Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1897

Would it really hurt this show to have Superman without the stubble? Too often they make him look more like a hobo.

In the comics the fortress was always more interesting pre-coie than post. For one thing it was actually Superman's fortress. Not Jor-El's. Nor was it a gift from the ereadicator. Also it was not destroyed at the proverbial drop of a hat. Though it would have been logical for Kal to have upgraded the traditional fortress into a tessaract/hypercube.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Would it really hurt this show to have Superman without the stubble? Too often they make him look more like a hobo.

In the comics the fortress was always more interesting pre-coie than post. For one thing it was actually Superman's fortress. Not Jor-El's. Nor was it a gift from the ereadicator. Also it was not destroyed at the proverbial drop of a hat. Though it would have been logical for Kal to have upgraded the traditional fortress into a tessaract/hypercube.
    I am certain that the only reason why the fortress looked so bare was because they are going to give him a new one next season anyway

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

As someone with perennial stubble, how dare you.

I think Hoechlin just grows it out too fast for him to not have an inconsistent level of scruff across filming. I have an uncle who genuinely does have scruff come in the day he shaves. Shaving multiple times a day just isn't good for the skin, either.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Stubble makes more sense in a way, he'd likely regrow hair faster than normal given his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://tvline.com/2021/08/25/the-fl...ddon-spoilers/

Looks like S&L won’t take part in the Fall crossover due to falling so far behind filming the first season.
    That sucks. Wouldn't have minded the boys meeting some of the other heroes out there, but I can see why it won't be included.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That sucks. Wouldn't have minded the boys meeting some of the other heroes out there, but I can see why it won't be included.
    I feel much the opposite. The further we stay away from the greater Arrowverse, the better.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I heard the other CW shows will be getting a boost in funding as well (dunno if it will be on the same level as S&L, but the Flash show is still incredibly popular so I can see that getting the biggest boost). I don’t mind references to the other Arrowverse shows if it gets fans of those shows to check S&L out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I heard the other CW shows will be getting a boost in funding as well (dunno if it will be on the same level as S&L, but the Flash show is still incredibly popular so I can see that getting the biggest boost). I don’t mind references to the other Arrowverse shows if it gets fans of those shows to check S&L out.
    That seems wise. The increasingly poor SFX of the CW superhero shows have become such punchline, they had to do something about it.

I'd like to see the SM&L team have a chance at writing The Flash and having him play off Superman.

I'm not sure how, if ever, they'll make sense of Kara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That seems wise. The increasingly poor SFX of the CW superhero shows have become such punchline, they had to do something about it.
    Well, at the very least it was a pretty common criticism of the last season of The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to see the SM&L team have a chance at writing The Flash and having him play off Superman.

I'm not sure how, if ever, they'll make sense of Kara.

Well, at the very least it was a pretty common criticism of the last season of The Flash.
    I heard it a lot in regards to Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, too. I mean, they must have explained away Citizen Steel's power by this point. The actor himself said they're too expensive to ever show, so they must have figured out some explanation for why he never uses them. Or maybe they didn't even bother. That show is so goofy they probably don't care

I heard it a lot in regards to Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, too. I mean, they must have explained away Citizen Steel's power by this point. The actor himself said they're too expensive to ever show, so they must have figured out some explanation for why he never uses them. Or maybe they didn't even bother. That show is so goofy they probably don't care
    Well, it's probably partially why Martian Manhunter wears the suit but doesn't even use his Martian face anymore, but I don't think either of those shows has had anything as bad as Fuerza on The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's probably partially why Martian Manhunter wears the suit but doesn't even use his Martian face anymore, but I don't think either of those shows has had anything as bad as Fuerza on The Flash.
    Yeah, ditching the CGI J'Onn was a great decision. It helps that the suit they gave him looks badass.

Yeah, ditching the CGI J'Onn was a great decision. It helps that the suit they gave him looks badass.
    Really? He looks weird to me in the suit without his Martian face. I don't think the CG for that was even bad, they just inconsistently applied it because of budget.

Incredible Member

As someone who suffered through the last season let me say it: Flash can't be saved.
    They have gotten horribly lost, in which they are groping through darkness. I don't care
    how much money they give them, the end result will only be a muddled mess. It pains me
    to say that. Everyone associated with Superman and Lois should stay far away from them,
    out of fear of contamination.

I suspect next season to get everyone to shut up we will probably get a postcard from Kara.
    Kara: Looking forward to seeing everyone at the KU basketball game against Baylor.

Then finally, maybe, people will feel a bone has been thrown her way. I don't personally
    know why all these references, appearances need to be made by Supergirl. Her run, with a
    few exceptions, was a good one. She doesn't need Clark or Lois to give her validation.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As someone with perennial stubble, how dare you.

I think Hoechlin just grows it out too fast for him to not have an inconsistent level of scruff across filming. I have an uncle who genuinely does have scruff come in the day he shaves. Shaving multiple times a day just isn't good for the skin, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Stubble makes more sense in a way, he'd likely regrow hair faster than normal given his powers.

Lolita (Kubrick film version, 1962):
    Lolita: Do you always have to shave twice a day?
    Humbert: Yes, of course, because all the best people shave twice a day
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog