Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be interesting if Jon's powers were initially the super senses instead of strength/speed/flight etc. It would force him to learn how to be the guile hero. Having both brothers get powers but they don't get the whole set is a way to differentiate them and keep it consistent.
    Jon being essentially non-blind daredevil?I think jon should have superintelligence.Essentially,the introvert gets superstrength,speed..etc.The jock gets to be supersmart and sensitive.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be interesting if Jon's powers were initially the super senses instead of strength/speed/flight etc. It would force him to learn how to be the guile hero. Having both brothers get powers but they don't get the whole set is a way to differentiate them and keep it consistent.

I do prefer Jordan to Teen Jon but that's more because I like the idea of a more changed Jon. Restingvoice pitched a more reserved Jon in the "what a Jon Kent Superman book needs" thread. Beyond that I can't say I prefer Jon/Jordan over Jon in the comic just yet.
    I actually don't want either brother to have a full set of abilities. Let's split them up between them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon being essentially non-blind daredevil?I think jon should have superintelligence.Essentially,the introvert gets superstrength,speed..etc.The jock gets to be supersmart and sensitive.
    I think Jordan has probably called dibs on intelligence. On one of the earlier articles after the show was announced and we got wind of who the boys would be, they drew a comparison to Jor-El, his name sake.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think Jordan has probably called dibs on intelligence. On one of the earlier articles after the show was announced and we got wind of who the boys would be, they drew a comparison to Jor-El, his name sake.
    That's seem predictable and stereotypical to me.Regardless,i hope they keep jon being fair with competition and having that spirit of it.That's more important.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Jordan does seem slightly more cerebral, he’s the one who could tell something was up after the barn incident.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Jon having supersenses and superintelligence would be great. Dude's already playing the protective older brother role; supersenses would work great with that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    The ratings for episode one were good but lower than the pilots of every other Arrowverse show and I am confused. More people are watching the freaking Walker Texas Ranger reboot. How is a new Superman with a bigger budget than other CW shows not breaking records.
    Using him as a device to prop up Kara for years, job to Bruce in BvS and being the villain of their big video games has hurt Clark. People are jaded. It's going to take time and word of mouth to bring people back in.

And some just don't want to see him married or as a dad. Hell, some might but also want to see him get there.

Also cord cutting. People are all about streaming services nowadays. If S&L do well numbers wise on the CW app or HBO Max then the show will be fine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think fans of the show would be really mad, everybody around the world knows Clark Kent is the best and only Superboy. It would be bad for marketing, for sure.
    Reality-Wall-punching not working for you anymore, huh? lol

THIS IS AMAZING!! Honestly, it looks better than the new suit, even if they both suffer from:

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I really hope they open up that neck line in his costume. It looks like its choking him.
    Agreed. The new suit is good, but the top is too thick and (like SR) doesn't convey strength. Opening up the neckline (ala the old CW suit, actually, just NOT the cape) would do that nicely.

Anyway.. my thoughts on the show:

FANTASTIC. Seriously, this is the tone balance I was hoping for when I drove 4 hours with 7 people to see "Man Of Steel" in IMAX 3D when it first came out. FINALLY, I'm getting serious and heartfelt with a Superman that feels classic yet modern, mature and serious yet still upbeat. And not mature for a 12 year old, but actually mature. So incredibly refreshing. Both Bitsie and Tyler are better here than they've ever been, and they were good before. Tyler, in particular, feels more like Superman here than he ever has. He's given a lot to work with, and does it well. That having been said, I do agree that Lois needs a lot more to do and her character needs to drive the plot forward significantly in the future for this show to really fire on all cylinders. There was a lot to cover in the setup here, sure, but she could have had more of a role. It certainly didn't take me out of the pilot since I'm often willing to let some things go at first, but from what we all know I'm expecting that to be an issue for me until it's (hopefully) resolved. And them being a generally unified team should make that both fairly easy to do and more interesting as well. Hopefully the show gets there.

I liked that Kryptonite isn't an instant death sentence, hope that continues. And showing from Superman's pov the process of HOW he fixed the first reactor is something I've been wanting from live action Superman for a while now. About damn time.

Ronda (MY Lois) loved the whole thing, start to finish, and she's excited for next week, as am I.

I haven't been this stoked for new Superman content since Rebirth.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

For those concerned about Lois, it sounds like she'll be in the drivers seat for the fourth episode.

TRUTH – While sitting in the stands at the high school football game, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Chrissy (guest star Sofia Hasmik) spot fish out of water Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner) conversing with Mayor Dean and Kyle Kushing (Erik Valdez), and the two see right through this insincere move to try to win over the town. Meanwhile, Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) agrees to help Lois out at a town hall meeting, but things get tense when he finds himself pulled in two different directions. Lastly, Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) is having mixed emotions about Jordan’s (Alex Garfin) newfound status.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Just, Jordan, as a character (not the actor) is about the only part of the show I'm unsure of. Because "angsty teen drama" is one of my pet peeves.

Sarah Lance was a good OC for the Arrowverse. Diggle was good. Other characters? Eh, not so much. At least, not my cup of tea.

Called it, I knew Jon was going to get resentful of Jordan.

I'm guessing the "newfound status" he's going to join Jon's football team. Which I could see being the bridge too far.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I'm guessing the "newfound status" he's going to join Jon's football team. Which I could see being the bridge too far.
    I think Jordan is definitely going to use his powers to try and be popular now.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Now that it's over, what is the verdict?
    It was just ok for me. But there are some elements that I liked, so I'll stick around for another couple of episodes and give it a chance.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin