, that was OK, I guess. I didn’t find the conclusion to the big arc very satisfying. It felt like Clark and co. got the win because it was the finale and it was time to get the win, rather than because there was a compelling reason for it. I think the show snatched victory from our heroes so many times that this felt like more of the same. We’ve captured the villains! The villains have escaped! We’ve defeated the nu-Kryptonians! Eradicator’s made more nu-Kryptonians! Wait, we won again ... for real this time!

I thought the season started off stronger than it ended. A lot of the more nuanced character work I liked got left behind in the finale in favor of CGI and stock sentiment. The guy playing Morgan Edge had to do so much silent “energy hands!” acting in this that I began to feel bad for him.

I did like where Jordan ended up. He had a good arc — from whiny, almost unbearable brat to a smiling Superman in training. That was nice.

I’ll tune in next season. The cast is really good, and there was a lot to like along the way. But this ending was a letdown. Overall, I’d give the season a B-, maybe.

C+ to a B- seems fair, yeah.

Mainly because the bar was set high with the first few episodes.

Hopefully season 2 is a bit more mindful and wise with its time. Nothing wrong with a shorter season if you don't have the story for it. And you most certainly don't need to have a crazy amount of story to make a good season.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Weird, I'm the complete opposite - I thought the first few episodes were the weakest of the bunch and that the show got much better as it went along. To each their own I guess.

having freshly finished I thought this season was awesome 5/5 easily the best superhero show I've seem in a long time (sorry disney + marvel, besides maybe Loki were mostly disappointments.) And definitely the best Superman content in a very long time

-could have had Zeta Jordan talk way less, the dub thing was really hard to take seriously
    -Surprised Sam Kyle and even Edge all survived
    -Superman and Steel teamwork is still great to see
    -Nat being alive is no surprise, interested in where that leads, are they actually gonna live together? I feel like that'd be more than a little unhealthy.
    -Really making us feel bad for the holodad huh? I was kinda expecting them to replace him with Lara, could have swore there was setup for that.
    - If Zodified alt Superman isn't the villain for next season, I could see them building him for for a future one.
    -guessing the next DOD leader will be more of a Amanda Waller antagonist type.

There were a lot of false endings, so to speak. I would say if the show has a weak spot (besides lifting too much from other versions) it would be that. Holodad may come back later. But my guess is that he will be replaced with holomom instead. Edge still has the crystal for her, if I'm not mistaken. I kind of suspected Nat would show up eventually. Either from Earth Prime or his Earth but I didn't expect it to be this season. We didn't get to see the set up for a major baddie for next season so I wonder how far along they are on that. With all the false endings this one had, I wonder if they aren't playing it by ear a little bit. Edge and Larr are still alive and I wonder if they will be the series regular baddies going forward. So we may not see Luthor for a while.
    Assassinate Putin!

Hope not. I’ve had enough of Edge, holodad and the whole Krypton plot line. Hope next season is something different.

I wonder if they're trying to negotiate Cryer's appearance on the show for next season with Supergirl ending. His Luthor is a little too cartoony for this show though.
    Assassinate Putin!

I discussed it with a friend last night, but I genuinely laughed hard as sh!t when I saw Natasha's ship land and it become clear that the Irons are here to stay.

I laughed because I HONESTLY can't figure out Jon Kent's "thing" in this show now. Like, he doesn't have football anymore, Jordan got the powers, and now Nat is clearly on track to be Steel 2.

Seriously, I can't be the only person who now thinks this show was originally made for one son of Superman and not two.

If it were one son then Nat's inclusion would then create that tech counter balance to the one son's physical power. You'd have the next gen Superman and Steel and half brother and sister learning to get along and create this modern blended where everyone has a defined and clear role.

But as it stands it's "ah, look, it's the next gen Superman and Steel in training trying to make it work....and oh any Jon's here too, I guess."

______

I swear to God, just give him f&%king powers, kill him off, or make a spin off because this is just blowing my mind at this point. Everyone telling those of us who have had an issue with Jon's unimpactful role had that "told ya so" energy when Steel seemed to take him under his wing, but now that's yet again HILARIOUSLY overshadowed by Nat who is already a proven genius and Steel 2 in the comics.

We gonna spend all next season with Jon showing some unconditional support to his half sister as she runs rings around him in tech.

Is the idea just to make him everyone's cheerleader?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I laughed because I HONESTLY can't figure out Jon Kent's "thing" in this show now. Like, he doesn't have football anymore, Jordan got the powers, and now Nat is clearly on track to be Steel 2.

I swear to God, just give him f&%king powers, kill him off, or make a spin off because this is just blowing my mind at this point. Everyone telling those of us who have had an issue with Jon's unimpactful role had that "told ya so" energy when Steel seemed to take him under his wing, but now that's yet again HILARIOUSLY overshadowed by Nat who is already a proven genius and Steel 2 in the comics.

We gonna spend all next season with Jon showing some unconditional support to his half sister as she runs rings around him in tech.

Is the idea just to make him everyone's cheerleader?
    They could set him up to follow Lois now. If they have Jordan as "Clark", Natasha as "Steel", Jon could track to Lois. Personally, I think that would've worked better if Jordan had been a daughter, but it gives him a role that tracks the main adult set of characters and they've laid some groundwork with Lois there already with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They could set him up to follow Lois now. If they have Jordan as "Clark", Natasha as "Steel", Jon could track to Lois. Personally, I think that would've worked better if Jordan had been a daughter, but it gives him a role that tracks the main adult set of characters and they've laid some groundwork with Lois there already with him.
    Seems like a full plate over there with Lois and her partner at newspaper. Also the girl that Jon idolizes Lois and was proactive in trying to get information out of Jon. If anyone of the younger kids is going to follow Lois (not in the literal sense) then it's probably her. Once again, this show doesn't seem to have any room for Jon.

But I'm sure he'll be happy to cheer her, Nat, and Jordan along while he perpetually hurts his arm and shoots guns sometimes.

-The Cushings being the ones to help the Kents is a nice way of bringing the two families storylines together, and also a nice way of bringing Kyle’s arc in particular full circle
    -Clark really should’ve known something was up the minute he found Jordan all alone
    -Really should’ve kept those Kryptonite weapons handy Sam, like Clark told you to
    -Damn Steel really is the “Batman” of this show, he’s even got the World’s Finest moniker now!
    -Oh hey that memory reader is showing up again! And Lois’ is taking the lead on saving Jordan along with Jon!
    -All these shots of Clark searching the world are my jam, they always do a great job of conveying the scope of the threat
    -“Here’s all the weapons I borrowed”
    -RED SOLAR LAMP ATTACHMENT TO HIS WARHAMMER! Steel is so f****** cool, why is this show seemingly the only major piece of Superman content to realize that?
    -Hah was not expecting Killgrave’s weapon to make a reappearance!
    -Irons deadpan humor plays off well against Clark’s sincerity
    -Fight scene time! Thank Rao for Kryptonian invulnerability or those guys would definitely be dead lol
    -Just remembered that the barn is where Jordan first got his powers and also where he saved Jon’s life, fitting that it’s where Jon and Lois try to return the favor. Guess Jordan can fly now as well?
    -Damn that hammer throw was awesome, and in another bookends that it’s Irons who ends up falling to Earth
    -Surprised Edge is still alive, I fully expected him to die
    -Clark coming clean about Edge to Chrissy is a good way of saving the paper along with Lois putting the money from selling their Metropolis house towards keeping operations running
    -Lmao Hoechlin’s theme song playing again!
    -Damn everything is coming full circle, even the I2 game is making a reappearance
    -Sam’s leaving the DOD huh? Guess that answers the question of where he’d ultimately fall, looks like he’ll be in the pro-Superman camp, and now the position is open for someone who can be much more of anti-Kryptonian/Superman hardliner to take over, that would be a good way of putting Supes on his back foot
    -Yeah Irons can’t stay, it’s just too awkward lol. We know he’ll be back next season so he’ll still have a role to play, but him living with the Kents is just too painful
    -The Fortress was so barebones I’m not even sure how totaled it is compared to before lol. Kal collecting the shards of Jor’s sunstone was nice though. S1 beginning and ending with the funeral of one of Clark’s parents is another nice bookend
    -S1 opened with a last son of a doomed planet crashing at the Kents. S1 ends with a last daughter of a doomed planet crashing at the Kents. It’s like pottery it rhymes as George Lucas would say.

All in all I thought it was a pretty good finale even if it skipped over some stuff I wish got addressed such as what’s going to happen with Edge? I really don’t see how or why they can keep him alive, he knows Clark’s secret identity! Plus his entire reason for being just got destroyed with the Eradicator, I almost would’ve preferred seeing him choose to off himself like that one Kryptonian soldier did earlier in the season. But I guess maybe they intend to have him be the “Zod” reoccurring Kryptonian villain, and I’m sure evil Clark (who I think is possessed by Zod as well) will show up to chase down Nat. I hope Edge and Zodman aren’t the only villains of S2 if they do end up getting used again.

Ultimately I give S1 an 8.5/10, going to write up my thoughts overall later.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/